12th September 2012, 05:04 PM

Am I eligible for NET and SLET Exams after completion of MBA course from IGNOU?

will i be eligible for net or slet exam after completed mba from ignou?

12th September 2012, 08:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET and SLET Exams after completion of MBA course from IGNOU?

Yes you would be eligible for both NET and SET exam once you have passed the post graduation course with necessary marks to appear for the exams. It does not matter if you have completed post graduation from IGNOU.

I have mentioned it in other posts as well that whether you complete post graduation in regular or correspondence mode is not an issue when applying for the National Eligibility Test as long as your college is recognized by the University Grants Commission. For your information, Indira Gandhi National Open University is recognized by the UGC, therefore there is no such issue.

You can appear for National Eligibilty Test which is central level exam and the SET exam for any state. If you passed the NET Exam then you would be eligible for lecturer job in central government funded colleges similarly SET passed candidates would get job in state government colleges.

The next NET Exam would take place in December. If interested in applying then you should start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. Normally it takes around 4-6 months to prepare for the NET Exam. Any timeframe shorter than this would mean that you would be putting too much pressure on yourself.

Eligibility

You should have post graduation degree which would be MBA in your case.

You must have scored 55 percent marks in MBA.

If belongs to SC/ST then you need at least 50 percent marks in MBA.

There is no age limit for Lectureship.

Similarly there is no limit on number of attempts, therefore even if you failed to qualify in first attempt, don't feel disappointed.

You don't have to wait till completing the MBA to apply for NET. You can also apply for NET exam during the final year of MBA.

The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

However there is relaxation in upper age for OBC (3 years) and SC/ST (5 years).
13th September 2012, 12:04 AM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET and SLET Exams after completion of MBA course from IGNOU?

dear,

the eligibility for net exam:

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:

you have to clear your post graduation degree with at lest 55%

part time jobs are not eligible for net exam

there is no age limit for applying for this exam

final year cadets of pg are also eligible

ugc-net exam consist of 3 papers:

paper 1: general studies

paper 2: optional paper

paper3ptional paper

first 2 are objective while third is descriptive type

good luck
19th September 2012, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I graduated in Political Science (Honors) and then pursued an MBA in marketing. I am keen to take up the NET exam. My query is : Am I eligible to take up the NET exam in only Management or can I take the test in Political Science. As I am more keen to pursue a career in Political Science. Also, If I need to be a masters in Political Science (to take up the test in the said subject) can I pursue M.A in distant education through Sikkim Manipal University?? Is it recognized by UGC.

Kindly revert. Eagerly waiting for the esteemed response.
Thanks
7th June 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
will i be eligible for net or slet exam after completed mba from ignou?
yes..u will be eligible to sit for NET.I have a friend of mine who had completed her M.A in pol.sc from ignou,she hs cleared her NET,JRF in da said subject and is currently pursuing Phd from a reputed institute in delhi.So dont worry n go ahead wd it.ol da best.Hope dt helped u.!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?