24th April 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET Exam in English having scored 54.97% in Post Graduation?

Sir i have obtained 54.97% in pg, am i eligible for net ? My subject is eng lit.

Related Questions:
  1. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  2. Am I eligible to attend NET exam in English after scoring 53% marks in M.A English? I have scored 55% in M.Phil English -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am i eligible for SET NET? I have scored 48% in M.A English
  4. Am i eligible for SET NET after scoring 50% in M.A English
  5. Am I eligible for PO Exams having scored 56% in Graduation and 62% in Post Graduation?
  6. Though my post graduation is in English can I appear for Mass Communication?
  7. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category
  8. How to apply for PO on the basis of Post Graduation? I have scored 53% in graduation
  9. Can I do B.Ed along with Post graduation in English?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course if I have scored only 52.5% marks in post graduation course?
  11. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  12. What is the age limit for NET and SLET exam for Unreserved Category(for males)? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?
  14. Am I eligible for Post Graduate Teacher if done graduation in English Language & Economics?
  15. Am I eligible for PO post as per my academic records?
  16. Am I eligible for the post of English Teacher in Bengali Medium School after completing graduation in English?
  17. Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam in Linguistics having scored 62% in PG in Linguistics from Annamalai University in Distance Learning?
  18. Can I appear for UGC-NET before Post Graduation? What subject to choose in PhD after MA English?
24th April 2012, 12:08 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam in English having scored 54.97% in Post Graduation?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This Exam is being conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) twice a year in the months of June and December.

This Exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship and for giving eligibility to Lectureship.

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidates to take this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Post Graduation with any of the streams with a minimum of 55% of marks.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Age criteria :
-There is no upper age limit at all for Lectureship.
-But for JRF, one should not be more than 28 years of age by the 1st day of the month in which the exam is going to be conducted.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category and also for PH/VH candidates.

54.97% of marks will not be rounded off to 55% as per eligibility to NET Exam.

So, if you are a candidate from SC/ST category, you are eligible for this exam as you have a relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5%.

For updated information regarding this exam, you can visit
http://www.ugc.ac.in/index.html
24th April 2012, 12:30 PM
bablucena9

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam in English having scored 54.97% in Post Graduation?

hi,
NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This Exam is being conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) twice a year in the months of June and December.
55% is minimum
So, if you are a candidate from SC/ST category, you are eligible for this exam as you have a relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5%
thanks
26th August 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my MSc Food Tech and want to go for csir ugc net exam but I don't understand that under which subject I can appear in ugc net exam so please kindly guide me
2nd July 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET exam in English if I am a distant education student?
3rd July 2013, 02:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

UGC is University Grants Commission and it conducts NET for recruiting Lecturers in Government colleges and also NET qualified candidates can apply for Junior Research Fellowship if they fulfill the age criteria.

Age Limit for UGC NET:

For Lecturership - No upper age limit

For Lecturership - below 28 years of age ( 5 years relaxation available for SC/ST/PWD/OBC category candidates).

Educational Requirement for UGC NET:

Should have completed Post Graduation in any discipline with 55% marks from a recognized University.

There is 5% relaxation in marks for reserved categories like SC/ST/PWD.

UGC NET Pattern:

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in

3rd July 2013, 05:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test is bi annual entrance exam which is conducted by the University Grants Commission for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship for central government colleges.

There are three written tests in the National Eligibility Test. The exam is conducted two times a year. First time in June while second time in December.

To apply for the National Eligibility Test the requirement is post graduation degree. This you are meeting. But unfortunately not the percentage criteria. You should have 55 percent marks. Even with 54.99% you will not be allowed.

The only hope is that if you belong to SC/ST then under the rules of government you are eligible for 5 percent relaxation in the criteria. Which means that only 50 percent are required.

Please note that this relaxation is given to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe only. Other Backward Class candidates are not included.

NET Eligibility

1. Nationality: Must be Indian

2. Qualification: At least post graduate.

3. Marks: 55 percent for General/OBC.

4. Marks: 50 percent for SC/ST.

5. Final year students are also eligible.

6. However they are required to submit degree in 2 years time.

7. Subject: It depends on PG degree.

8. Age Limit for JRF: Should be less than 28 years.

9. Relaxation: 3 years for OBC.

10. Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST.

11. Lectureship Age Limit: 19 years is lower limit. No upper age limit.
3rd July 2013, 10:48 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I appear for NET exam in English if I am a distant education student?
YES, you can appear

NET Exams are conducted by UGC twice a year in June and December

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass from a recognised university
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years
5th July 2013, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i have obtained 54.97% in pg, am i eligible for net ? My subject is eng lit.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

If you have completed Masters degree from recognized university then you are applicable for NET exam .Required marks criteria for NET exam is 55% in masters degree.5% marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate .Final year of Masters degree candidate can apply here .

You have got 54.97% in Masters degree so you are not applicable for UGC NET Exam because the minimum marks required is 55% .But if you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for NET Exam.

There is a age criteria for Junior Research Fellowship .Your age should be below 28 years old. Age relaxation unto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / OBC .For the post of Lectureship , There is no upper age limit .

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 450/-; for Other Backward Classes fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-. .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?