13th February 2017, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Can a BE Civil engineer with 75% marks eligible to join Indian Navy? Which type of post I can get?

Sir, I have completed BE Civil engineering course and got 75%. Now I want to join Indian Navy. Am eligible to join Indian Navy? Which type of post I can get?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a 10th pass with 70% marks eligible to join Indian Navy? Which type of post I can get?
  2. Can a Civil Engineer join Indian Navy? Which course to do to get the job?
  3. How can a girl Civil Engineer join Indian Navy? How to prepare for entrance exam? Which post I can get?
  4. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after scoring 52% marks in class 12th? Which exam do I need to write?
  5. How to join Indian Navy during or after B.E.? What type of preparation required?
  6. What a 9th standard student can do to join Indian Navy?
  7. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How may I join Indian Navy? I'm a civil Engineer
  9. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy job with 92 percentage marks in 12th PCB? -- [New]
  12. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if completed Civil Engineering Diploma course being a 30 years old candidate and having 162 cms height?
  14. How to join and serve Indian Railway as a Junior Engineer? I have completed B.Tech in civil engineering with 84%
  15. Can I join Indian Navy after passing 12th with 55% in PCM?
  16. How can a Female student become a Naval Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as a General Engineer Officer through SSC-GS if completed B.Tech in Production Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy? Requirements for it?
14th February 2017, 11:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BE Civil engineer with 75% marks eligible to join Indian Navy? Which type of post I can get?

Being a Civil Engineer the best option for you in the Indian Navy is the option of commissioned officer and for the same you need to qualify CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining Naval Academy i.e; Indian Navy you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 19 years to 22 years.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree with Physics/Mathematics/ Engineering stream from a recognized university.

iv) You must have the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Apart from the officer's entry, you are also eligible for your recruitment at various non commissioned posts by qualifying their respective examination.

For more details about different types of entry in Indian Navy you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
15th February 2017, 08:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BE Civil engineer with 75% marks eligible to join Indian Navy? Which type of post I can get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed BE Civil engineering course and got 75%. Now I want to join Indian Navy. Am eligible to join Indian Navy? Which type of post I can get?
Yes, you can apply for Indian Navy through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Naval Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 years

Books for CDS exam:

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (English)
Author: Tripathi, Brijesh|Author; Rawat, Satyajeet|Author; Goyal, Neetika
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers of CDS Mathematics / English / General Ability (English) 5th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Arihant Experts
Released: 2014
Publisher: Arihant

Mathematics for C. D. S. Entrance Examination (English) 1st Edition
Author: Aggarwal, R S|Author;
Released: 1990
Publisher: S. Chand Publisher
15th February 2017, 10:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy. To join Indian Navy candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Navy is that candidate must have passed B.Tech or B.E from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-22 years. The examination is conducted in two stages and after qualifying in both stages eligible for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

After qualifying in examination you will be eligible for recruitment as Lieutenant.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?