27th February 2017, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join the Indian Army at the age of 17 years with 160 cm Height and 48 kg Weight?

Respected Sir, I am 17 years old now and I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know am I eligible to join the Indian Army at the age of 17 years with 160 cm Height and 48 kg Weight? Which exam do I need to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
28th February 2017, 06:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Army at the age of 17 years with 160 cm Height and 48 kg Weight?

1. At age of 17 years, you can apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination to join Indian Army. The age limit for NDA examination is 16.5-19.5 years. You must be unmarried male to apply for NDA exam.

2. The educational qualification for NDA exam is senior secondary. 12th board appearing candidates can also apply for this examination . Candidates from all streams are eligible for Indian Army.

Stages of NDA exam:

Written test.

Service Selection Board.
28th February 2017, 09:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Army at the age of 17 years with 160 cm Height and 48 kg Weight?

You are eligible to join Indian Army at age of 17 years with 160 cms height and 48kg weight through National Defence Academy entrance examination.

About NDA examination:

It is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

Eligibility criteria:

Minimum qualification: 12th in any stream.

Age criteria: 16.5-19.5 years.

There are two stages to clear to get job in Army, written test and service selection board.
1st March 2017, 07:05 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army being 17 years old, 160 cms height and 48 kg weight candidate. To join in Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognized board to be eligible to appear in NDA examination.
1st March 2017, 10:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am 17 years old now and I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know am I eligible to join the Indian Army at the age of 17 years with 160 cm Height and 48 kg Weight? Which exam do I need to write? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Army but you fulfill below given criteria.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

I have attached a document where you can find physical criteria, if you fulfill below given physical criteria then you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements.txt(3.2 KB, 32 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?