18th July 2017, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy after 12th being a girl?

Hello Sir, I passed my 12th standard in science stream. I want to join Indian navy, but I want more details about Indian navy. Can I join the navy being a girl after 12th? Please tell me Sir.

19th July 2017, 09:52 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after 12th being a girl?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian navy after 12th being a girl candidate, because girls are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. But, you can complete your graduation from a recognized college/university and then join Indian Navy through Combined Defense Service examination (CDS) conducted by UPSC departments.
19th July 2017, 04:39 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that being a girl you can't join Indian Navy after completion of 12th standard.
In order to join Indian Navy first of all you need to be a graduate and after qualifying bachelor degree you are required to appear and qualify in CDS (Combined Defense Services) which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.
Eligibility criteria for UPSC CDS examination:
>A candidate should have passed or appearing in the final year of bachelors degree from a recognized university.
>The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
>Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
>Age of the candidate must me within 19 years to 22 years.Age relaxation is also applicable for reserved category candidates according to government rule.
19th July 2017, 08:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Navy after 12th standard a candidate has to appear in NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year but only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in this entrance exam.
Being a girl child you are not eligible to appear in this entrance exam hence you cannot join Indian Navy after 12th.
After passing your graduation you are eligible to appear in CDS exam but you can join OTA.
19th July 2017, 11:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th Class being a girl. In general, candidates who are willing to join Indian Navy are required to appear in NDA Entrance Examination. UPSC conducts NDA recruitment examination for joining several wings which include,

>> Naval Wing

>> Air Force Wing

>> Army wing

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for join Indian Navy is 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics subject.

Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA exam and female candidates are not eligible. So I suggest you to pursue Graduation, so that you can appear in CDS Examination to join Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?