20th September 2012, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET exam?

My name is Ragini Rekha and my date of birth is 10-10-1991. I have qualified my 10+2 exam in 2009 i.e I want to know that am i eligible for NEET exam 2013.

4th December 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET exam?

Iam pooja. My date of birth is 01-01-1997. Iam studying 10 2 class. am i eligible to write the neet 5th may 2013?
4th August 2013, 10:05 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam pooja. My date of birth is 01-01-1997. Iam studying 10 2 class. am i eligible to write the neet 5th may 2013?
Full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is a new qualifying entrance exams for the students interested to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate course in medical. NEET has come as a replacement for AIPMT.

For admission to MBBS/BDS Courses this exam will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. It will be a single stage exam and a pen and paper test. Basically it is conducted offline.

If someone is interested to give this exam then first and foresmostly get the pass marks in the following subjects:- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. In addition to that it is also important to get 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.

This exam can also be given by the ones in the final year and is waiting for their results to come out. They will be given provisional admission.

Since the NEET exam for this year is already over so there is no way you can apply for it. You have to wait till next year for the notifications to come out. But let me tell you that even this year you were not eligible to sit for the NEET exam because of your age. You are still not 17 years. The lower age limit for giving this exam is 17 years. Before that you cant apply for this exam.

For the candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota seats in Government Medical Colleges through NEET, for them the upper age limit is 25 years and for the ones looking for appearing in the NEET for State Quota seats there is no upper age limit as such.

Hope this helps :-> :->
5th August 2013, 12:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NEET is the All India level medical entrance examination for admission into medical courses in top medical colleges.

You should pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks to appear for this examination.

If you fulfill above criteria then you can definitely apply for NEET.

Also your age should be above 17 years. There is upper age limit for all India level quota seats which is 25 years. For state level quota seats there is no upper age limit.

Examination Pattern:

The exam will have objective type questions related to following sections.

-Physics (45 questions)

-Chemistry(45 questions)

-Zoology(45 questions)

-Botany(45 questions)

The examination will be of 3 hours duration and there will be negative mark for every wrong answer.

For more information visit http://www.cbseneet.nic.in
5th August 2013, 06:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance test.This examination is oragnised every year by the Central Board of Secondary education for the MBBS and BDS course.

Previously All India Premedical test was conducted so we can say that it is substitute for it.

The eligibility criteria for the NEET exam is as below:

>>You should have done your 10+2 or appearing for it with physics,chemistry and biology as the compulsory subjects from a recognized board.Minimum of 50% in the above mentioned subjects is compulsory in order to give the exam.

>>The age limit for the NEET exam is 17-25 years which means that the minimum age limit is 17 years.

As you have mentioned that your date of birth is 01st January 1997 which means you will complete your 17 years in the 2014.So you can appear for the NEET 2014 exams as it is necessary that you must have completed 17 years on the 31st december of first year of bachelor's degree program.

Here is the details:

Hope the information helps you.If you need any other information regarding your query ,please leave a message here.We will get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best

aashisranjan784
5th August 2013, 11:12 PM

hi ragini,

NEET exam is conducted by CBSE every year.
It can be ragarded as the replacement for AIPMT.

ELIGIBILTY criteria for NEET exam :
  • He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
  • The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between:
  • 01.01.84 to 01.01.97 (SC/ST/OBC Category).
  • 01.01.89 to 01.01.97 (Other Category.
Eligibility for State Quota Seats:
  • He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
  • Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
I think this information is useful to you.

All the best

5th August 2013, 11:20 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
My name is Ragini Rekha and my date of birth is 10-10-1991. I have qualified my 10+2 exam in 2009 i.e I want to know that am i eligible for NEET exam 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayali sunil tandel View Post
please tell me what are the minimum and maximum marks required in NEET ?

Dear Aspirant,

NEET Stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test

♦> This exam is conducted by Medical Council Of India Every year....

♦> This exam is conducted for the taking admission in the field of Medical and Surgical in Under Graduate and Post Graduate course.....

♦> A candidate after completing their their 12th std. in the Group-B that is with compulsory subjects if Biology, Chemistry and Physics from recognized Board exam can apply for this exam.....

♦> A candidate must have secure at least 50% in their 12th std, Relaxation for reserved category. For SC/ST category candidate can apply with 45%...

Age Criteria:-

• Minimum age 17 years.
  • Maximum age 25 years...
  • Relaxation for SC/ST 5 year.

Exam Pattern:-

♦> There will be Three section of Exam :
  1. Physics
  2. Chemistry and
  3. Biology

♦> In the Physics and Chemistry section there will be 45 Objective types of Question are going to be asked which consists on 45 marks or each.....

