27th March 2011, 03:48 PM
rraasshhmmii

Am I eligible for PO exam after scoring 55% in graduation?

Sir,

I am a MCA with 78 % and got 54.8% in graduation.Please let me know if I am eligible for the PO exam for banks having 55% criteria in graduation

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for counseling in UPTU MBA after scoring 49.30% in graduation?
  2. Am I eligible for SBI bank PO exam after scoring 51% in graduation and 65% in PG?
  3. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category
  4. Am I eligible for CA after scoring 50% in PG(MCA)?
  5. Am I eligible for all bank exam after scoring 58% in 12th board and 70% in graduation?
  6. Am I eligible to give Bank PO Exam after scoring 58% in 12th Class and 80.16% in Graduation? Can a candidate who scored 45% in 12th and 53% in Graduation be eligible to give this Exam?
  7. Am I eligible to appear for AFCAT exam after scoring 60% in graduation in each of the 3 years?
  8. Am I eligible for CMAT after scoring graduation with 49.68% in graduation?
  9. Am I eligible for any bank exam after scoring 43% in graduation -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to do PGDM course after scoring 50% in graduation in B.Com
  11. Am i eligible for correspondence or regular B.Ed course after scoring 42% in graduation
  12. Am i eligible for PO exam after scoring 53% in graduation and 70% in post graduation?
  13. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 54% in graduation and 60% in MA?
  14. Am I eligible for PO exam after scoring 67.6% in 12th and 55.5% in graduation
  15. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam after scoring 55.85% marks in graduation?
  16. Am I eligible for Bank Clerk Exam after scoring 56% in 12th and 45% in graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for B.Ed after scoring 48% in graduation(B.Com)?
  18. Am I eligible for B.Ed after scoring less percentage in graduation
23rd July 2011, 08:38 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for PO exam after scoring 55% in graduation?

Dear friend in some bank you are eligible but in some bank you are not eligible..........

But in maximum marks required is 55% ,but in some bank p.o marks required is 60%....

That's why in some bank p.o exam you are not eligible........

this is totally depend on bank eligibility..............
23rd July 2011, 12:36 PM
0nitesh

yes,eligible for PO exam after scoring 55% in graduation.
23rd July 2011, 06:57 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraasshhmmii View Post
Sir,

I am a MCA with 78 % and got 54.8% in graduation.Please let me know if I am eligible for the PO exam for banks having 55% criteria in graduation
Yes, definitely You are eligible for Bank PO examination !

Firstly, I have to inform you that The eligibility Criteria are vary from bank to bank, If you are apply for Private bank PO Examination, Then you have to scored Minimum 55% marks in your Graduation/Post graduation course.

But If you want to apply for Government Banks Then You have to completed your Graduation and Post Graduation degree course in any discipline from a Recognised University and There is no minimum Percentage eligibility Criteria to apply for Bank PO examination, So any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for bank PO examination.

For this year SBI bank PO examination was Going to be held on 07/Aug/2011 And the Last date of apply for this examination was already Over.

But If you have missed this chance then you have another Option, You have apply for Common Written Examination (CWE) will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for the Post of Probationary Officer and the post of Management Trainee.

And to apply for This examination you need to passed in your Graduation examination in any discipline, So If your age should between 21 to 30 years, Then you are eligible to apply for This examination, The last date of apply for this examination was 01/Aug/2011 And the date of the Written Examination has been tentatively fixed for 18/SEP/2011.

Eligible Candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the official website of IBPS, The cost of application form was Rs 450 And if you need more information then please visit the official website OR read the Given Notification -

www.ibps.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cwe_advt.pdf(90.2 KB, 100 views)
23rd July 2011, 09:15 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely you are eligible to appear in various Bank's Probationary Officer/ Clerical aptitude recriutment examination. As per your educational qualification you fullfill the minimum eligibility criteria which is 55% in Graduation. There are some exam asking for 60% but most of the times it is 55% required.

You have stated that you have 54.8% in Graduation i.e you are not having exactly 55%. I think rounding off marks may or may not be permisable so better to visit official advertisment of the exam or visit bank's official website.
23rd July 2011, 09:25 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ..

Ya of course you are eligible for the Bank P.O exam after scoring the 55% of the marks in the graduation examination .

The eligibility criteria for the private bank P.O exam is the one should score a minimum of the 55% of the marks in the graduation exam and that too from any of the recognized university from any discipline .
But for the government bank P.O exam they just require the graduation with any percentage of the marks from any discipline but from a recognized university or board .

