25th March 2015, 01:34 AM
Pooja.K.Kulkarni

Astrophysics in ISRO

Hello... I wished to become a scientist or study astrophysics & work in ISRO since Im passionate about the subject & always show lots of interest in knowing much about space etc.. I am studying BCA(Bachelor of computer applications) 2nd year . I just wanted to know is there any course that I can join ISRO work there and dedicate my self to the research organisation.. Thank you.. :-)

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to become a Scientist in ISRO for B.Sc(Astrophysics) graduate?
  2. Is there opportunity to do MSc in Astrophysics in ISRO?
  3. How to join ISRO after passing BSc? I want to do MSc in Astrophysics or Astronomy
  4. Which job can I get after completing masters in Astrophysics? Can I get a job in NASA or ISRO
  5. How to pursue career in Astrophysics after doing B.E in Electronics and Communication branch
  6. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  7. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  8. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  9. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?
  10. Need guidance to join ISRO and pursue career after graduation with B.Sc Physics. -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Does Osmania University offer M.Sc. in Astrophysics? Can I do this course after B.Tech.?
  12. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  13. How to make a career in space research after B.E?
  14. Will I get an opportunity to do M.Sc in Astrophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physical Science?
  15. Is ISRO offering degree course in physics or astrophysics or Maths? How can I join it? Is there any entrance test for that?
  16. What are the career opportunities in Astrophysics? Which are the colleges offering Astrophysics in Kerala?
  17. Which are the colleges in India offering the course in Astrophysics? What should I do in order to opt for Astrophysics?
  18. Can I join MSc Astrophysics and join indian Institute of Astrophysics
25th March 2015, 08:04 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Astrophysics in ISRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja.K.Kulkarni View Post
Hello... I wished to become a scientist or study astrophysics & work in ISRO since Im passionate about the subject & always show lots of interest in knowing much about space etc.. I am studying BCA(Bachelor of computer applications) 2nd year . I just wanted to know is there any course that I can join ISRO work there and dedicate my self to the research organisation.. Thank you.. :-)

You need to apply for ISAT exam to join Astrophysics in IIST.

After completing the course, you will be directly recruited to work in ISRO.

Eligibility criteria for ISAT :-

You must have done 12th class from PCM stream with atleast 60% marks from recognized Indian institution.

You age must be atleast 17.

You should be Indian national.

Courses Offered at IIST:

B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering

B.Tech in Avionics

B.Tech in Physical Sciences

Application fee for ISAT exam:-

For OBC and general :- Rs.600

For SC/ST/PWD :- Rs.300

For more details:- www.iist.ac.in/
26th March 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Need guidance to join ISRO after completing Bsc Mathematics..
3rd May 2016, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after ssc examination to become a researcher in isro?
12th July 2019, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing btech in biotechnology. I have PCB and I scored 85%
Can I pursue masters in astrophysics or astrobiology and can I work in ISRO?
Please tell all the possibilities.
14th February 2021, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Bsc (MPCs) in 2020. I want to join in isro as a scientist. What I have to do to join in isro? Please let me know.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?