12th September 2012, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Is B.E degree necessary to become a flying officer?

i completed B.A may i become flying officer or this is only for B.E and diploma students pls tell me i m wating

6th October 2012, 12:02 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.E degree necessary to become a flying officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed B.A may i become flying officer or this is only for B.E and diploma students pls tell me i m wating
It is good to see that you are Interested to Become Flying Officer in Indian Air force and it is not necessary that only BE Candidates are eligible for Flying Branch, You are also eligible for this Branch only if you have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects.

You can apply for Flying branch through AFCAT Examination and CDS Examination.

To apply for both these examination, you have to complete your graduation from a recognised University and must have completed intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects. If you have fulfill the given eligibility then you are eligible for Flying Branch.

Your age should between 19 to 23 years to apply for IAF Flying Branch.

The Notification Published twice in a year and eligible candidates may fill the application form online. The selection is based on written test and SSB interview including Pilot Battery Aptitude test. The examination is objective and if you cracked the examination then you are eligible for SSB and the PBAT and after Medical.

Those who completed these stages successfully are eligible for Training.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply only if you are fulfill the Eligibility Criteria, for more details visit the IAF website.

6th October 2012, 03:29 AM
sushildhaker

Default Re: Is B.E degree necessary to become a flying officer?

Eligibility for flying branch in indian airforce is-

1 graduation in any field and 12th with maths and physics as compulsory subjects.

2 BE/B.tech in any branch of engineering from any recognized university.

3 age-19 to 23 years

4 nationality-Indian national only

5 unmarried male candidates only.

notification is released every year in the month of January and October..

thus BE degree in not necessary to join flying branch in indian airforce.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?