The age limit for the Bank P.O exam is 21 years to 30 years for the general candidates .
But there is upper age limit for the OBC candidates (of 3 years on the upper age) and for the SC/ST (5 years on the upper age limit) .

Here I am providing you the list of the book from which you can prepare for the Bank P.O exams both for the private and the govt banks .

This year the SBI Bank P.O exam is going to be conducted on 07.08.2011 and the last date to apply has already been passed so you can apply next year.

For the other information you can visit the official website ::
http://www.statebankofindia.com
23rd July 2011, 09:47 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
for po exam there are some criteria
*candidates should be a graduates with any stream from a rechognise university.
having 60% mark.
* age limit 22 - 32 yrs.
to join in bank you have to give entrance exam under the bank which bank have vacancy post, all banks have thier own criteria for the candidates to apply upper criteria is for SBI bank,
but you can also apply in bank you will give their criteria as 55% in graduation .

good luck...........
23rd July 2011, 11:20 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

Only thing the eligibility criteria differ from bank to bank...

That means some banks accept 55% marks and some banks not accept.

Minimum Qualification for Bank Probationary Officer exams is graduation.

I think you are eligible for the bank probationary officer exam.

For this exam,the candidate must have a graduate degree from a recognized university and the candidate age should be 21 yrs to 30 yrs.The relaxation is given categories like SC/ST/OBC/PH/Other category candidates.

So,don't worry you are eligible for the bank po exam.
23rd July 2011, 11:29 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

See, don't consider 54.8 % as 55%...

because the percentage criteria given is the final criteria, you can not apply with a .01% difference!

Okay, now come to your question,
Most of the bank requires a minimum criteria of 55% marks...even some want 60%.

But most of the bank does not require less than 55%.

But if you are from SC/ST category, then you may get a 5% relaxation.

The bank criteria differs from bank to bank....so read the advertisement carefully before applying for it.......
23rd July 2011, 11:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

Hey friend,

The bank exams are conducted by many banks and they are Bank PO and bank Clerical.

The eligibility criteria for the exam are:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years of age.

The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university with 60%
aggregate. Some banks prefer for 55%.

The candidates must know about computers and must know to operate MS Office.

So as you have finished your MCA degree you are eligible for the exam and as you have got 5.8% in UG and 78% in PG if the banks consider your PG then you are eligible.

Thank you.
24th July 2011, 08:19 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for PO exam after scoring 55% in graduation?

Dear friend,

You are very well eligible for Bank PO exam.

The eligibility criteria for Bank PO is as follows:

Graduates in any stream and Final Year Graduate Candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment Examination. To apply for Bank PO examination You need to complete your Graduate degree Course in any stream from a recognised University And there is no minimum percentage eligibility criteria to apply for bank examination.

So, If you are Pursuing your final year B.tech Course and awaiting for the results then please dont worry you are eligible for Bank PO Recruitment Examination but you have to show your result at the time of Interview.

And to apply for Bank PO examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates. Eligible candidates may apply for Bank PO Examination Online And for more information please visit the Various bank Official website.

And as per the new notification of SBI was removed the Minimum percentage eligibility criteria and as per new notification any graduate passed candidates are eligible for Bank PO examination, There is No minimum percentage is requires for Bank PO examination. But the eligibility criteria are vary from Banks to Banks, For other banks please check the eligibility criteria from the official website or read the previous year notifications.

All the best...................
24th July 2011, 08:32 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

after complete your graduation you eligible for apply Bank PO exam

but you secure less than 60% in graduation,

so you can not apply SBI PO.

other bank PO you apply .

For PO exam:-

* CAndidate pass graduation

* Age- 21 to 30 years

age relaxation as per govt. rules
24th July 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

i m student of arts in 12th, what should i do? i have 2 option

1st--- photographer
2nd--- film and broadcasting............
25th July 2011, 01:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

dear friend,

sorry to say dear you are not eligible for BANK PO exam because maximum bank want 55% in graduation but your graduation marks is below 55%.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SBI PO EXAM -

Educational Qualifications-

General Candidates and others - 60% or more marks in class XII*
and 60% or more marks in Graduation or Post Graduation.

Age - Not below 21 years and not above 30 years.

