31st May 2017, 12:13 AM
Shivani Shriva

Am I eligible to study Law with just 48% in 12th?

I have gave 12th from Maharashtra boards from science stream and I scored 48%. Now I want to take admission in law college. Am I eligible to study law. I have keen interest in lawyers and becoming one.

31st May 2017, 09:19 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Law with just 48% in 12th?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted for admission in law courses.

You can appear for CLAT and other law entrance examination conducted by various universities and colleges. The basic eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

For appearing in CLAT examination candidate need to have minimum 45% and relaxation for reserved categories ( varies with universities and colleges).

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in National Law universities. For detail information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
31st May 2017, 10:19 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is conducted by National Law University for admission in bachelor's degree in law. The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Board appearing candidates can also apply for CLAT examination.

You need to secure minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 to apply for Common Law Admission Test. For SC/ST candidates, it is only 40%. You can apply for CLAT 2018 with 48% marks in 10+2.
31st May 2017, 10:59 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CLAT entrance examination conducted for admission in National Law universities.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 45% in any discipline from a recognised board relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can prepare for it and qualify in it for admission in B.A LLB 5 year duration course.

Other universities also conducts entrance examination but required minimum aggregate varies with universities. So, visit official website to get details for admission.
31st May 2017, 12:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue law after passing your 12th standard:

- You must have completed 12th standard in any discipline.

- Must have scored at least 50% marks in 12th board.

- SC / ST candidates need 45% marks in 12th standard.

- It is necessary to have completed 12th when applying for the CLAT exam.

- The age limit for BA LLB course is 20 years.

- The age limit for SC / ST candidates is 22 years maximum.
31st May 2017, 12:33 PM
mrghost
Member+

Here I will give you a eligibility criteria for LAW:

> Candidate must have to qualify entrance exam known by CLAT (Common Law Admission Test).If you get good marks in this exam then you are eligible to get admission in India's top colleges.

> Candidate must have to pass 10 + 2 with minimum 50% marks from recognised board.

> Relaxation of 5% is given to Sc / St categories.

> You should be not more than 20 years in case of general and OBC category and 22 years for SC / St category.
31st May 2017, 12:54 PM
help100%

Yes you are eligible to take in most of the colleges except few those who are wanting 50% criteria for application in Law course.

For CLAT exam, you are eligible as they are demanding minimum criteria of 45% marks to apply for the entrance exam and if you score above the cut off marks of the entrance exam then you will get selected in one of the top prestigious law institute like NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, etc.

For Calcutta University, Indraprast University, Madras University, Mumbai University, etc normal 45% to 50% marks are required to directly apply or appear in there entrance exam.
31st May 2017, 01:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria the minimum percentage required to pursue BA LLB after passing 12th is 50% for general category students and 40% marks for reserved category. As you have secured only 48% marks in your 12th board exams so you are eligible to pursue this course only if you belong to reserved category.
If you are eligible then you have to appear in the entrance exam known as CLAT. Once you qualify the entrance exam then you will be called for counselling for admission purpose and duration of this course will be 5 years.
31st May 2017, 04:16 PM
isargie

Yes, you can apply for law schools. After 12th you need to appear foe entrance exams like CLAT( common Law Admission Test). The examination is helpful to take admission in various law schools across India, though their are some state level examinations also available.

In this exam, candidates logical reasoning, English knowledge, general knowledge,mathematical skill are checked.

Every correct answer allotted +1 mark and every wrong answer 1/4 mark is deducted from your total score.

After results been declared, student have to prepare preference list of college and fill it in online application form. Students are short listed and allotted colleges based on merit list.
31st May 2017, 04:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that being a Class 12th passed candidate and looking to pursue LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative law ) course then you are eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years.

Further having completed your Class 12th with 48% marks you are eligible for pursuing LLB course from National Law Universities (NLUs) and other private law colleges but not from Central Universities like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, etc. for which the minimum marks required in Class 12th is 50%.

Further to get admission in NLUs you need to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) held once every year. Also for appearing in the same examination you need to have completed your Class 12th with at least 45% marks ( 40% marks in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ) with your age lying within 20 years. Age relaxation of 2 years is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For more details about CLAT you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in.
31st May 2017, 04:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Law aspirants can get admission in Bachelor's degree in law through Common Law Admission Test.

Examination conducting authority: National Law University.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: 12th with minimum of 45% marks.

The percentage of marks relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidates.

You are eligible for Law course and its entrance exam after 48% in 12th.
31st May 2017, 05:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with 48% and looking to pursue LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ) course you are eligible for pursuing LLB degree course of five years from National Law University ( NLUs ).

