18th July 2014, 11:32 PM
dkdenesh

Which books are best for HCS preparation? Which subject should I select?

Respected sir, I m 31 years old and I have done b.com and mba fin., icwai inter. I want to join hcs. I want my preparation by self study. Please advise me which book is the best for hcs preparation and which subject shold I select for hcs

Regards
Dinesh kumar
M- 8283838718

31st March 2015, 03:04 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which books are best for HCS preparation? Which subject should I select?

If you have completed your graduation and want to appear in HCS exam then you have to first choose a subject which is of the most interest for you and you have to prepare that subject very well and make better grip on its basics and then choose it as your main subject in the HCS exam.

Various books are available for civil service preparations and you should also know about its special magazines like (Pratiyogita darpan) and career 360 are some of the best magazine that you should read regularly information given in them should study carefully.

And one most important that you should prepare the last 10 years question papers of HCS because everything will come in that and check that what is new coming every year and note it.

Use the books for preparation are-

11th and 12th books of NCERT

IGNOU materials of sociology subject

Sociology written by Tom Bottomore

Tribal india- by Nadeem hasnain

I will suggest you personally that most concentrate on the NCERT books as they are best because most of toppers prefer the NCERT books.

8th February 2017, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which books are best for HCS preparation? Which subject should I select?

Which optional subject is best with economics in HCS. I am thinking about Sociology. Is that right choice..?

13th December 2018, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir political science subjects ke liye purukhraj jain ki konc book may purchase kru

6th June 2019, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Anita Tanwar...I'm doing PhD chemistry.. N I want to join HCS ...sir plz inform me about the xm pattern ..books which are very beneficial n some notes if u can provide ...

12th August 2019, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

I am in service last 8 years in group c , but I m preparing for promotion in hcs from group c. Please suggest for this preparation

18th December 2021, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

What are recommended books to cover Science syllabus for HCS? Are NCERT class 6 to 10th sufficient, or 11th & 12th (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) also required?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?