29th October 2017, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take admission in biotechnology college with PCB and not maths?

Am I eligible to take admission in biotechnology college with PCB and not maths? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed for the same? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me on this soon as possible. Awaiting for the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is one is better to take between B.Tech Biotechnology and B.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. Eligibility for admission into B.Sc Biotechnology?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Sc(Biotechnology) course if secured 56.62% in 12th PCB? Procedure to get admission?
  4. What is the admission procedure followed for doing Bio Technology course in college? What is the cut-off required to join?
  5. Can I get admission in B.Tech Biotech after studying PCB stream without math? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology after completing class 12th (PCB and IP)? What is the procedure to get admission?
  7. Which combination of science subjects to take in order to be eligible for B.Tech Biotechnology from BITS Pilani?
  8. How to get admission into Biotechnology? What is the percentage criteria for admission into BSc Biotechnology?
  9. Is it necessary to take Maths with PCB for Biotechnology? What are the institutes offering the course in B.Tech?
  10. Admission in genetic engineering college in India after passing PCB and Maths? What is the procedure for it?
  11. Am I eligible for B.Sc Zoology after completing 42% in PCB?
  12. Can I do B.Tech in biotechnology without studying maths in 11th?
  13. Is Maths compulsory to get admission in Biotechnology? Which field of Biotechnology requires Mathematical knowledge?
  14. What is the requirement to do BSc Biotech after 12th
  15. Bachelor of Neuroscience, Bachelor of Neurology, Bachelor of Neurobiology and Bachelor of Biotechnology all these courses can be done after 12th PCB?
  16. How to get admission in B.Tech biotechnology at IIT or NIT?
  17. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  18. Eligibility to study BSc(Biotechnology) for 12th PCB candidate? -- [New]
30th October 2017, 08:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in biotechnology college with PCB and not maths?

Biotechnology is a four year duration course. Yes, you are eligible to get admission in course.

The eligibility to appear in examination for admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology or Mathematics as main subject.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination varies with institute. So, kindly visit official website of respective institute for detail procedure about admission.
30th October 2017, 08:17 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in biotechnology college with PCB and not maths?

1. If you are interested in getting admission in Bachelor's degree in Science in Biotechnology then without mathematics at 10+2, you are eligible for course B.Sc in Biotechnology. It requires that student should have studied PCB with or without mathematics.

2. But for admission in B.Tech Biotechnology, Mathematics is necessary at 12th level. Without mathematics at senior secondary level, you will not be eligible for the course.
30th October 2017, 09:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Biotechnology course. The course is of four year duration.

The examination is conducted by various institute for admission in specific course. The common eligibility to appear in entrance examination conducted by most of the institute is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology or Maths.

So, you can appear in examination even if you have completed your 12th with PCB.

The required minimum aggregate to appear in examination is 50% (varies with institutes).

If you want to get detail for admission in any specific institute then visit at official website of institute.
31st October 2017, 11:41 AM
Member+

The minimum eligibility for biotechnology course is 10+2 with PCB and maths as an optional subject, and you are eligible to take admission in biotechnology. You have to score a minimum of 50% marks in PCB subjects in 10+2 from any recognized board or university. Most of the Institutes takes entrance exam for admission in biotechnology. The course is of four year duration. so you are eligible to take admission in the said course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?