1st November 2017, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy or Indian Army after 10th standard?

Hi, I am Suraj Sharma from Gujarat. I have completed my 10th std with 61 percent, and now I am doing diploma in electrical in 1st sem. Can you tell me can I join Indian army or Indian navy? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thanks!

4th November 2017, 09:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy or Indian Army after 10th standard?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy or Indian Army after completion of your 10th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Navy or Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy or Indian Army.
4th November 2017, 06:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy or Indian Army after 10th standard?

Sorry, to say that you can't join Indian Navy or Indian Army after completion of your 10th standard. The minimum educational qualification required to join Indian Navy or Indian Army is completion of 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. You have to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy or Indian Army. You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination. So, you need to pursue 12th standard after completion of your 10th standard to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy or Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?