12th June 2018, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for M.Tech in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech in Information Technology?

I have completed my B.Tech in Information Technology and I want to do M.Tech in Astrophysics. Am I eligible for it? If not, then what further should I do to pursue Masters in Astrophysics?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study MTech(CSE) for BTech(IT) graduate
  2. Eligibility to study MTech(Electronics and Communication Engineering) in Mumbai Institute of Information Technology for BTech(CSE) student? -- [New]
  3. List of Institutions in India offering M.Teh in Astrophysics? Which other streams can I choose in M.Tech after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  4. Can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme if pursuing M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Astrophysics after completion of MBBS?
  6. Am I eligible to do masters in Astrophysics after completion of Mathematics in India?
  7. Am I eligible for NET exam after passing B.Tech and M.Tech in IT?
  8. Eligibility to study MTech(Computer Network Engineering) in NMAM Institute of Technology, Udupi for BTech(CSE) student?
  9. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  10. Am I eligible for M.Tech in food technology after doing B.Tech in Information Technology?
  11. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  12. Am I eligible to join M.Sc Astrophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physics with 85% of marks?
  13. Best Engineering colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which are the colleges in India offering the course in Astrophysics? What should I do in order to opt for Astrophysics?
  15. Am I eligible to teach B.Tech, M.Tech students?
  16. Can I study MTech(Highway Technology) being a BTech Civil student?
  17. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  18. Am I eligible to do masters in astrophysics after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?
13th June 2018, 05:09 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech in Information Technology?

Eligibility to pursue M.Tech in Astrophysics:

>> Candidates should complete B.E or B.Tech in the relevant subject he/she wants to do M.Tech.
>> Candidates should get minimum 60% marks in B.Tech.
>>Candidates must have obtained valid GATE exam scores because admissions in M.Tech course are based on GATE exam.
>> Candidates age should be less than 28 years to pursue this course.

*** As you have completed B.Tech in Information Technology, you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech in Astrophysics course.

Top Universities offering M.Tech in Astrophysics:

1. Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
Beluwakhan, Uttarakhand 263002
http://ares.res.in

2. Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
2nd floor, BARC Training School Complex, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400094
http://hbni.ac.in

3. Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
Chhatnag Road, Jhusi, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211019
http://hri.res.in
13th June 2018, 01:56 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech in Information Technology?

Yes, you can study M.Tech in Astrophysics after B.Tech in IT.

The basic eligibility required is a bachelor's level degree in any related stream with minimum 60% from any recognized university.

If you meet the requirements then you need to apply for entrance exams like GATE, CSIR NET, JEST, IIAST and etc.,
Based on your interest you need to attend any one of the entrance exam and score good marks in the exams.
If you qualify the exam in merit you can get admission in any top colleges.
15th June 2018, 06:29 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, you are eligible for M.Tech in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech in Information Technology.

** For M.Tech course candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

** The minimum percentage required in Bachelor degree for M.Tech course is 55%.

** My suggestion to you is that you should go for M.Tech in IT after completing B.Tech IT course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?