24th February 2012, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PO positions in Government Banks having scored 76% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 73% in Graduation?

I m 24 year old.my 10 % is 76 ,12th % is 53 and graduate % is 73.am I eligible for government bank po post.

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage is required to attempt for banking exam? I am a student of BSc final year
  2. Am I eligible for the position of PO in SBI and other public sector banks having scored 51% in 12th class and an aggregate of 60% in Graduation being a candidate from Open category?
  3. What should I do about my career after graduating from Delhi University
  4. Am I eligible for government job after completing graduation in computer science with 50% marks?
  5. Government jobs available in Banks? Date of commencement of exams?
  6. Am I eligible for SBI PO Positions having scored 53.6% in 12th class and 65% in Graduation?
  7. Can I give PO exam after passing with 55%?
  8. Which course can I do in bank field to get a job?
  9. Am I eligible for PO or Clerks post in Banks after scoring 49.6% in 10th, 48.2% in 12th and 53.2 in B.Com graduation?
  10. Am I eligible for PSU exam if scored 65% in 10th, 56% in 12th with commerce and graduation 68% marks?
  11. Am I eligible for Jobs in top IT Companies being a candidate having scored 74% in 10th Class, 57% in 12th Class, 57% in Graduation and 59% in MCA course?
  12. What is the minimum qualification to get a job in bank?
  13. What kind of Jobs I can get after completion of BMS course?
  14. Am I eligible for Infosys after scoring 69% in 10th, 48% in 12th, 58% in graduation and 70% in MCA?
  15. Can I do engineering or clerk jobs in Banks if I scored 63% in 10th and 61% in 12th?
  16. Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam having secured 81% in 10th, 82% in 12th and 54% in Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the eligibility for bank manager? I am a final year student -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible to apply for Government Jobs as Bank POs and Clerks having scored 55% in 10th, 66% in Intermediate and 47% in Graduation being a candidate from BC-E category?
24th February 2012, 07:06 PM
arpitachouksey

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for PO positions in Government Banks having scored 76% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 73% in Graduation?

He,sorry but for PO exam 55% is required in 12th..But some time 50% needed so search for that positions.Best of Luck
24th February 2012, 10:03 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PO positions in Government Banks having scored 76% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 73% in Graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for P.O. exam for Bank having Graduation Degree with 73% marks.

P.O. - PROBATIONARY OFFICER, for this post Banks conducts examination in regular interval as per its requirements.

The candidate who has completed Graduation Degree with 50% marks in any discipline from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years, is eligible to apply for Bank P.O.

The selection is through written test followed by personal Interview.

Now the IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) conducts Bank P.O. exam for 19 banks which you can apply, the notification of which is yet to be announced.

For more information you may log on to www.sbionline.com and www.ibps.in
24th February 2012, 10:08 PM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Am I eligible for PO positions in Government Banks having scored 76% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 73% in Graduation?

You have secured quite decent marks in 10th and degree level.

Now, to become a Probationary Officer in a bank, you have to clear the PO exam conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. This Institute is recognized by as many as 19 banks. Your score in the IBPS exam is a better benchmark for the banks to select you than your marks in 10th, 12th, etc.

Hence, you should appear in the IBPS and try to score a very high mark. The score is valid for one year. The next exam could be notified by IBPS shortly. Keep watching their website http://ibps.in/index.htm regularly.

Apart from IBPS, a few banks like SBI and ICICI Bank conduct their own exam too.
5th March 2012, 09:09 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m 24 year old.my 10 % is 76 ,12th % is 53 and graduate % is 73.am I eligible for government bank po post.

If your interested to apply for bank po examination in government sectors then you should apply for IBPS Examination .

IBPS :- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection . IBPS conduct Common Written Exam (CWA) for every . If your interested to apply for this examination then you should complete bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

List Participating Banks of IBPS :-
  • Allahabad Bank
  • Indian Overseas Bank
  • Andhra Bank
  • Oriental Bank of Commerce
  • Bank of Baroda
  • Punjab National Bank
  • Bank of India
  • Punjab and Sind Bank
  • Bank of Maharashtra
  • Syndicate Bank
  • Canara Bank
  • UCO Bank
  • Central Bank of India
  • Union Bank of India
  • Corporation Bank
  • United Bank of India
  • Dena Bank
  • Vijaya Bank
  • Indian Bank

Syllabus for IBPS PO Examination :-
  • Reasoning
  • English Language
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • General Awareness
  • Computer Knowledge

Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO Examination :-

Nationality :- You should be citizen of India .

Age Limit :- Your age should be 20 years to 30 years and relaxation is given for sc/st candidates for 5 years / obc candidates for 3 years .

Educational Qualification :- You should be qualified in graduation (or) equivalent examination in any stream from recognized university .

The Important Notification for IBPS Examination are published in the month of February / March .

So , I suggest you to apply for IBPS Examination , with the IBPS score card then you may apply for bank po examination in any government banks .
5th March 2012, 09:16 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

First i told you that Every bank in India , there is no way to government because
all the bank is follow government rules.and not fully governmentisation.

So then you go for some criteria to give Bank exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*Age- 21 to 30 years
age relaxation based on bank rules and regulation.
*SBI and RBI can get 60% career in 10th,12th,graduation.

But other bank have 50% career.

Good Luck...............
5th March 2012, 10:15 PM
anlakshmi

Eligibility Criteria for Clerk Examination .

you should be qualified for 12th with 60% percentage of marks from recognized board . your belong from sc/st candidate them realxation is given for 55% percentage of marks from recognized board .

your age should 18 years to 28 years .if your belong from sc/st candidate the relaxation is given for 5 years and obc and other backward candidate for 3 years .

eligibility criteria for bank po examination :

>> you should be qualified for bachelor degree in any stream { ie : science or commerce } with 60% from recognized university

>> your belong from sc/st candidate then the relaxations is given for 55% percentage of marks .

>> Bank give first preference to commerce stream candidate .

>> you age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation is given to sc/st candidate for 5 year and obc candidates for 3 years

>> you should be qualified for computer course and you should have good communication skill in english and hindi

if you having this qualities then you will definitely become an bank officer .
5th March 2012, 11:13 PM
manas99

yes u should u can apply for the PO exam.No problem,but u have to score more in IBPS examination.
5th March 2012, 11:15 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

yes your eligible for bank po exams

eligibility :
citizen of indian
complete any degree (60%) of a recognized university
20 to 30years of age limit

Syllabus :
reasoning
english
aptitude
awareness
computer knowledge
25th December 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

i secured 57% in 10th 48% in 12th and 63% in b.tech am i eligible for po position in govt bank and private bank too like icici, axis bank
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?