13th September 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths

sir i had pass my 12+ to commerce group without math .sir can i apply for merchant navy ??????

14th September 2012, 11:57 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths

Getting job in Merchant Navy is dream of thousands of Indians. After all its not only a reputed job which pays handsomely, the adventure of traveling the seven seas is something very hard to resist for young candidates.

Merchant Navy basically deals in cargo transportation. Most of the international trade is done via sea. This is where Merchant Navy comes into picture. Unlike the Navy which guards the shores from invasion, Merchant Navy is given the responsibility of transportation of crude oil, heavy machinery etc from one country to another.

Apart from the chance of traveling around the world, Merchant Navy also means good salary and additional perks. The crew of a ship is offered free meals at all the harbours and at the same time some officer level posts are allowed to bring their wives with them on the trip.

Unfortunately for you, it is not possible to apply for Merchant Navy simply because you need to complete Class 12th with PCM as the subjects. You on the other hand have completed 12th in commerce that makes you ineligible for Merchant Navy. Below are the complete details of the requirements. Please check that out.

Eligibility

If you want a job related to navigational and engineering fields then you are required to study Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering.

In that case you need to complete 12th standard with PCM as subjects.

The age limit would be 20 years.

However five years relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates in upper age limit.

Candidate should be unmarried. This rule applies for both Male and Female.

You will have to pass a medical test.

Apart from Medical test other requirements are 6/6 vision with no color blindness. You also should not have sea sickness. The height of the candidate should be at least 150 cm.

Direct Entry

Those who have completed 12th with PCM can apply for direct entry. Such candidates are eligible for Deck Cadets job.

Candidates with B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology can also directly apply for jobs like Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.
14th September 2012, 01:26 PM
amit_kumar432

Default Re: Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i had pass my 12+ to commerce group without math .sir can i apply for merchant navy ??????
Merchant navy provides wide scope for science stream as well as for another stream.

As you have passed 12th with commence without maths the you can apply for following option.

(1)indian navy sailor (Direct entry)
your age should be 17-20 years.
12th from recognise universities with minimum percentage is 55% in any stream
you should be unmarrid and citizen of india.

(2)Direct entry petty officer(sports)
your age shoud be 17-22 years.
12th pass from recognise universities of any stream with no minimum percentage.
you should be unmarried and citizen of india.

(3)senior secondary recruit (sport)
your age should be 17-21 years.
12th pass from recognise universities of any stream with no minimum percentage.
you should be unmarried and citizen of india.

selection procedure includes

1. written exam
2. medical test
3. personal interview

if you need further detail you can go to merchant navy site that is www.merchantnavyinfo.com

good luck
14th September 2012, 02:33 PM
bhargavipooja

Quote:

dear friend,

no you are not eligible for Merchant Navy
having commerce as a subject without maths

[SIZE=3]eligibility for the exam is[/SIZE]
candidate should be 12th appearing or 12th passed with pcm as a compulsory subjects from a recognised university

candidate should be unmarried male
and also a citizen of India

selection procedure for merchant navy is
written exam
interview
medical test

Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.

candidate who wants to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy needs to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering,

14th September 2012, 03:26 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

you are not eligible for Indian navy after 12 Th without math subject.
you can apply NDA EXAM AFTER 12TH STANDARD.
nda exam stands for national defence academy which is conducted by upsc twice in year.
nda exam is conducted into three wings;-
1-indian army
2-indian navy
3-indian air force

you must be passed 12 th standard from a recognized university with pcm subject.
age limit is 16.5-19 years.
you must be indian citizen and unmarried man.
you must be physically as well as mentally fit.

for more;-
upsc.gov.in
14th September 2012, 04:53 PM
incredibleshub

Quote:
YES dear you can join merchant navy without having maths subject.

To join Merchant Navy you can go through these schemes:

INDIAN NAVY SAILORS (Direct entry)

Nationality - Indian citizen

Age limit - 17-20 years

Marital status and gender - one should be unmarried male

Education Qualification - one need to have completed 12th from a recognized board or university with minimum of 55% marks in any stream.

DIRECT ENTRY PETTY OFFICER (Sports):

Age limit - 17-22 years

Education Qualification - one need to have completed 12th from a recognized board. There is no minimum percentage required.

SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUIT (Sports):

Age limit - 17-21 years

Education Qualification - one need to have completed 12th from a recognized board. There is no minimum percentage required.

