10th April 2012, 12:08 AM
gtafshan

Can a candidate of 3rd semester apply for IES Exam?

can a third sem student submit ies form
and will he be allowed to sit in exam

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  2. Can CSE candidate apply for IES Exam? Last date to submit forms for upcoming IES Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Procedure and eligibility to get scholarship for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd semester student?
  4. In which year a B.Tech student can apply for IES exam? Can 3rd year student apply?
  5. For which Government Jobs I am eligible to apply being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course?
  6. Can a student of D.Ed 3rd semester apply for CTET 2015?
  7. About ies exam
  8. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?
  9. Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  10. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  11. Does this applicable to IES Exam also being a candidate having applied for Civils Exam or do I need to apply for IES Exam separately?
  12. Am I eligible to apply in JEST if pursuing M.Sc(Physics) 3rd semester?
  13. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  14. Should I quit engineering of got 5 reappaers in 3rd semester?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria asked for IES exam and in government sector jobs? -- [New]
  16. How to take admission in B.Tech 3rd semester?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in IBM, Infosys, TCS, Syntel, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, HCL and L&T for MCA 3rd semester candidate?
  18. Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student
10th April 2012, 01:37 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a candidate of 3rd semester apply for IES Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtafshan View Post
Hi friend,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of Various post in the Central Government . This examination is conducted Once in a year .

Minimum Qualification :-

* should have passed engineering degree with pass marks from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for IES examination but there is no chances for pre-final(3rd) year candidates .

*age should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination and relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC categories . SC/ST for 5 years , OBC for 3 years .

good luck
10th April 2012, 01:41 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services Exam. This Exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

This Exam will be conducted in order to recruit the candidates into the following Engineering services.
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Communication Engineering

Have a glance over the required eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Engineering course by the time they join.

Age criteria :
-A candidate should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
For the candidates of SC/ST category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 10 years for the candidates with physical disabilities.

As you are a candidate of 3rd semester, you are not eligible to apply for this exam.

I suggest you to apply for this exam in the final year of your B.Tech course.

So, have good preparation for this exam and try to be strong enough with all the aspects of the written exam by the time you appear for the written exam.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
11th April 2012, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

what is the salary for ies officer including 6th pay
13th March 2013, 10:08 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot apply for the IES Exam if you are in 3rd semester of graduation.

The Indian Engineering Services Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on behalf of the ministry of Human Resource & Development.

The Basic Requirements of IES Exam are :

* You must have completed Technical degree graduation (i.e., B.Tech/B.E.) in any of the following streams :

a) Civil Engineering

b) Mechanical Engineering

c) Electronics & Electrical Engineering

d) Electronics & Communication Engineering

* If you are in final year of such courses , then also you can also apply for the same.

So , you can see from the above mentioned that there is no chance to apply for the IES Exam for candidates of 3rd semester.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th March 2013, 11:09 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IES is the Indian Engineering services examinations.For this examinations you must have bachelor's degree in engineering/technology from a recognized college or university .If you are in final year of engineering then also you can apply for the IES examintions.

Since you are at present in third semester ,so you are not eligible to apply for the IES examinations.You have to wait for another two till you are in final year of bachelor's degree course.

Let me tell you something more about this examinations:

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years .A relaxation of three years is provided to obc and five years to sc/st respecively.

In case of no of attempts if you are from general category then you will get four attempts or if from obc then seven and for sc/st there is no limitations on no of attempts.

IES exam pattern:

Note: Friend since you are in 3rd sem,you have enough time to prepare for this exam ,you can join the best institute known for IES preparation that is MADE easy right from third year.

You need to work hard and make clear cut concepts in each and every core subjects of your branch.Try to make a good grip over general awareness and current affairs by reading newspapers,watching news channels etc.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query you can leave it here.

all the best for your future.

aashisranjan784
15th March 2013, 05:56 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtafshan View Post
No,you will not be Eligible to appear in IES(Indian Engineering Services) Exam.For this you will required to meet these Eligibility Criteria :-

Educational qualification(In any One)
  • Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
  • Master degree in Engineering/Physics/Mathematics.
Engineering degree should be from :-
  • Mechanical .
  • Electrical.
  • Electronics and Communication.
  • Civil.
  • Your minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Your upper age should not above 28 years.
Scheme of Examination for IES
  • General Section :- General English and General Studies.
-->>Total duration of this paper will be 2 hours.
-->>Total marks for this paper will be 200 Marks.

• Conventional Paper :- Academic Engineering Paper I,II & III.
-->>Each paper will be of 2 hours.
-->>Paper I & II will be of 200 Marks.
-->>Paper III will be of 300 Marks.

For Official website of UPSC IES -->> Click-Here .
15th March 2013, 11:28 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Hi,

IES also known as Indian engineering service, is an exam taken by UPSC for govt posts, this exam has some criteria, but you cannot write in your 3rd year, you can write in your final year, here are the eligibility criteria:-

One of the basic thing, you must be from these background :-

• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

>>Final year student are eligible to apply, and the degree should be from a recognised university.

AGE limit:-

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination.ie( min 21 and max- 30)

You might get posted in some of the services like:-

1.Railway Department
2.Central Public Works Department
3.Directorate General Ordnance Factories
4.Central Water Commission
5.Central Electricity Authority
6.Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation
7.Indian Navy
8.Border Roads Organisation
9.Geological Survey of India

If you want to apply for thsi exam, you can apply now at www.upsc.gov.in,

ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2013 will be conducted on 28.06.2013 (FRIDAY) and the last date of application is 15.04.2013 (MONDAY).

Hurry, apply soon, but you have to be in final year.

Thanks!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?