9th August 2015, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to choose after 10th for IAS? Can i aspire for IAS after taking commerce in 11th?

Which stream is best to choose after 10th for IAS? Can i aspire for IAS after taking commerce in 11th?

9th August 2015, 07:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is best to choose after 10th for IAS? Can i aspire for IAS after taking commerce in 11th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 10th standard, you can choose commerce subject to become a IAS officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2015, 08:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is best to choose after 10th for IAS? Can i aspire for IAS after taking commerce in 11th?

Yes, you can aspire for IAS after taking Commerce in 11th standard. You can opt for any stream in 11th standard in which you are interested. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in IAS examination is completion of Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. So, you can pursue your higher studies in any stream in which you are interested and you can appear in IAS examination.
9th August 2015, 09:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become every year about 10-12 lacs candidates appear in the Civil Services examination to complete the examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Since the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years and +3 for the OBC and +5 for the SC/ST in the upper age limit.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination being the commerce stream student. But the examination is not easy so you have to work hard to qualify in the examination. The examination is conducted in the three stages.

Even you are select the optional paper other than the discipline of the graduation but it is necessary to be the expert of particular paper to qualify in the examination. So you must start the preparation for the examination from now mainly on the current affairs and the English.
9th August 2015, 11:18 PM
newmoon06

For IAS you can opt any stream in class 11th. You must have a Bachelor's degree with any stream.

Eligibility criteria for IAS-
Educational Qualification-
A candidate who must completed his graduation or those who are in final year may also apply.

Number of attempts and Age Limit-
For General Candidates the age limit is 32 years and the number of attempts is 6.

For OBC the number of attempts is 9 and age limit is 35 years.

For SC/ST the age limit is 37 years and while number of attempts is unlimited.
So, you can opt Commerce stream in class 11th if you want to opt.
10th August 2015, 01:13 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can choose any degree as per your interest. The main eligibility is graduation for pursuing IAS. One can study commerce or science or engineering in graduation. You have prepare well for the IAS preliminary examination. so you can choose commerce in 11th.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
10th August 2015, 11:47 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts IAS examination every year.
It is one the toughest examination conducted in India.

Eligibility to appear in IAS examination are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India.
-Candidate must have passed graduation degree in any disciple from a recognized university.
-Candidate must be of age 21-30 years and 5 years relaxation for reserved category.

So, the stream in 11th and 12th and also in graduation does not matter in IAS examination.
You should choose the stream and subject according to your interest and strength as no subject can be easy in forth coming time .
All the subject need lots of labor to score good marks and if you choose the subjects according to your interest then it will be a bit easier for you to score good marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?