14th July 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Which branch will give a better job, Civil or IT?

which branch will give a better job by college Motilal Nehru National institute of technology,,[MNNIT ALLAHABAD],,-1. Civil or 2. IT,,,,,plz ans me my email id is [email protected],,,.

6th August 2011, 07:18 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Which branch will give a better job, Civil or IT?

Both the branches are better for the job perspective. But civil engineering being a core branch has an advantage that you can apply for IES exams conducted by UPSC, further which is the most reputed and prestigious job in engineering services in India.

Civil has a much better and wider scope of job oppotunities in every field not only in private sectors but also civil has maximum number of vacancies in any government job for engineering. Civil has much better job scopes comparing to IT.

IT has also good scope in public sectors and private companies but not as wide as the scopes of civil engineering.
6th August 2011, 10:50 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which branch will give a better job by college Motilal Nehru National institute of technology,,[MNNIT ALLAHABAD],,-1. Civil or 2. IT,,,,,plz ans me my email id is [email protected],,,.
dear friend,
civil will be far better than it in b.tech. civil is having a wider scope than it branch. there are a lot of job options available for civil engineers both in private as well as in public sector.
a civil engineer always get a good job because the construction work is never going to stop.
a civil engineer can also apply for ies exam which an it engineer can not give.
so you must take civil as your branch in b.tech
7th August 2011, 12:41 AM
liquid

to me both are better.but if i suggest you shoulg go for civil.as you can have a opertunity to go core companies.you can apply for IES exams also conducted by UPSC.civil has a maximun number of vacancies in core jobs.here one can also go to private sectors.
best of luck..
7th August 2011, 12:46 AM
manoj.vankadari

Smile Re: Which branch will give a better job, Civil or IT?

HI....DUde first you be fixed about your interest because civil and IT are two different streams...more over coming to job oppurtunities...both have same preference dear......
According to me if you are a bit interested in programming and software designing prefer IT,it will suites you...else interested in infrastructure planning and designing u better adopt CIVIL.....
It's not like that, both the fields have great scope of jobs in Future......Hope you understood.....ALL THE BEST for your bright future.
7th August 2011, 12:55 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Both branches are good but the selection of branch depends on you.
One thing i want to clear you that if you Choose civil engineering than you can find your future in government sector because you can give IAS IES etc and there are some government companies also.
But if you choose IT as your branch than you may find your future in private sector because in IT field you can placed in any private company like
TCS
satyam
wipro
infosys
etc
7th August 2011, 01:45 AM
samir14

Dear Friend
Both branch has its own importance.
IT branch will give you a lot of jobs in private sectors on the other hand civil will open many gates of government job i mean to say broad range for government sector.
But comparatively IT will give much more job then civil.

ALL the best.
7th August 2011, 09:26 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

In my opinion you should opt for Civil Engineering over IT.Because Civil Engineering is a ever-green branch,that means the demand for this branch will always be high.You can get job in various core sectors.On the otherhand the demand is not steady in case of IT.Recently the market for IT industry was down for which these IT students suffered a lot.

So it's better you choose Civil branch in your B.Tech.
7th August 2011, 09:36 AM
Er. vinod kumar saini

Both the branches are good at their own place.
but
Presently civil branch have more craze than IT.
7th August 2011, 11:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Motilal Nehru National institute of technology is the good technical institute . all branch are good for this institute.

civil also got good placement here because some core company are recruit here.

but my point of view IT is the better than civil because 95% of this institute candidate from IT departments are placed.

thanks
7th August 2011, 01:24 PM
rana2011
Banned

My friend,
In my opinion Civil will be far better than B.Tech.

Because there are a lot of job options available for civil engineers both in private and Govt.sector.

**A Civil Engineer always get a good job because the construction work is never going to stop.

**A Civil Engineer can also apply for ies exam which an it engineer can not give.

Thanks!
7th August 2011, 03:31 PM
fahran

Both the branches are better for the job perspective. But civil engineering being a core branch has an advantage that you can apply for IES exams conducted by UPSC, further which is the most reputed and prestigious job in engineering services in India.

Civil has a much better and wider scope of job oppotunities in every field not only in private sectors but also civil has maximum number of vacancies in any government job for engineering. Civil has much better job scopes comparing to IT.

IT has also good scope in public sectors and private companies but not as wide as the scopes of civil engineerin
7th August 2011, 05:44 PM
dhruv007

both sectors are better , but i think if oualify IIT-JEE you should opt IT .because there is better salary package than civil sector. but for rest of examination you should opt civil sector.
7th August 2011, 07:42 PM
sg1991

Civil Engineering is a core branch. It is a good branch if you want to do Govt. job. You can give IES eaxm conducted by UPSC with this branch. But you will have to do a lot of field work in civil sector. The good thing is that you can earn more money whether you are in a village or in a metro city. You can also work as a private civil engineer. You should be physically strong if you want to be successful in this field.

IT is not a core branch. There are some Govt. jobs in IT branch but less scope of promotion. You will earn a fixed money in this sector. There are a lot of IT companies but all of them are in big cities. Less scope for this branch in small towns and villeges. You cannot give IES exam with IT syllabus. But The nature of job is comfortable. You work in an AC office in front of a computer. You have to sit at the same place for hours.

But finally both branches are good. It all depends on what you want to do.
7th August 2011, 07:47 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

at this time civil is the best branch.
this is heighly improved trade.
you have to choose this trade.
because at this time the IT MARKET IS LOW IN AMERCICA AND AVERAGE IN INDIA.
so, this is a tough job for you in this trade.
14th August 2011, 09:15 PM
Bmsri

hi, All the engineering branches has good future .But the number of vacancies varies . IT is a good field but you need to update you often to the new technology.job availability differ from year to year
but this is not the case with civil you have a live job experiencing different situations. civil engineering projects are quiet interesting and you will be very much interested in it . with the increasing demand for shelter due to population rise civil engineering has wide job scope than any other branches .Other fields may rise and fall there is no fall for civil engineering
16th August 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

what are the jobs can u get in IAS civil ?and what are the pay scales in this field? Also, I have just finished Bcom and wanting to know where can I go for preparation for IAS civil?
27th August 2011, 06:00 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Both branch are very good for future scope.Its depend on your interest.If you

have interest in computer than computer branch is very good branch for

you.There are so much scope and also requirment for a computer

engineer.You can get a good job in big IT companies like tcs,infosys.Its .Its

very good for you to do your engineering from a nit college.

If you have interest in public sector and also if you have interest in

infrastructure then you have to choose civil branch.its a growing branch now

a days and there are many jobs are present for a civil engineer.

Choice is yours.Its depend on your interest.

All the best
12th October 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I'm interested in civils services.which engineering branch will be better for civils preparation.
1st July 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

can i get job in it sector aftr completing b.tech in civil branch?
1st July 2012, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

can i get job in it sector after complete btech in civil branch?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?