14th November 2017, 10:44 AM
Uqaab Taufeeque

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy with 68 percent marks in 10th standard? Which post to apply?

My name is Uqaab Taufeeque. I am Washim from Maharashtra, India. I have passed 10th with 68.69%. Date of birth:17/08/1997. Can I join Indian navy?
Which post for I can apply? What would be the minimum criteria followed to apply?

15th November 2017, 05:40 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy with 68 percent marks in 10th standard? Which post to apply?

The minimum criteria followed to apply for Indian Navy through National Defence Academy is 12th or appearing for senior secondary board exams.

The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years for each and every candidates.

There is a condition that student should be male and not unmarried.

You can first do 12th in science stream to become eligible for NDA exam.
15th November 2017, 07:54 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy with 68 percent marks in 10th standard? Which post to apply?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 10th standard. The minimum educational qualification required to join Indian Navy is completion of 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. You have to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy. The age criteria required to apply for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, so, being a 10th standard candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
15th November 2017, 09:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 10th passed candidate and born on 17th August 1997 at present you can apply for the post of Steward, Chef, Hygienist in non artificer cadre of Indian Navy. You must required the physical and mental fitness criteria too.

For more details regarding these entries and also to apply for these posts you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in as early as you can as application procedure for these entries is active now.
15th November 2017, 02:39 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Indian navy has the minimum post of the Sailor which requires you to be 12th pass at the least.

You cannot apply for any job in the Indian navy on the basis of 10th class percentage.

You need to qualify 12th standard with a good percentage to get a job in the Indian Navy.
15th November 2017, 04:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Navy through National Defence Academy entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for NDA exam is:

*Minimum qualification is 10+2 with PCM subjects.

*Age criteria is 16.5-19.5 years.

*Only unmarried male candidates can apply.

At present, you can not apply for Indian Navy entrance exam called NDA. After pursuing 10+2 in science stream, you will become eligible for NDA exam.
15th November 2017, 05:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You are not eligible for Indian Navy after passing standard 10th with 68% marks. The qualification required for Navy is 10+2.

Students who complete 10+2 with science stream and compulsory subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry are eligible for NDA exam.

The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male unmarried candidates can apply for NDA exam. Female candidates are not eligible for Indian Navy.
15th November 2017, 10:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after passing 10th standard. For joining in Indian Navy, you have to apply for UPSC NDA examination. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy is completion of 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics subjects from any recognised board. So, as per the UPSC NDA examination notification, you have to pursue 12th standard with PCM stream to be eligible to join Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?