Further for getting admission in NLUs you need to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) held once every year. Further for appearing in the same examination the minimum eligibility criteria required are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying under 20 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation of 2 years is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with at least 45% marks from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

For more details and updates regarding CLAT you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
31st May 2017, 06:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in Law courses you are eligible to pursue after 12th. B.A LLB is five year duration course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed senior secondary from a recognised board in any stream.

So, you are eligible but have to fulfill the admission criteria of admission which varies with university and even with colleges.

So, visit the official link of the college/university in which you want to get admission for detail information about it.

CLAT is Common Law Admission Test conducted for admission in National Law universities of India. You are eligible to appear for it. The official link is www.clat.ac.in.
31st May 2017, 08:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No you can't get admission in law college with 48% marks in your class 12th. you may get admission if you belong to any reserved category.
One can get admission to five year’s integrated LLB course through CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) after passing 12th. One needs to clear CLAT with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after 10+2 are following:-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 exam in any stream with a minimum of 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks from a recognized board.

-The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for open category and 22 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes legal aptitude, logical reasoning, English comprehension, General knowledge/ current affairs and elementary mathematics.

-The exam will consist of 200 multiple choice answer type questions and time allowed to answer the questions is two hour.
31st May 2017, 09:03 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue Law are as under:-

Candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized university.

Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.

Candidate upper age limit is not required.

Candidate can pursue from either regular mode or distance mode.
31st May 2017, 09:06 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having completed your Class 12th with just 48% marks you can pursue the LLB course from selected universities out of which the best option is the option of NLUs.

--> LLB refers to Bachelor of Legislative Law and same is a bachelor degree course after completing which you will head towards becoming a lawyer. Further on the basis of educational requirement and duration of course LLB courses are of two types which are as discussed below :-

* Type I ) LLB course of five years , for students who opts for same degree course after completing their Class 12th.

* Type II ) LLB course of three years, for students who opts for same degree course after completion of their bachelor degree course.

So having completed your Class 12th you are eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years and for admission NLUs ( National Law Universities ) you will need to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) which is held once every year.

--> Further the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CLAT are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying under 20 years. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category age relaxation of two years is applicable.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with in any discipline with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For more details about CLAT you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
31st May 2017, 09:23 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

You can study law after 48% marks in 12th.

Eligibility for LLB exam:

You should have completed 12th in any stream either it is science or commerce or arts.

Minimum percentage of marks required to apply for CLAT is 45%.
31st May 2017, 09:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You will be not eligible to pursue LLB ( 3 year ) course but is eligible for admission in 5 year B.A LLB course.

For B.A LLB course required minimum basic qualification is candidate must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognised board.

The minimum required aggregate to appear is not same for all the universities which conducts entrance examination.

Some of the universities or entrance examination are :-

BHU LAT.

CLAT - Minimum 45% in 12th and 40% for reserved category. Official link www.clat.ac.in.
31st May 2017, 10:02 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, for LAW course candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required in 12th class is 45%. The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination.

BEST ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

1. Common Law Admission Test

2. Kerala Law Entrance Examination

3. Law School Admission Test-India

4. NALSAR Entrance Test

As per your percentage of marks in 12th class, i think you are eligible to get admission in LAW course.
31st May 2017, 10:15 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to pursue Law course after successful completion of 12th Class with 48% marks. In order to pursue Law courses, there are two options left with you.

>> Through CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)

* The minimum percentage you must have secured in 12th Class is as follows
-- For SC/ ST Candidates - 40% marks
-- For All Other Candidates - 45% marks

>> Through State or Central based common admission tests

* In General, the minimum percentage required to appear in Entrance Examination of Law is 45% marks. But the minimum percentage required in generally varies from college to college or examination to examination.
31st May 2017, 10:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Those who wants to pursue Bachelor's degree in law from top law colleges of India must apply for Common Law Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for CLAT exam:

1. Higher secondary passed with at least 45% marks. It is 40% only for SC/ST candidates.

2. Upper age limit has been put on hold by High court.

With 48% marks, you can definitely apply for CLAT exam next year.

Official website of CLAT is http://www.clat.ac.in.
1st June 2017, 12:28 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

As per my knowledge you are not eligible to study Law because minimum percentage required to study Law is 50%. But if you belongs to reserved category then you can do this course as there is 5% of relaxation available for reserved candidates. Otherwise you have to complete your graduation first and after that you can give Common Law Admission Test(CLAT). Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?