13th May 2017, 11:43 PM
Mohammed saquib mba

Is B.Ed. necessary to become a school teacher even if I have an MBA degree?

I have completed mba in marketing. Wanted to be a teacher in l.p school or high school. Is it necessary that I have to do b.ed or any other course. Beside am 31 years age right now

Related Questions:
  1. Is MBA graduates eligible to teach Accounts in High school?
  2. Can a full time teacher of a secondary school having M.Ph Ed degree do Ph D from Kalyani University? Is it possible for a teacher to do the course without attending regular classes? Scope of doing Ph.D degree in distance?
  3. Is it possible to do Ph.D and B.Ed simultaneously? What is the eligibility criteria required for it?
  4. Available Job Opportunities for me in Oman being a candidate having completed MBA in Marketing and worked as Teacher for 6 months?
  5. Can a full time teacher of a secondary school having M.Ph Ed degree do Ph D from Kalyani University?Is it possible for a teacher to do the course without attending regular classes? Is there any scope of doing Ph.D degree in distance mode?
  6. Is B.Ed degree must for Work Education Teacher?
  7. Which MBA school I can apply for the course while am working as a teacher?
  8. Is Shiksha Visharad equivalent to B.Ed degree? In which states this degree is recognized? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the eligibility criteria to become a school teacher in Madhya Pradesh?
  10. Can I become a maths teacher in CBSE school after scoring 39% in degree in commerce, 53% in Mathematics and 64% in B.ed?
  11. Is it good idea to change from MBA to M.Com Marketing in Australia?
  12. Can B.Ed. students apply for Primary Teacher posts in Government School of Delhi?
  13. Teaching job after passing 12th this year
  14. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?
  15. What is the procedure to follow to become a school teacher after completion of B.Tech degree?
  16. Is there any suitable place for me to join as principal/vice principal after studying M.A in History, B.Ed and MBA marketing?
  17. Career option after MBA(marketing) and B.Pharma?
  18. Which post graduation course I need to take after B.Com Computer Science to become a lecturer?
14th May 2017, 02:26 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed. necessary to become a school teacher even if I have an MBA degree?

Yes, only master degree qualification is not sufficient to become teacher in government schools.

To become teacher candidates have to appear and qualify in CTET or TET examination. The basic eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline with D.Ed/B.Ed qualification.

So, you have to pursue B.Ed course to appear for entrance examination and qualify in examination ( CTET/TET ) for recruitment as teacher.
14th May 2017, 08:54 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed. necessary to become a school teacher even if I have an MBA degree?

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is a professional degree course required by those who are interested in making their career as a teacher as the course deals about the basics of teaching.

So as far as you are concerned about becoming school teacher without B.Ed then it is not possible as B.Ed degree teaches the basics of teaching which is required for becoming a teacher.

Further if you complete your B.Ed degree then also to be a teacher in government school you will need to qualify TET ( Teacher Eligibility Test ) like CTET and State TET
14th May 2017, 12:31 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Ed is necessary to become a school teacher even if mba in marketing degree.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education which is required for teacher.

You have to also clear Teacher eligibility Test to become Teacher.

Therefore search for best college to to B.ed in good marks.
14th May 2017, 02:46 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

For being a government teacher B.Ed is compulsory but as you mentioned that you want to become a teacher in Indraprastha School then you should contact the higher authorities of this school because in most of the private school B.Ed is not necessary for being a teacher. Thanks
15th May 2017, 11:31 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to secure your future in Teaching sector then B.Ed is compulsory. You can pursue B.Ed from either Regular or Distance mode.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their graduation from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 45 percent in their graduation.
Candidate age is not limit to pursue B.Ed.
15th May 2017, 11:42 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

It does not matter whether you have MBA or MCA, to become school teacher, Bachelor of Education is necessary.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree with at least 50 %.

You can pursue B.Ed from IGNOU, Sikkim Manipal University, Delhi University etc.
15th May 2017, 05:10 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you want to get the job of teacher in a government school you must have either of Diploma in Education or Bachelor in Education degree.

For recruitment of teacher in schools of central government CBSE conducted CTET entrance examination while for recruitment in state government schools candidates have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by respective state government.

For any information about CTET examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th May 2017, 09:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Education is necessary to become school teacher even if you have done Master of Business Administration in marketing.

You will have to pursue Bachelor of Education for becoming school teacher. You can apply for B.Ed course at age of 31 years.

Graduates with 50% marks or more can apply for B.Ed entrance examination.
16th May 2017, 12:48 AM
ranu shahi

Yes, you have to do B.Ed if you want to take a job in government high school and also in CBSE schools. But in normal private school you can get job of teacher without any degree of B.Ed.
28th June 2022, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

If Completing Mba Hr, will able to relate with b. Ed?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?