15th June 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Which branch should girls choose in engineering? What are the job opportunities in future?

Which branch should girls choose in engg. Having good job opportunities in future?

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch should girls choose in engineering having good opportunities in future?
  2. Which branch should girls choose in engineering?
  3. What's the future of Chemical engineering branch? Is this branch good for girls?
  4. What is the future of Chemical Engineering branch? Is this branch good for girls?
  5. Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?
  6. Which branch is more preferable after appearing in 2nd inter exams and EAMCET? I've secured 95.3% marks in groups in first inter
  7. Engineering branch best suited for girls? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can girls apply for any branch in engineering? Best branch for girls having good scope in future?
  9. Which engineering collee and branch combination should I choose? What are the job opportunities?
  10. What are the job opportunities in various engineering streams?
  11. Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?
  12. Prestigious Indian universities for masters in Botany? Would it be better to go Abroad?
  13. Which branch should I choose for a better future between Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Which branch of engineering is better among Civil and Mechanical in regards to job opprtunities? -- [New]
  15. What is the future of a girl in the branch of Electronics and Instrumentation? In what environment do girls have to work?
  16. Which is a better branch for girls in engineering?
  17. How may I get details about EIE branch?What's the future prospective? I'm B.Tech 1st year student
  18. Which stream in Engineering course has a better career scope for Girls?
12th August 2012, 10:28 PM
Trusharrr

Default Re: Which branch should girls choose in engineering? What are the job opportunities in future?

Hi... Friend

This is the most difficult question to answer.

Don't worry i know it is very difficult for you to give the answer so i am here to help you to know your interest in a particular branch.

Computer Science & Engineering

Some question for u...?
1.Do you like computer ? (I am not talking about computer games and Internet)
2.Do you want to do something new in computer ?
3.Do you always experiment with your computer and surprise others ?
4 Are you strong enough in mathematics and logic making skills ?
5.Do you like puzzles ?
6.Are you having a good IQ.

If you have almost positive answer then you should go in this branch..
This branch require a good logic making skills and good aptitude ,innovation and hard work. If you are having all these things in you then go for this branch.

Electrical & Electronics

1. Have you ever open your switch board and repair it ?
2. Do you want to know the functioning of your home electrical appliances ?
3. Do you want to know what is really going on in a computer CPU ?
4. Are u interested in sensors & transistor ?
5. Do you want to make your own robot ?

If yes then this is the branch for you, again there is a small difference in electrical and electronics most of the syllabus content are same. In most college theses are separate branches but in some college they are same. In short we can say that electronics is subset of electrical

Mechanical & production Engineering

1.Are you interested in bike and cars design ?
2.Do you take interest in functioning of daily routine things ?
3.Do you ask basic question to your teachers(i.e how this works ? how that works ?)
4.Do you like physics ?
5.Do you like to make some new mechanism ?
6.Do you like to use your engineering skills for a common man life ?

if yes then you are at right place this is the branch for you. This branch require a real hard work. In most of the colleges mechanical and production are different branches but there syllabus content are more or less similar but in few college this is combine. There is a misconception that in this branch's job opportunity are less as compared to computer science and electronics.

Civil Engineering

1.Are you interested in building making ?
2.Are you ready to rock the world by your talent ?
3.Have you ever think how this can be done after seeing a building ?
if yes then this is the branch for you. There is a misconception that in this branch's job opportunity are less as compared to others branch. It is not so, if you are hardworking and talented then there are a lot of opportunity in this sector.

Then best of luck and go ahead. I think now you can decide your branch If you don't get the branch of your choice by mistake or due to your lower rank then don't worry I will tell you how to deal with this situation. This is not the end.

There are also another extra branch like as Automobiles, Aeronautical, Textile, Chemical etc..

But for Girls :-- Computer Science, IT , Communication are Best

I try my best for Solution...
Most welcome for any other suggestion..
Best Regards...
13th August 2012, 08:14 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch should girls choose in engineering? What are the job opportunities in future?

I think this question has become little irrelevant because girls these days are opting for all type of Engineering courses. For instance Marine Engineering was something that girls hardly used to do but things have changed now. Even if you look at core areas like Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, girls candidates are filling one third of the seats in both these branches. There was a time when no girl in India would pick up these braches. But everything has changed now.