All the best
25th July 2011, 06:28 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The criteria varies from bank to bank.. If you want to join in private bank sector then you are eligible for that..
But if you want to join in govt. bank sector then you are not eligible...
To appear in private bank PO exam you must have 55% aggregate in your graduation..
But to appear in govt. bank PO exam you must have 60% aggregate in your graduation..

As you have 55% marks in your graduation so, you are eligible for private bank sector exams for officer post..

All the best..
27th July 2011, 06:49 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir,

Eligibility:
1) Cndidate must be a citizen of India.
2) Candidate must have passed his graduation from a recognized university with an aggregate of 60%.
3). candidate must be 21 to 30 years of age.
4) . Candidate must have knowledge in Computer Skills .
27th August 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

what is characteria of cremilayer for bank po exam
25th September 2011, 01:52 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Actually the criteria differs from banks to banks.

Normally maximum no of banks are asking for 60% in graduation level.But there are some other banks also which are not asking for 60%.You can apply for that banks.Those are like as :

1.PNB

2.ICICI

3.Axis bank

4.UBI

5.Bank Of Boroda
25th September 2011, 07:13 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Most of all banks commences the Probationary Officer(PO) Recruitment Drive twice in a year,generally February-March and November-December.

The examination is done through the Aptitude Test & Interview.

Eligibility Criteria :

1:You should complete graduation with 55% in aggregate in any discipline.

2:your age should be maximum 25 years of age as on

selection process:

[B][COLOR="Navy"]Aptitude Test
Group Process

Profiling

Personal Interview
25th September 2011, 08:53 PM
shibendu

I'm sorry to tell you that maximum leading banks in our country needs 60% marks in graduation level.
These banks are :
1.SBI
2.ICICI
3.PNB
4.Axis Bank
5.HDFC

But you can try in these bank :

1.Dena bank.
2.Dhanlxmi bank.
3.Mallabhum Grameen Bank.
25th September 2011, 11:06 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

definately you are eligible for bank po exams but not in all banks;
eligibility for banks;
- a candidate should have graduation degree with minimum 55% marks
from any recognized university

-a candidate should have between the age of 21-30 years

besides this some of the bank needs 60% in graduation but mostly
banks need 50 or 55% marks
30th September 2011, 08:53 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

you are eligible for some banks & also you are not eligible some banks.
I'm sorry to tell you that maximum leading banks in our country needs 60% marks in graduation level.
These banks are :
1.SBI
2.ICICI
3.PNB
4.Axis Bank
5.HDFC

But you can try in these bank : because these banks required at least 55% in graduation.

1.Dena bank.
2.Dhanlxmi bank.
3.Mallabhum Grameen Bank.
30th September 2011, 11:53 PM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,
Yes, definitely You are eligible for Bank PO examination !

Firstly, I have to inform you that The eligibility Criteria are vary from bank to bank, If you are apply for Private bank PO Examination, Then you have to scored Minimum 55% marks in your Graduation/Post graduation course.

But If you want to apply for Government Banks Then You have to completed your Graduation and Post Graduation degree course in any discipline from a Recognised University and There is no minimum Percentage eligibility Criteria to apply for Bank PO examination, So any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for bank PO examination.

For this year SBI bank PO examination was Going to be held on 07/Aug/2011 And the Last date of apply for this examination was already Over.

But If you have missed this chance then you have another Option, You have apply for Common Written Examination (CWE) will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for the Post of Probationary Officer and the post of Management Trainee.

And to apply for This examination you need to passed in your Graduation examination in any discipline, So If your age should between 21 to 30 years, Then you are eligible to apply for This examination, The last date of apply for this examination was 01/Aug/2011 And the date of the Written Examination has been tentatively fixed for 18/SEP/2011.

Eligible Candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the official website of IBPS, The cost of application form was Rs 450 And if you need more information then please visit the official website OR read the Given Notification -

Thanks
1st October 2011, 02:31 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
Sir,

yes, you are eligible for various bank po exams as most of them require 55% in graduation
however SBI bank po exam eligibility is 60%
As you have done MCA , you can get the job of it officer in bank .
Also, some bank prefer MCA studends.
8th January 2012, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

is 54.8% equivalent to 55% ??
25th February 2012, 02:25 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you can. The eligibility conditions are written below.
Age limit: Candidate age must be in between 20 years to 30 years (age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines)
Educational Qualification: Any degree from a recognized University with 55% marks for General and OBC Candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD Candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?