22nd July 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream?

i have passed 12th recently with commerce stream without maths. can i get admission in merchant navy????

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  2. Can I make a career in merchant navy after passing commerce stream?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How should I join merchant navy after passing 12th in commerce?
  5. How to get admission in Merchant Navy after doing 12th with commerce stream?
  6. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  7. Am I eligible to join the Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with 60% marks in commerce stream with Maths?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce
  9. Do the students with 12th commerce have any chance of getting recruited in Merchant Navy? Options regarding the recruitment in Merchant Navy?
  10. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam
  11. After passing 12th what to do to take admission in Merchant Navy?
  12. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring 75% in 12th? Is there any scope for commerce students in Navy?
  13. How can I join merchant navy after passing 12th commerce?
  14. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce? -- [New]
  15. Can I get Job in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th class with Commerce stream?
  16. Can I get job in Merchant Navy after the completion of 12th with Commerce stream and without Maths?
  17. Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?
  18. How to go for merchant navy after passing 12th commerce
5th October 2012, 08:20 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream?

Merchant Navy is a very attractive field where candidate gets to travel around the world. To sum it up simply, Merchant Navy deals in the field of cargo transportation. The export and import of oil, heavy mechinery etc. done through sea. As the matter of fact around 90 percent of export of transportation is done via sea. This is where Merchant Navy comes into the picture.

Like I said a carrer in Merchant Navy could be very adventerous for the person who loves to travel. It is perfect way to travel around the world and get a good salary. Yes salary also makes Merchant Navy very attractive. The pay for officers in the Merchant navy could easily cross One Lakh per month.

There are two ways to be eligible for job in Merchant Navy. You can either seek direct admission after 12th or complete a graduation course for officer level jobs. Unfortunately you can not apply for job by either way.

To get a job in Merchant Navy you will need to complete 12th with PCM as the subjects. Unfortunately commerce students have no option to apply for any job in Merchant Navy. Here is the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility

For officer level jobs in navigational and engineering fields you will have to pursue Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering. The requirement would be:

1. Must pass 12th standard with PCM as the subjects.

2. The age limit for the exam is 20 years.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

4. Only unmarried candidates can apply.

Direct Entry

There is option for direct entry in Merchant Navy where if you have not completed Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering.

The candidates who have completed 12th with PCM can seek direct admission for Deck Cadets job.

Candidates who have compelted B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology are also eligible for direct entry for jobs such as Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

As you can see there is no option for you to apply for Merchant Navy jobs.
19th February 2013, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream?

Is it eligible for commerce students??
8th May 2013, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

How can i get the job after complete the cource of merchent nevy and how much salery can i expect..?
4th June 2015, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Hey i am shaikh sagir from maharashtra, mumbai 400050 bandra west i want to work for merchant navy my qualification is s.s.c passed with 55.80 percent in academic year 2013 to 2014 and and now i am in h.s.c commerce after passing f.y.j.c com and when i will pass my h.s.c than i will like to join merchant navy can i get a chance this is my dream to work forever on merchant navy please give me a job at that time i will work with my full effort this is my mobile no, 9594735772 . Thank you,
8th May 2018, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th from commerce stream with maths.is there any chance to get admission in merchant navy ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?