30th December 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Best time to start coaching for CAT exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student

i am 3rd yr engg. student so which is the best time for me to start coaching for cat examination..????,, please help me out..

31st December 2011, 11:42 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Best time to start coaching for CAT exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 3rd yr engg. student so which is the best time for me to start coaching for cat examination..????,, please help me out..

BEST TIME TO START FOR CAT EXAM PREPARATION

Off course, 3rd year is the right time to start for CAT preparation if you ask me I ll tell you that you have missed one year because it must been really good if you had started it from 2nd year..no problem now... just put your hard work for 2 years to come then for sure you will clear the exam..

-> To know some tips to prepare for CAT exam, check out my post CLICK HERE!!!

-> There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the exam.. try to buy those books and prepare for the exam daily by spending some valuable time...

-> I have attached the syllabus for CAT exam in this post for your reference.. try to find out the pattern of the exam and prepare for the questions accordingly...

-> To know more about CAT exam online CLICK HERE!!!

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum...

Quote:
"Work while it is called today, for you know not how much you will be hindered tomorrow. One today is worth two tomorrow's; never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sections in CAT.pdf(9.2 KB, 256 views)
File Type: pdf CAT2011PracticalGuide.pdf(468.4 KB, 242 views)
File Type: pdf CAT syllabus.pdf(19.3 KB, 265 views)
31st December 2011, 03:43 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best time to start coaching for CAT exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student

dear friend,
As you are pursuing B.tech course and you are in 3rd year now, then it is the wright time to start the preparation for CAT exam.
When you will be in final year of B.tech course then you will be able to apply for CAT exam.
CAT is conducted by IIM's every year.

It is one of the toughest exam in the world..

So, to crack the exam you have to work hard and must be determine..

You have to be well in English and maths to crack the exam.

Also you can take coaching classes to prepare for the exam.

So, go for it..

All the best.
31st December 2011, 04:30 PM
anlakshmi

Default Re: Best time to start coaching for CAT exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student

Yes, it is the right time to start for CAT preparation.you can do hard work in 2 years and you will clear the exam.

There are many books are avilable in the market and those books are help you to prepare for the CAT Examination.
31st December 2011, 06:08 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Cracking the Common Admissions Test (CAT) or for that matter any other top B School Entrance Test is not as much a function of hard work as it is a function of smart work.And One should accomplish this task as early as He gets matured as if the entry time is good then Obviously their Exit time will provide them a fruitful result.

As you are in the 3rd Year of Engineering so You must start preparing for it now so that the topics of your 3rd year syllabus can be prepared well.

Some tips to crack Cat is as under-

1. The essential factor is speed so practice daily for 5 hrs to crack the test.

2. One has to time every single practice test and continuously improve the timing.

3. For the non-quantitative part, plenty of reading is a must. Specially the editorials of major news papers. This is where good vocabulary is used. Also the editor writes about current issues, which helps the reader stay on top of the happenings.

One important aspect: Nobody can crack the complete paper in the given time. So pick-up areas that you are good at and build your speed.
31st December 2011, 07:23 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
The best time for CAT exam preparation is in final year of your course .
That you can say in final year engineering course or Any stream of graduation level .

I am providing you the details of CAT exam.......

Good luck............
31st December 2011, 07:24 PM
surekha_katreddy

Thumbs up Re: Best time to start coaching for CAT exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAT is a tough exam to tackle with.It needs ample preparation.So the best time to start with is from the 3rd year of graduation.

Try to approach a good coaching center.
TIME is a reputed coaching center for CAT preparation.
The cost of coaching is around 23,000
So better approach your nearest coaching center as soon as possible.

Good luck
31st December 2011, 07:37 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: Best time to start coaching for CAT exam? I am a 3rd year engineering student

Hello Friend,

3rd Year also best time for start Coaching for CAT.

Tips For Crack the CAT Exam :

2. One has to time every single practice test and continuously improve the timing.

3. For the non-quantitative part, plenty of reading is a must. Specially the editorials of major news papers. This is where good vocabulary is used. Also the editor writes about current issues, which helps the reader stay on top of the happenings.

If you have full ability and Knowledge then you will definately Crack Exam

Best Of Luck
......Sayyed Shahrukh
31st December 2011, 09:43 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
CAT exam is conducted to admit the aspirants to the masters degree in business administration . The eligibility required for appearing in the exam is a bachelor degree from a recognised university. You can appear in the exam in the final year also.
So the right time to start the preparation is third year for engineers and second year for other degree holder. The exam tests the knowledge me the aspirant in english communication, general awareness.
You can start preparing at the same time concentrate in your studies too. With the CAT score you can apply for the course. The aspirants are selected to the IIM by the score followed by the group discussion and personnel interview. The competition is high because of its reputation
19th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

i m in 1st year of graduation (banking and insurance) ... i want to do mba in finance.. what is the right time to start studing for cat exams?
31st January 2012, 01:09 AM
swati_forum

dear friend,
As you are pursuing B.tech course and you are in 3rd year now, then it is the wright time to start the preparation for CAT exam.
When you will be in final year of B.tech course then you will be able to apply for CAT exam.
CAT is conducted by IIM's every year.

It is one of the toughest exam in the world..

So, to crack the exam you have to work hard and must be determine..

You have to be well in English and maths to crack the exam.

Also you can take coaching classes to prepare for the exam.

So, go for it..

All the best.
20th May 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

i have cvompleted btech 3rd year can i start cat preparation from now i have scored 60% can i eligeble for cat entance? suggest me some tips to score best rank in cat?
26th May 2012, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

the cat xam will be in the november.i completed my 3rd year btech in may month.i want to join on may 30th in time institute.so is this time enough or not?
31st May 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

when does coaching start in various institutes(just finished 2nd year (engg) and vacations are on)?
preferably TIME , career launcher
11th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I just now pass my bcom 1st yr and i want to know for me what will be the best time taking coaching of cat exam
11th July 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

i am 2nd year be student. i have a plan to first take up my be degree and then take a drop of a year to prepare for the cat examination. do you think i am right with my decision?
31st July 2012, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

I am btech 3rd yr student & i want to start preperation for CAT & there is only TIME's centre here but the faculty is not gud & batches are also small so i m really confused whether i should join it or not....what can b my other options??? plz suggest.
27th September 2012, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

hey gyzz m in second year BCOM so wts d rit tym fr me to start d MBA coachings.. plzzzz help me out...
17th December 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

I am in the First Year of BE(Electronics) from Mumbai University. Which is the best time to start preparing for CAT? I am preferably going to take up a job after completing Engg. So can anyone genuinely reply as to when will be the best time to start preparation. Also, which coaching centres are good for CAT preparation?
13th February 2013, 02:39 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Cracking the Common Admissions Test (CAT) or for that matter any other top B School Entrance Test is not as much a function of hard work as it is a function of smart work.And One should accomplish this task as early as He gets matured as if the entry time is good then Obviously their Exit time will provide them a fruitful result.

As you are in the 3rd Year of Engineering so You must start preparing for it now so that the topics of your 3rd year syllabus can be prepared well.

Some tips to crack Cat is as under-

One important aspect: Nobody can crack the complete paper in the given time. So pick-up areas that you are good at and build your speed.
13th March 2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

i did my graduation and masters in CSE and i am into teaching field right now...can i get an admission into any top B-school if i crack CAT exam...as i am choosing a different field...
29th April 2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

I'am 1st yr student of b.com,best time to start coaching for cat exam
26th March 2014, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Iam 1st year b.com student which is the right time to start to go cat classes
26th March 2014, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Iam 1st year b.com student which is the right time to start to go cat classes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?