14th February 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Army as I did not pass in maths in class 12th?

sir,
iam Deepan 21yrs old male from pondicherry i have studied 12 th class science stream a1 biology in tamilnadu board exam but iam not pass in maths! iam intrested in joining indian army ,how can i elegible for joining plz help me!

18th February 2012, 10:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army as I did not pass in maths in class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
iam Deepan 21yrs old male from pondicherry i have studied 12 th class science stream a1 biology in tamilnadu board exam but iam not pass in maths! iam intrested in joining indian army ,how can i elegible for joining plz help me!
If your are not a graduate and have just passed Higher Secondary examination, as per the age you have mentioned, you will not be able to join Indian Army as an Officer. In order to join as an officer after the age of 19, one must hold a bachelors degree and be within the age limit of 19-25 years. If a candidate belongs to engineering branch, he will be able to apply for the officer rank even at the age of 27 years.

As per your qualification and age, you may, however, apply for the tank of Soldier in the non-technical branch of the Indian Army.
Since you have studied biology in your +2 level, you may apply for the post of Soldier Nursing Assistant. To be considered eligible, you must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in the +2 level and should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subjects.

Apart from the one mentioned above, you may also apply for the following posts in Indian Army, provided you fulfill the eligibility criteria for each posts:
  • Store Keeper Technical
  • Soldier-General Duty
  • Soldier Tradesmen
In order to know the eligibility criteria of each of the positions mentioned above, Click Here.
24th February 2012, 10:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army as I did not pass in maths in class 12th?

It is not clear from the question whether you have completed 12th grade or not. You can join the Indian Army, but cannot join in as an officer. There are lots of jobs present in the Army for which you can apply. For these jobs, the primary educational qualification is 10th grade. You can become a Jawan, storekeeper, driver, security guard etc.
3rd July 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate, can I join an Indian Army tank regiment?
3rd July 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate, can I join an Indian Army tank regiment?
3rd July 2013, 10:53 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

After Graduation to join Indian army, you have to appear in the UPSC Conducted CDS exams

This exam is conducted two times each year

Eligibility for the CDS exams is:

Education:
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Indian Airforce- Graduation Pass with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH

AGE LIMITS-
IMA- Between 19- 24 years
OTA Between 19- 25 years
NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?