29th September 2016, 06:48 AM
Unregistered

Which board is good for class 10th?

I am in tenth class and I am confused which board I should take board or home board which would be best for me. Please give me answers in the basis of opportunities?

29th September 2016, 08:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is good for class 10th?

As, now you are in 10th std you are not eligible to get admission in 10th std in any another board.

So, it is mandatory for you to pursue from same board.

So, do not become tensed or worried candidates passed from any recognised board are eligible for higher studies and almost all the state as well as central board same syllabus for board examination.

If you want to change your board you can after 10th from a recognised board.
29th September 2016, 08:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You need to appear in your respective board examination to which board your school was affiliated. For example, if you are pursuing 10th standard from CBSE Board, you need to appear in CBSE board examination or if you are pursuing 10th standard from State Board, you have to appear in State board examination. Since, you are pursuing 10th standard right now, you might know under which board you are studying, if you don't know, you can contact your school office and you can apply for respective board examination.
29th September 2016, 08:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Personally I would like to suggest you to complete your class 10th with CBSE board because now a days it has more value in our country. Otherwise if you want to complete it with your state board then also it is very good just need to remember that make your concept clear and score good marks.
Moreover it is beneficial if you choose board exam in comparison to school days exams.
29th September 2016, 08:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned about the options of taking either home based board examination or board based board examination then you must be a CBSE student Class 10th as CBSE gives students the option for selection of one option for their final semester examination of their Class 10th i.e; AISSCE ( All India Secondary School Certificate examination).

As you are looking concerned about the future prospects of both modes of AISSCE then I would like to clarify you that in both the options the opportunities will be same as the certificates and results of both options are issued by CBSE and has no difference at all. Also the whole syllabus, pattern of examination and academics of both the options are same.

The only thing in which Board based examination has a slight edge over the school based is that, in board based examination you will get the real feel of board examination as it is conducted away from your school in new environment just as any other board examination or competitive examination which will help you mentally and make you confident when you go for any other examination. So in my suggestion you must opt for board based examination.

For further details about the academics and curriculum followed by CBSE you can log on to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
29th September 2016, 09:16 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in tenth class and I am confused which board I should take board or home board which would be best for me. Please give me answers in the basis of opportunities?
I would recommend you to go with CBSE Board Exams because of its following benefits:
  • Board exams conducted externally by CBSE is completely unbiased, so you will get to know about your real potential that will help you out for upcoming Intermediate exams.
  • It will give you a first time experience of Board exams, so that you can perform better in later exams.
  • Additionally, CBSE will help if you wish to change your Board after passing 10th.
29th September 2016, 10:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As you are in tenth class hence according to me you should take board based exams as it has more value but if you are not confident that you can perform well in your exams then you should go for School based exams.
Board based exams has more value in comparison to school based exams.
According to your previous academic performance you can accordingly to take board based or school based exams.
29th September 2016, 11:06 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

For 10th standard students, CBSE gives option to choose
> Home based exam in which SA-II will be conducted by the school in which student is enrolled
>Board based examination in which SA-II will be conducted by board.

Other than that there is no major difference.
Students are free to choose any of the option and it will not harm then in any way in future.
General perception about school and board based examination is only those student can take admission in 11th in other state who have opted board based examination but it is actually a myth and rumor.

So, you are free to choose any option.
Also, both school and board based examination will be good option.

From my point of view, you should go for board based examination as most of school based examination are biased if student's relation with school teachers is not good.
30th September 2016, 12:09 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

There are basically three education boards through which one can pursue 10th standard. One of them is central board of secondary education i.e. CBSE board. It offers same syllabus and study pattern all over the country. So it is always good to pursue 10th standard from any CBSE affiliated school.
The second one is 'state board'. It offers different syllabus and study pattern in different states of India. If due to any reason, you will need to change state, then you have to start with a fresh environment in terms of syllabus and study pattern.
The third option is NIOS board. Generally people who are not able to attend regular classes, prefer this board.
30th September 2016, 12:22 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can select any board either the school based or board based both have same syllabus and even the equal value of their marks and certificate.

Candidates passed from any board either school or board are eligible to change their board and school after 10th.

So, select the one in which you are more comfortable with.
30th September 2016, 05:49 PM
Madison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can select any board as per you convenience. However since you want a better career opportunity I would recommend you to take up CBSE board since it a all India based board rather than the home board examination which is conducted by the school. In case of the CBSE board examination the exam is conducted by the board or council. For the first time it might be a little tense and you might not feel confident however it will help you overcome the tension for the higher board examination.

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Examination. The prospect in pursuing you exam through CBSE board is much more than if you take up home board exam.
30th September 2016, 06:07 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

I think you should go for CBSE Board as the marks secured in CBSE Board are always better than that of the home board. You can also find that the reputation a CBSE Board holder gets can never be matched with cbse board. Exam paper is also easy in cbse board than any state board. Exam are conducted on time and also results comes early.

I Hope it will help you chose a nice board

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?