1st June 2018, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BVSc without studying Biology in 12th standard?

Hi Sir/Madam, I am interested to study Bachelor of Veterinary Science. But I haven't studies Biology in my 12th standard. So, am I eligible to do BVSc course in this case? Please reply to me as soon as possible. Thank you!

2nd June 2018, 02:16 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BVSc without studying Biology in 12th standard?

=> Bachelor of Veterinary Science is an undergraduate Veterinary Science Course

=> For this course candidate must have passed 12th class science stream from a recognized board.

SUBJECTS REQUIRED

1. Physics

2. Chemistry

3. Biology

4. English

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to study BVSc without studying Biology in 12th standard.
2nd June 2018, 05:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BVSc without studying Biology in 12th standard?

if you haven't studied Biology in your 11th and 12th standard then you are not eligible to join BVSc course. In order to join this course, the candidate must have completed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with at least 50% marks.
2nd June 2018, 06:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibilty to join BVSc course:

One must have completed 10 + 2 with PCB from a recognised board.

Minimum percentage required is 50% and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved students.

One has to appear in all India veterinary entrance exam to secure seat in good college.
2nd June 2018, 09:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BVSc stands for Bachelor of Veterinary Science and the prerequisite qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission if you have not studied Biology in 12th std.
2nd June 2018, 10:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that to pursue Bachelor of Veterinary Science it is compulsory to have Biology in Intermediate. If you have not taken Biology in Intermediate then it is quite impossible to pursue Bachelor of Veterinary Science. To pursue any medical degree course it is compulsory to have Biology as main subject in Intermediate.
2nd June 2018, 10:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in BVSc course a per your qualification.

The required qualification to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course. Admission in most of the institutes is also conducted on the basis of NEET score.
4th June 2018, 03:25 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To serve in Veterinary field, candidate must have done 12th from recognized board with medical stream having Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

Hence you are not eligible to serve in Veterinary field as you have done 12th from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper and other stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?