Therefore I would suggest that stop thinking about what is good for the girls and what isn't. Instead think what you like the most. If you want to work for space agencies and build space shuttles, I would recommend you to go for Aerospace Engineering. Similarly there is B.E. in Fashion technology that a creative person would love. A lot of people are still unaware about this course.

But if you still insist then I would say that Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Science Engineering would be good for girls.

My personal pick would be Electronics and Communication Engineering because it offers so many jobs option. You can choose to work for Public Sector Undertaking or private companies in various fields. Here are some of the jobs you can apply for.

IT

Information Technology is always considered as one of the best fields for girls. After completing Electronics and Communication Engineering, you would get ample chances to make it into IT industry. Do you know that Infosys hire more ECE graduates than any other company in India. Other big IT companies are also searching for the ECE graduates.

Microsoft

HP

IBM

DELL

Google

Intel

Infosys

HCL

Wipro

Tech Mahindra

TCS

Consumer Electronics

The most evergreen field for ECE graduates is Consumer Electronics. Jobs in this sector never seems to dry up even in tough economic conditions as we are facing today. Some good companies in the field are:

LG

Electrolux

Godrej

Videocon

Samsung

PSU

Perhaps the best option for ECE graduate is Public Sector Undertakings. Almost every single PSU company in India offers job to Electronics and Communication Engineers. You need at least 60 percent marks and valid GATE score to apply for PSU jobs.

BHEL

GAIL

ISRO

DRDO

INDIAN RAILWAYS

BEL

IOCL

ONGC

Telecom

The fast growing telecom sector of India is another good option worth considering regardless you are boy or girl. The tremendous growth in India's telecom sector has lead to high number of jobs.

Bharti Airtel

Tata Tele

Vodafone

Idea Cellular

Reliance Communications

BSNL

MTNL

Aircel
13th August 2012, 11:34 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

I would suggest that stop thinking about what is good for the girls and what isn't. Instead think what you like the most. If you want to work for space agencies and build space shuttles, I would recommend you to go for Aerospace Engineering. Similarly there is B.E. in Fashion technology that a creative person would love. A lot of people are still unaware about this course.

But if you still insist then I would say that Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Science Engineering would be good for girls.
13th August 2012, 01:11 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Here are some good branch for girls-

E.C
ELECTRONICS
COMPUTER SCIENCE
COMPUTER ENGINEERING
IMFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
GENETICS ENGINEERING
CIVIL
ELECTRICAL

after completing one of following course you can get job in following

Wipro
TCS
CTS
ACCENTURE
Banking(IT officer)
13th August 2012, 02:32 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

From past of some years girls prefered to join soft branches in engineering but now a day they are also getting in hard branches like mechanical, Production, civil etc..

There are many Good Branches for Girls in Engineering according to their Interest like:

Soft Branches:

=> Electronics and communication
=> computer Engineering
=> Information Technology
=> Telecom

Hard Branches:

=> production Engineering
=> Mechanical Engineering
=> civil Engineering
=> Marine Engineering.

But it is Better to Choose Any soft Branch for Girls Candidate so they can Get job opportunity at some Good companys like:

=> Wipro
=> TCS
=> Intel
=> HP
=> Microsoft
=> Infosys
=> Google
=> HCL

Best of Luck
14th August 2012, 09:51 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear There ,

The Best Engineering Streams that Girls should choose are :

* Computer Science & Engineering

* Information Technology

* Telecommunication & Mass Media

I Have suggested these streams because these streams are the best suited for girls and also these streams have a very good scope from the job & placement point of view for girls.

After completing engineering from any of these streams , you can get jobs in companies like :

* Wipro

* TCS

* Microsoft

* Google

* Facebook

* IBM

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
4th May 2013, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I think aerospace engineer is also good for girls.everything is possible,nothing is impossible..
10th May 2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Is nanotechnology is best for girls? Is electronics & instrumentation is best for girls
22nd June 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I am intrested in chemical engineering . Is it better option for girls regarding job apportunities?Is there is any effect on health while working with chemicals?
15th August 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

is fashion desinging good course for girls
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?