18th July 2013, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

How should i prepare for IPS? Books to be referred?

how could we prepare for ips ? and what should be the eligiblity and how çan we maintain our body fitness? which books we want to read?

Related Questions:
  1. Books to be referred for IPS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for IPS exam? Books to be referred?
  3. How should I prepare for IPS exam? Books to be referred?
  4. How can I become an IPS officer after doing BCA in 2nd year? Books to be referred for IPS? -- [New]
  5. How to prepare for IPS Exam? Am I eligible to appear for this Exam after completion of B.Tech course? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?
  6. How to prepare for IAS and IPS exam? Books to be referred to prepare?
  7. Required books to prepare for IPS exam? Physical requirements for IPS? Which books are to be referred during CID examination? What are the physical requirements for CID?
  8. How to become an IPS officer? Which books are to be referred? I am a B.E 1st year student
  9. How to prepare for Civil Services? Books to be referred?
  10. Which books to prepare for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam?
  11. How to become an IPS officer after doing civil engineering? Books to be referred?
  12. Date of application for IPS entrance exam? In which month the exam will be held? How to prepare for the exam and which books to be referred?
  13. Books which are the best for IPS exam preparation?
  14. How to become an IPS officer? Previous 5 years question papers? Books to be referred to prepare for the test?
  15. When to get application forms for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? Reference books to prepare for IPS Exam?
  16. How to become an IPS officer? Which are the coaching institutes? Books to be referred?
  17. How to prepare for IAS or IPS exam? Books to be referred for this?
  18. Previous five year question for IPS Exam? Books to be referred for IPS examination?
1st July 2014, 04:48 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should i prepare for IPS? Books to be referred?

1. The IPS exam covers two parts, Preliminary and the Mains. Preliminary Examination have objective type questions and Mains have subjective type questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Police Service exams conducted by UPSC. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 30years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of five years as per the government norms. Candidates should be prepared thoroughly in Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, DI/DS, Reasoning Ability and General Awareness. One can write the exam in either Englsh or Hindi medium. Preliminary will comprise of two papers of general studies paper of 150 marks and CSAT. The Mains will comprise of
• Paper I – any Indian language – 300 marks
• Paper II – English –300 marks
• Paper III – Essay- 200 marks
• Paper IV&V - General Studies - 300 marks
• Paper VI-IX - Any two optional subjects – Each paper of 300 marks
As far as the preparation is concerned, candidates should read newspapers, journals and watch news reports. The books that you should refer are UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam General Studies and Upkars UPSC Central Police Forces Assistant Commandants.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?