9th January 2012, 10:03 AM
manika25

Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam being a final year student of B.Tech in Computer Science?

i am b.tech computer science final year student. am i eligible for ugc net exam?

Related Questions:
9th January 2012, 01:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam being a final year student of B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manika25 View Post
i am b.tech computer science final year student. am i eligible for ugc net exam?

Sorry to sat that you are not applicable for NET exam.Because you have not completed Masters degree.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.

I have attached some question paper so please check it out.
4th April 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam being a final year student of B.Tech in Computer Science?

i hvnt clear one papar in m.a
after clearing that paper can i appl for the net exam
25th April 2012, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

i have mtech in IT ..so i can apply for net exam...please reply
8th October 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

sir...I am studying B.Tech final year...and seeking to attend for CSIR UGC NET...am I eligible or should have the degree in hand to apply..?
13th March 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i have cleared net exam held on june 2012. i have been applird through offline method. while trying to get the certificate, the account says that there is some problem. i was final year student when i wrote net xam. and when the resut came , i have failed in a subject. do i get Net?
14th March 2013, 12:02 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The National Eligibility Test is conducted for Junior Research Fellowship and College lectureship. In both the cases the candidate applying should have a master degree to appear for National Eligibility Test.

Since you are currently completing graduation, I am afraid that you are not eligible for the National Eligibility Test. To apply for the NET entrance exam you will have to complete Master of Technology, or any other post graduation course such as MCA, MBA etc.

Till that time you are not eligible for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission. You should firstly complete the graduation and if interested in further studies, M.Tech would be perfect option. To apply for the M.Tech course, you will have to first clear the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE).

Only after completing M.Tech, you should consider about doing National Eligibility Test. If you have scored 60 percent or above marks, may I suggest applying for the job in Public Sector Undertaking after completing the graduation, in case you are not interested in further studies.

NET Eligibility

1. Post graduation degree is important to appear for NET.

2. At least 55 percent marks are required in PG.

3. SC and ST need 50 percent marks.

4. During final year of PG, you are allowed to participate in NET.

5. Your subject for NET should be related to PG course.

6. The JRF age limit is 28 years.

7. No age limit for lectureship.
14th March 2013, 09:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

UGC NET stands for the University grants Commission National Eligibility test.It is one of the most important entrance examination for the candidates who want to be lecturer in good government colleges.

This examination is conducted twice every year by the UGC .

The least academic qualifications required for this examination is master's degree in any discipline from a university that has been recognized by the UGC.Even when you are in final year of your post graduation course then also you are eligible for the UGC NET exams.

Friend,since you are in final year of bachelor's degree in engineering,so you are not eligible to give the NET exams.First you have to complete your master's degree in any stream with at least 55% marks in it.5% relaxation in marks will be given to you if you are from sc/st category.

The minimum age limit to be eligible for the NET exam is 21 years .The upper limit for the JRF (Junior research Fellowship ) is 28 years and for the Lectureship there is no upper age limit .

For any other details ,you may visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
15th March 2013, 01:29 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Manika,

The acronym For UGC is University Grants Commission.

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Sorry, you are not eligible for the NET examination.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation from any recognized university with 55% marks.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs for JRF;
No age bar for Lectureship.

So, first of all, you complete your post-graduation, then you can be eligible for the NET examination.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
27th February 2015, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Am studying be.mechanical engineering sir
..there is any courses like csir -ugc for students like me????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?