7th October 2011, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I medically fit to join Army with a eye sight of 1.5 (Right) and 2 (Left)?

I want to join army but my eye site is -1.5(R),-2(L) can I am madically fit for any entry like engg. ,cds or any oother entry plz tell me.

4th November 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I medically fit to join Army with a eye sight of 1.5 (Right) and 2 (Left)?

Can I join NDA as my right eye is having optic nerve atropy and left eye is normal.
23rd March 2014, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I medically fit to join Army with a eye sight of 1.5 (Right) and 2 (Left)?

Iam having right sight 1.70 and in left 0.5 am I eligible for ssb selection
14th April 2015, 02:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join army but my eye site is -1.5(R),-2(L) can I am madically fit for any entry like engg. ,cds or any oother entry plz tell me.
As per eye-sight criteria, you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Eye sight for Indian Army =
  1. Uncorrected without glass – 6/12
  2. Corrected with glass – 6/6
  3. Limits of Myopia – 3.5
  4. Limits of Hypermetropia – +2.5
  5. Binocular vision III
  6. Limits of Colour Perception I
Eye sight for Indian Navy =
  1. Uncorrected without glass: 6/6
  2. Corrected with glass: 6/6
  3. Limits of Myopia: -0.75
  4. Limits of Hypermetropia: +1.5
  5. Limits of Colour Perception: I
  6. Binocular Vision: III
Eye sight for Indian Air force =
  1. Minimum distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other
  2. Correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia
  3. Colour vision CP-I
  4. Hypermetropia = + 2.0 D Sph
  5. Manifest Myopia = Nil
15th April 2015, 07:44 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

It is true that it is desired from the candidate that he must have good eye sight. As a general rule, it is required that candidate must have eye sight of 6/6 in good eye and 6/12 in worse eye. But the degree/level of error in your eye sight mentioned in your query is under the permissible limit. You do not have to worry over it. There is no any doubt over your candidature in terms of your vision.

As far as the minor weakness in your eye sight is concerned, you may go for improving your vision in a natural way or through yoga or through ayurveda.

You should try to improve your eye sight naturally. You can use some herbs such as Emblica Officinalis, Triphala etc which are useful in improving eye sight if used for long time continously after taking cnsultation of any ayurvedic doctor. There are certain Yogic Postures and Pranayams which directly improves the eye sight.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?