23rd August 2011, 09:23 PM
Harsha274318

Is it difficult to crack IAS exam after taking mechanical engineering as an optional?

Hello sir, Is it hard to crack ias taking mechanical engineering as a optional? Please reply.

24th August 2011, 06:39 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it difficult to crack IAS exam after taking mechanical engineering as an optional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha274318 View Post
Hello sir, Is it hard to crack ias taking mechanical engineering as a optional? Please reply.
Hi
No I guess, It is not hard until and unless you are poor in your subject in what you have learnt

According to me it is the luckiest opportunity to select an IAS optional based upon your background i.e., the subject which you have learnt.

you can easily get through this if you have good subject and conceptual knowledge of your subject.

if you are not interested in your subject of engineering then it is better not to select that optional subject for your Civils service examination.

as this is the job oriented exam they will not check your subject skills that deep like the exam of IES which is meant to select top engineering brains.
but coming to civil service examination it is not the case like that.
they focus to select the top intellectual brains.

For sure you should have good knowledge in the subject what you have selected as optional but it is more important to know which subject to select as a optional.

there lies your intelligence quotient. there are many intersting subjects in the list of the subjects of IAS optionls.
select the one which most attracts you.

if you are not selected yet make a good decision in selecting if you have already selected then it is good to develop interest on what subject you have selected.

All the best for your preparation.

Regards

~AdityA~
24th August 2011, 06:49 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Is it difficult to crack IAS exam after taking mechanical engineering as an optional?

No, It is not hard until and unless you are poor in your subject in what you have learnt

An IAS optional based upon your background .

You can easily get through this if you have good subject and conceptual knowledge of your subject.

Thanks!!
24th August 2011, 07:31 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to crack IAS exam after taking mechanical engineering as an optional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha274318 View Post
IAS is dificult for the science students as compared to arts or commerce students but if u are thorough with ur course and the syllabus of IAS and u have prepared well..then there is no stopping u..
24th August 2011, 08:11 PM
sg1991

Nothing is difficult in the world. Just you need to be perfect in your subject.
Not many students choose mechanical as optional subject. This may be an asset to you.
And you should choose only that subject in which you are most comfortable whether it be mechanical or something else.
And if you are comfortable with the subject, it is not hard.
Just do hard work and prepare according to the syllabus.
24th August 2011, 09:50 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Harsha,
It's nothing like that. If you have a strong knowledge of the subject and if you are really good at it, it will be in fact easier to crack the paper. There is no subject tagged as tough or easy. It completely depends upon the individual.
However, the best way to prepare the subject will be by following the syllabus prescribed by UPSC.

The syllabus for Mechanical Engineering is as follows:

Mechanics of rigid bodies
Mechanics of deformable bodies
Engineering Material
Theory of Machine
Manufacturing Science
Thermodynamics, Gas Dynamics and Turbine
Heat Transfer
I .C. Engine
Steam Engineering
Refrigeration and air-conditioning
15th November 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir

wat will be the best optional paper along with mechanical engineering?? please guide me...
9th May 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
i completed my AMIE degree and wants to prepare for IAS can any one tell me the best optional subject with mechanical engineering.
5th April 2015, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi friend
I did preparation of IES from Made Easy last year.And this year I am doing preparation of IAS from Rau's IAS.
It is not easy to take mechanical engineering as optional
because it requires deep knowledge about the subject.
You can not write the things only memorising it.you can not write any thing in your answer.that is the demolarising side of subject.but if you do practice at this subject then there are various opportunities are there.like IAS, IES,GATE,PSU exam and many more.That is the potential of this subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?