23rd April 2013, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Is Biology compulsory if I get selected from IIT rankers list?

Is biology compulsory if get selected from iit rankers list?

Related Questions:
  1. Last years GATE rankers list?
  2. List of the colleges in India offering admission in B.Tech Biotechnology with Maths and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th?
  3. Syllabus for SA stream in KVPY?
  4. Any chance to be selected in IIT and NIT after scoring 45/100
  5. How may I know my current position if my name exist as the selected candidate in teacher's selected list?
  6. Preparation books for IIT JEE? Is RD Sharma sufficient to crack IIT? Best books for PCM?
  7. Is it advisable for me to opt for biotechnology after scoring 67% in SSC? Is Biology and Maths compulsory for all institutions?
  8. Having Biology in 10+2 is necessary for pursuing Genetics Engineering? -- [New]
  9. What should I do to get selected in IIT exam while in 12th?
  10. How many seats are available in NITs this year? Upto how much rank could an OC student expect a seat in NIT?
  11. Can I get admission in IISER through 12th board exams? Is Mathematics compulsory?
  12. Is it compulsory to have Biology as your subjects in 12th to do genetic engineering?
  13. How to get selected in IIT after passing 11th? Which books should I refer for Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
  14. In 12th which subjects are compulsory for taking admission for BSc Agriculture
  15. Model question papers of Intermediate 1st year? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which one is better either Biotechnology or Biomedical for M.Sc+Ph.D dual degree programme if interested in Research in Frontier areas of Modern Biology?
  17. Which group will I get after scoring 9092 rank in Manipal entrance exam?
  18. Is Maths necessary for Genetic Engineering? What is the alternative to it?
9th June 2015, 06:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Biology compulsory if I get selected from IIT rankers list?

No Biology is not compulsory for being selected in the IIT or any other engineering college for the engineering course.

The minimum educational qualification for pursuing the engineering course from any university approved by the AICTE is a senior secondary degree with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board with atleast 50% aggregate in each of the mentioned subject.

But to be selected for the IIT you must secure aggregate so that you must lie within the top 20 percentile students of your respective board examination and this percentage aggregate is different for different boards and varies for each academic years as per the overall performance of the students vary.

For more knowledge of this percentage cutoff for your board log on to the official link of your respective board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?