6th February 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Is there any minimum percentage requirement to get a government job? Is it necessary to have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th?

whether there is any percentage limit to get government job i.e percentage of 10th and 12th class should be above 60%
send details on my email id..

Related Questions:
11th March 2012, 09:23 PM
vaibhvi

Default Re: Is there any minimum percentage requirement to get a government job? Is it necessary to have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th?

No it is not necessary to have above 60% marks to get any govt job.
Basically it's depends on the type of job like usually in bank po exam
the requirement is have 60% in Intermediate but now days usually if you have graduation
then there is no requirement of %.But normally in many exams the requirements of % is 50% for general candidate.
11th March 2012, 10:33 PM
venkatadrir

Default Re: Is there any minimum percentage requirement to get a government job? Is it necessary to have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
whether there is any percentage limit to get government job i.e percentage of 10th and 12th class should be above 60%
send details on my email id..
in general there is no minimum percentage for tenth and 12th class students to get government jobs but in some government jobs there is certain percentage limit to gain the job. but all pass is compulsory qualification required
11th March 2012, 10:35 PM
simmi9044

Dear friend
Their is not any specific
percentage for government jobs.
The percentage required for
every government jobs or
post may differ from each other.
The percentage is also depend
upon the the category to which
the candidates
belongs. but generally the
candidates with atleast 60 %
(may vary) marks can apply for
government jobsso before
applying to any post you should
read and understand the
eligibility criteria
12th March 2012, 01:44 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To apply for a govt. job or any kind of private job in a renounced company , you have to mention the percentage of marks you have secured in 10th and 12th class.

Because 10th and 12th class are the base for your future career.
So, it is necessary to have good percentage in 10th and 12th class.
That's why they ask about your 10th and 12th class percentage..

Most of the public sector unit's have mentioned 60% aggregate throughout the career.
It includes 10th and 12th class also...

So, if you don't have 60% aggregate in 10th and 12th class then sorry to say you that you will not be able to apply for those public sectors...

All the best.
6th May 2012, 02:10 PM
samrat2512

Hi aspirant,
Different government jobs have different demand for the percentage.Some even doesn't ask for percentage.Let me tell you about government banks.In government banks for the post of PO & IT officer some ask for 60% & some just graduate.In banks after graduation you can apply for PO exam as well as IT & Technical officer.Banks like SBI & IBPS don't ask for any percentage.They just want graduation.But other banks ask for percentage.So,better to score 60% or above.
Other government exams like Combined graduate level,Civil Service,Indian Engineering service,Indian Forest service these exams conducted by SSC & UPSC demands for graduation only.No percentage is required.But if you want to apply is Defence like Air force,Navy & Army then demand for not less than 60%.Even you want to apply in government companies or research centre they will demand for 60%-65%.If you want to be scientist then you will have to score 60% in graduation.

Best of Luck…
6th May 2012, 08:16 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

I think your ambition is get a government job, but you are not mentioned your educational qualification if you mentioned your education details i can tell the details according to your qualification.

Some of the government sector jobs like bank clerk exams requires the percentage i.e 50% marks.
But in some sectors they don't need percentage requirements, according to the type of the job, requirements are there to getting job.

Best of luck
8th May 2012, 09:04 PM
indu_sarabhai

My friend be serious about your future is a good Sign. So First Clear your Goal of Life than do for that Goal.
1. If you want to Become a Doctor in future you must choose Biology stream in for Higher Study.
2.If you want to become an Engineer than you should choose maths Stream in Higher Study.
3. You can also join ITI Institute after 10th in the branch as you like most.
4.If You want to go in Civil Cervices than you can choose any stream for higher Study after Higher Secondary and Graduation in any stream you will be eligible for Civil Service Exam.
So prepare yourself perfect for future needs. BEST OF LUCK

you have so many options to do after 10th
you can choose anyone stream from science,commerce,arts
[COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]if you are opting for science then you will have to choose one from maths or bio,maths for engineering and bio for medical line
if you are opting for commerce then you can become a CA or CS
if you take arts then you have a option to become an IAS or IPS [/COLOR]
so just see in which subject and occupation you are interested opt for that
all the best
22nd May 2012, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

How to do free agricultural course.?i am completed intermediate .
17th February 2014, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

hi actually my ssc is cmplt in 2005 but i hav sm prbls to finished in 2007 nd my total mraks in ssc 301 so i can apply gor govt jobs it is possible nd recently i hav seen notifications in forest department so i can apply for this job or knw plz mentioned me cearly
thank you.
17th February 2014, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

hi actually my ssc is cmplt in 2005 but i hav sm prbls to finished in 2007 nd my total mraks in ssc 301 so i can apply gor govt jobs it is possible nd recently i hav seen notifications in forest department so i can apply for this job or knw plz mentioned me cearly
thank you.
5th December 2019, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

hii actually i have completed my 10th in 2009 with less percentage 44% so is there any chance for being selected in gds ? As i having my sc caste sertificate and also mscit govt certificate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?