The selection process consists of:

1. Written exam

2. Medical test

3. Personal Interview
2nd December 2012, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i m studnt pcm stream should i able 2 join merchant navy than pls provide me applictin form
4th February 2013, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after 12th science without biology?
4th February 2013, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after 12th science without biology?
30th March 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy aftrr b.sc. from medicl ?????????
30th March 2013, 11:51 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Merchant after passing 12th with Commerce Stream.

For Merchant Navy you have to pass 12th with Physic, chemistry and Maths.

You have other option like:-
> National Defence Academy
> Indian Railways
> Bank Clerk

If you want you can go for higher studies like:-
> B.Com
> B.B.A
> B.C.A
> Hotel Management
etc

ALL THE BEST!
31st March 2013, 06:59 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

There are few entry levels in Merchant Navy where the candidate no needs to have maths as a subject.

But they are completely different from the main courses.

So if you are interested you can apply for the entry level in the field.

I suggest you to go through the official website for all the details regarding the entry level schemes in merchant navy.

Thank you,

All the best.
26th June 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

comrce studant no maths suaject amd 12th pass jont to marchant nevy ?
27th June 2013, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i join the merchant navy to take the subject maths commerce
7th October 2013, 05:22 PM
Rahil kondkar

Question Re: Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths

Quote:
..........................................plz its a request
8th October 2013, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

After complete BA honours history what i read
14th May 2014, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am pursuing 12th in commrce with maths and i want to join merchant navy.. there is any oppurtunity for me..
4th June 2014, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

sir can i join merchant navy after passing 12 by commerce without maths
15th September 2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for merchant navy with commerce without maths having sports kota
26th December 2014, 12:28 PM
anandwarad

Quote:
and wat r the others courses in navy of commerce without maths
8th April 2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed 2nd puc in commerce, i saw ad in paper for merchant navy job of paying 1 and half lakh and they will traip of 3 months,... so i want to is this real oppertunity.......plz its urgent......
14th July 2015, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student of 12th and a girl I am sure that I will get above 75% in 12th (with Maths) I am eligible to joint merchant navy can I ?
27th February 2016, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I am btech mechanical but I am a commerce student of 12th with maths I am eligible to joint merchant navy can I
25th March 2016, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I have medical science stream but have maths as an additional subject. Am i eligible for applying in merchant navy?
7th May 2016, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Good Morning Sir/Madam i have completed my B.COM and i m a commerce student i dont have maths and PCM but i have state certificates and national certificates and i have done all the three certificates of NCC [A,B,C] CERTIFICATES am i eligible for merchant navy please let me know

Thanking You
Yours Faithfully
MANAN
30th May 2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for merchant navy after passing 12 th in commerce with maths but my age is 26
26th September 2016, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply merchant navy pass 12th in commerce with maths age 18
16th October 2016, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for merchant navy after passing 12th in commerce with maths
28th December 2016, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir. Can i join merchant navy after passing 12th with commerce with maths?
8th June 2017, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i have pass out my 12th sci with 53% and my pcm score is 41% is there any chance for applying for any post of merchant navy
7th July 2017, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed 12th commerce with maths with 83.6% .i have a great interest in it.is there any chance for me to enter in to merchant navy?
6th March 2018, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for merchant navy through commerce without maths???
23rd May 2018, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a girl and I have passed class 12 with pcm can I join merchant navy just after 12
5th August 2018, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I AM a girl and I had passed 12th this year with a commerce stream without math can I join merchant Navy just after 12th....
15th August 2018, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th in commerce with maths
18th April 2019, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th isolated form
3rd July 2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredibleshub View Post
YES dear you can join merchant navy without having maths subject.

To join Merchant Navy you can go through these schemes:

INDIAN NAVY SAILORS (Direct entry)

Age limit - 17-20 years

Education Qualification - one need to have completed 12th from a recognized board or university with minimum of 55% marks in any stream.

DIRECT ENTRY PETTY OFFICER (Sports):

Age limit - 17-22 years

SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUIT (Sports):

Age limit - 17-21 years

The selection process consists of:

1. Written exam

2. Medical test

3. Personal Interview
i am very interested in navy so i want to join it
7th July 2019, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am pass the 12th class with PCM but I am fail in chemistry can I join merchant Navy
4th August 2019, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

What I need to do if I have opted commerce and want to join in merchant Navy?
4th December 2019, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I was passed 12th science without maths so sir plzz tell me can i join navy
4th December 2019, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I am passed 12th science without maths so any chance to there joi navy
10th March 2020, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I studied CILT International professional diploma in logistics supply chain shipping management CILT.... Can I join merchant navy?
24th June 2022, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy without maths ? I have taken PCB and my age is now 24 ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?