♦> Whereas i the biology section there is 90 objective types of Question are asked, there is maximum 3 hours of time duration for writing this exam...

Best Books for NEET Exam:-

## NEET National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test 2013: Biology in 40 Days by S Chakravarty
Publisher: Arihant (2012)

## Score More NEET Test Series Pack: 10 Mock Tests on Latest Syllabus & Pattern by AIETS Experts
Publisher: AIETS (2013)

## NEET National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test 2013: Chemistry an Advanced Package for Medical Entrance Exams by GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications (2012)

All the best

With Regards.......
DHARM
6th August 2013, 11:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NEET stands for National Eligibility and Entrance Test .This exam is conduct for MBBS Course .

The General category Candidate must have 50 % marks in the class 12th with physics, chemistry and biology subject taken together.For Sc/ST candidate required 40% marks and for PH candidate require 45% marks .The students of all categories are required to pass Physics, Chemistry and Biology, English subjects individually.But there is no marks criteria in individual subject .

You have completed 12th in 2009 so you are applicable for NEET Exam .

Your minimum age should be below 17 years old.The maximum age limit for NEET Exam is 25 years old.

Your date of birth is 10-10-1991 so you are applicable for NEET exam .

Exam Pattern for NEET Exam :-

Total Time: 3 Hours
Total Questions: 180 Questions
Negative Marking: 1/4th negative marking

Topics are-

Physics- 45 Questions
Chemistry- 45 Questions
Zoology- 45 Questions
Botany- 45 Questions

List of the Best Books for NEET exam

Score More NEET Test Series Pack: 10 Mock Tests on Latest Syllabus & Pattern
Author: AIETS Experts
Publisher: AIETS (2013)

NEET 2013: 10 Mock Tests Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany
Author: Experts Compilations
Publisher: Arihant

Target NEET 2013: Common Medical Entrance Exam with 10 Mock Tests
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

For more details about NEET Exam please visit to [email protected]
7th August 2013, 10:54 AM
hero011
Member+

hello... friend

NEET stands for National Eligibility
cum Entrance Test.

*))Eligibility criteria....

* This exam is conducted by
Medical Council Of India every
year.

* candidate after completing
their 12th with compulsory subjects if
Biology, Chemistry and Physics from
recognized Board exam can apply for
this exam .

* A candidate must have secure at
least 50% in their +2 ,
Relaxation for reserved category. For
SC/ST category candidate can apply
with 45% .

* Patter for neet exam
3 section ... Biology . physics . Chemistry .

Physics and Chemistry
section there will be 45 Objective
types of Question are going to be
asked which consists on 45 marks .

biology section
there is 90 objective types of
Question are asked,

* Exam duration 90 min.

* Age limits 17 - 25 yrs .
7th August 2013, 07:44 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear aspirant

neet stands for national eligibility cum entrance test ,it is coducted by medical council of india for admission in mbbs cousres

yes you are eligible for neet,

qualifications for neet are :

1.must be 12th passed
2.must be having physics. chemistry and bio in 12th
3.must have minimum 50% in 12th

sc/st allowed relaxation of 5%

age criteria :

minimum age 17 year
maximum age is 25 years
sc/st allowed 5years relaxation

exam pattern
there are 45-45 ques from physics and chemistry of 1mark each
and 90 ques from bio section

all the best
12th August 2013, 03:27 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Being a 12th standard you're eligible for NEET Entrance Examination.

But, Since you have not mention you're specialization here. So, If you're belong from science stream then you're eligible for NEET Entrance Examination.

NEET stands for (National Eligibility and Entrance Test) and this Entrance Examination organized for MBBS Course.

Has pass 10+2 (or) its equivalent examination (see note) conducted by recognized Board/ University/ Council with pass in Physics and Chemistry are make the candidate eligible for this Entrance Examination.

Should be Obtained minimum 50% Percentage of marks and relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST candidate for 5% Percentage of marks.

Applicant of all categories for 12th standard with pass Physics, Chemistry are applicable are applicable for NEET Exam.

Applicant should be minimum 17 years and maximum age limit for NEET 25 years old.

The Entrance Examination pattern consist of Physics, Chemistry and Biology etc...

::Reference Books for NEET Entrance Examination::

>> NEET National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test 2013: Biology in 40 Days
Author: S Chakravarty

>> NEET National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test 2013: Chemistry an Advanced Package for Medical Entrance Exams.
Author: GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications

>> NEET National Eligibility cum Entrance Test: Encounter with Physics in Just 40 Days
Author: SB Tripathi

>> Target NEET 2013: Common Medical Entrance Exam with 10 Mock Tests
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?