7th March 2017, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy job with 92 percentage marks in 12th PCB?

Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy job with 92 percentage marks in 12th PCB? What is the minimum criteria which is followed? Can you please give me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

7th March 2017, 09:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy job with 92 percentage marks in 12th PCB?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with PCB stream with 92% aggregate marks from a recognized board. To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you should have to appear in NDA examination. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognized board are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
7th March 2017, 09:50 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy job with 92 percentage marks in 12th PCB?

No, you will not be eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with PCB group.

After 12th, one can join Indian Navy through NDA exam. Union Public Service Commission conducts an Examination for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA.

Eligibility criteria for NDA are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1997 and not later than 01st July 2000 are eligible

-The candidate must be 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University to join Air Force and Naval Wing and 12th in any stream for Indian Military Academy.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.
7th March 2017, 10:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At 10+2 level, the entrance examination to get entry in Indian Navy is National Defence Academy. NDA entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year for selection of candidates in different wings of Defence.

The eligibility criteria for Indian Navy is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates who have not studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 are not eligible for NDA entrance examination for joining Indian Navy.
7th March 2017, 10:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria a candidate must have passed the 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks in order to join Indian Navy. As you have pass your 12th with PCB so you are not eligible in order to join Indian Navy or appear to appear in NDA exam.
So you are not eligible.
8th March 2017, 11:31 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed you Class 12th with PCB group you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as an officer as for the same you need to be science stream student with PCM group student throughout your academics.

Further you can join Indian Navy as a tradesmen depending upon the vacancy for the same. Also for the same you are required to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

For more details and updates about different entries in Indian Navy you can visit the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
8th March 2017, 10:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment in Indian Navy the minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCM ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ) as main paper.

So, you cannot appear for any examination for recruitment in Indian Navy such as NDA, CDS for entry in Indian Navy.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.nausenabharti.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?