21st December 2011, 08:14 PM
riga23manan

For which branch am I eligible in AFCAT while in Electrical Engineering final year?

hiiii
am doing electrical engineering, final year.....
i want to appear for afcat 2012... m eligible for which branch( flying, technical or ground duty)....??

23rd December 2011, 08:37 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: For which branch am I eligible in AFCAT while in Electrical Engineering final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riga23manan View Post
hiiii
i want to appear for afcat 2012... m eligible for which branch( flying, technical or ground duty)....??
As you are a engineering student and in final year now so you can apply for the Flying Branch and the Technical branch of the Indian Air force if you fulfill the eligibility criteria for both of the Branches. The AFCAT examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

FLYING BRANCH
For the Flying branch candidate should be graduate in any discipline and should have Physics and Maths at 10+2. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this branch.
Also candidate should have not less then 60% marks in his graduation.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the flying branch should have age between 19 to 23 years.

Technical Branch
You can also apply for the Technical branch. Only the engineering students are eligible to apply for this branch.
It should be note that candidate should not have any current backlog at the time of SSB interview.
Candidate of the pre final can apply through University Entry scheme.

Age Limit
For the Technical branch candidate age should be between 18 to 28 years.

For more information on AFCAT examination you can also visit at the below web site.

www.careerairforce.nic.in
23rd December 2011, 08:53 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: For which branch am I eligible in AFCAT while in Electrical Engineering final year?

Hello Friend,

Information about AFCAT :

AFCAT stands For Air Force Common Admission Test.

It is Conducted by Indian AIr Force twice in Year.

From your brance I can say that to you Technical Branch is Best and there is need of ELectrical Engineers.And Electrical Enigineering student can do best in these field.

Technical Branch :
1.The interested Candidate should be Complete graduation from recognised Universities.
2.The percentage should be greater than 60%.
3.The age should be between 18-28 years.

For more information visit this link

http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

Best Of Luck.
........Sayyed Shahrukh
24th December 2011, 12:15 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which branch am I eligible in AFCAT while in Electrical Engineering final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riga23manan View Post
hiiii
Yes of course,you can apply for AFCAT examination.So,you can apply for Flying branch course.

AFCAT :- Air force Common Admission Test is conducted every year for admission to Technical,Flying,Ground Duty.

To apply for AFCAT examination,the candidate need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria :-

Flying Branch :-

For this branch,the candidate need to complete graduate degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate marks in their examination,the candidate must have a studied physics and mathematics in their examination OR B.E/B.Tech in any discipline with 60% aggregate marks in their examination.

Candidate who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply for Flying branch but pre-final year of degree course are not eligible to apply for Flying Branch.

Age limits :- The candidate age should be between 19 years and 23 years,there is no upper age limits for reserved categories.

Technical Branch :-

For this branch,the candidate need to complete aeronautical engineering in electronics from a recognized university OR aeronautical engineering in Mechanical recognized university or equivalent qualification.

Candidate who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply for Flying branch but pre-final year of degree course are not eligible to apply for Flying Branch.

Age limits :- The candidate age should be between 18 years and 28 years,there is no upper age limits for reserved categories.

Selection Process :-
  • Written examination
  • Screening Test
  • Psychological Test
  • Group Test
  • Interview
  • Medical examination

AFCAT examination dates :-
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 13/01/12(for flung areas 20/01/12)
  • Date of examination :- 26/02/12

Flung areas mean :-

Quote:
Andaman & Nicobar Islands,Lakshadweep & Minicoly Islands,Assam,Meghalaya,Manipur,Arunachal Pradesh,Tripura,Nagaland and Mizoram.

http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/
29th December 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: For which branch am I eligible in AFCAT while in Electrical Engineering final year?

how many branches are eligible for afcat,i m mechanical 2nd year student,m i eligible,if no then may i give entrance exam only in this year?
10th January 2012, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

i am in b.tech pre final year .Can i apply for afcat?
15th May 2012, 01:35 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for both of the Branches. The AFCAT examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.
FLYING BRANCH
For the Flying branch candidate should be graduate in any discipline and should have Physics and Maths at 10+2. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this branch.
15th May 2012, 01:41 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for both of the Branches. The AFCAT examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.
FLYING BRANCH
5th June 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between AFCAT and CDS Examinaton?
23rd December 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

are computer science students eligible for aeronautical engineering in electronics .
23rd December 2012, 07:13 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

Usually in AFCAT exam, there are two branches available for B.Tech graduates to select for the examination.

The two branches are as follows:

Technical Branch:

For the technical branch the students belonging to Aeronautical Engineering are selected for the examination.

The candidates in the final year are also eligible for the exam.

Flying Branch:

For the branch the candidates who have completed B.Tech and having an aggregate of 60% throughout the academics are eligible for the exam.

As you mentioned that you belong to Electrical Engineering you will be eligible for the flying branch.

Thank you,

All the best.
8th January 2013, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

guys in the step 3 of registration which courses are to be ticked for electrical engineering
8th January 2013, 08:59 AM
vamos101

guys i am doing 3rd year electrical engg .so what the course options to be ticked in step 3 of registration
10th November 2014, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for flying branch or technical branch I have done btech in electrical engg. Pls tell me
6th December 2014, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I m doing engineering in computer science branch..final year..am i eligible for afcat exam for technical post...pls reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?