8th June 2018, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Indian Navy with less than 70% in 12th?

Sir/Madam, I would like to know that if I score less than 70% marks in my 12th Board exam then am I eligible for the entry in Indian Navy? I am interested to join Indian Navy, please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

9th June 2018, 12:02 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Navy with less than 70% in 12th?

At 10+2 level, the only entrance exam through a candidate can join any wings of defense like Navy, Air Force and Army is through the National Defense Academy exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board. Candidate age must be lie between 16.5 to 19.5 years. Candidate must be an unmarried male Indian.

So, you can join Indian Navy on the basis of 10+2 qualification.

For more informatio you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th June 2018, 01:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as Indian Navy as an officer, the candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper. Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th June 2018, 07:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to join Indian Navy even if you have less than 70% aggregate marks in your 12th standard. To join Indian Navy, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, there is no minimum specific criteria required to appear in NDA examination, you can join in Indian Navy.
9th June 2018, 08:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Navy even if you are scoring less than 70% marks in 12th standard. There is no such percentage criteria for joining Indian Navy.

All you have to do is to apply for NDA Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year. There are three wings in NDA i.e. Air Force, Army and Navy wing.

While applying for NDA exam, you will have to give Navy as your first preference. There is another wing called Naval Academy which you can give as second preference while filling NDA Application form.

There will two stages to clear NDA Exam i.e.
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview

Application Forms will be filled online through UPSC Online Web Portal.
9th June 2018, 09:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with less than 70% marks you are eligible for joining Indian Navy as a sailor entry by qualifying its written test followed by physical fitness test. For the same entry, you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

Further, if the stream at your Class 12th level includes Mathematics and Physics then you are eligible for officer's entry in Indian Navy by qualify NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination. Also, for joining NDA, you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For more details regarding different entries in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .
10th June 2018, 11:20 AM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam, I would like to know that if I score less than 70% marks in my 12th Board exam then am I eligible for the entry in Indian Navy? I am interested to join Indian Navy, please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!
Yes, you can join Indian Navy if you have less than 70% in 12th Board. You can apply for UPSC's NDA exam after 12th. There is no percentage required limit to appear in NDA exam. Join any good NDA coaching to prepare yourself for NDA Written test and SSB Interview.
10th June 2018, 04:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

With less than 70% marks in bachelor's degree, you are eligible for entry into Indian Navy through National Defence Academy entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. PCM subjects in 12th from a recognized board for Navy.

2. Minimum of passing percentage of marks is required for this exam.

3. Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

4. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for exam.

You can clear written test and Service Selection Board to enter into Indian Navy through NDA exam.
10th June 2018, 11:49 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> Indian Navy can be joined through NDA entrance exam after 12th class.

=> As per my knowledge, there is no percentage criteria to apply for NDA so you are eligible to join Indian Navy with less than 70% in 12th.

=> Candidate should have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board.

=> The age of candidate should be 16.5 to 19 years.
11th June 2018, 07:36 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, you can join Indian Navy with less than 70% marks in 10+2.

Indian Navy join through NDA.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year. NDA has three wings - Indian Navy, Indian Army and Indian Air Force.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board.

Candidate age must be 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?