2nd June 2012, 10:16 PM
Dipika.Pardeshi

Can I appear for CDS II examination without appearing for CDS I exam?

Can I appear CDS 2 examination without appearing CDS 1 examination. If no what the reasion.

3rd June 2012, 10:28 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CDS II examination without appearing for CDS I exam?

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC two times every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Acdemy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

You can either appear for CDS-I or CDS-II as per your suitability and eligibility.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS:-

-The candidate must be an unmarried Indian National
-Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 19 to 25 years
-Should have possessed good Physical and Mental health.

For IMA-Only Male candidate within 19 to 24 years of age from any stream of Graduation
For INA -Only Male candidate within 19 to 22 years with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with Graduation
For IAFA-Only Male candidate within 19 to 23 years with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with Graduation
For OTA-Both Male and Female candidate within 19 to 25 years of age from any stream of Graduation

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2012, 10:44 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CDS II examination without appearing for CDS I exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipika.Pardeshi View Post
Can I appear CDS 2 examination without appearing CDS 1 examination. If no what the reasion.
Yes of course , you can appear CDS II examination without appear CDS I examination .

CDS II Exam dates :-
  • Date of Notification :- 02.06.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12
  • Date of examination :- 16.09.12

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union public Service Commission twice's in a year .

Conducted for :-
  • Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Air force Academy
  • Officer training Academy

Eligibility criteria :-

Military Academy :- You must have a possess a graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and age should be between 19 years and 24 years , there is no upper age limits .

Naval Academy :- You must have a possess a B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor's of engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and age should be between 19 years and 22 years , there is no upper age limits .

Air force Academy :- You must have a possess a graduate degree with any stream and have a Mathematics and physics as subjects 10+2 or engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and age should be between 19 years and 23 years , there is no upper age limits .

Officer Training Academy :- You must have a possess a graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and age should be between 19 years and 25 years , there is no upper age limits .

Application Process :-

Application forms will be accepted only in online , no other mode will be accepted . Online Registration was already started on 02/06/12 .

Online Application :- www.upsconline.nic.in

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2012, 11:40 AM
bhagyaraj1

HI!
C.D.S is stand for Combine Defence Services Exam..

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year..
You can apply for C.D.S(II) without appearing C.D.S(I)..

Candidate pass the graduation with any stream are eligible for C.D.S exam.
Unmarried male and female candidates with age in between 19-24 year are eligible for exam..

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-02.06.2012
Last date of receipt of form:-02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

For more detali log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
3rd June 2012, 02:28 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and it is conducted two times in a year i.e

CDS-I,

CDS-II.

With out appearing CDS-I exam you are eligible for CDS-II exam.
So hurry up apply for the CDS-II exam this year.

Important dates for CDS-II:

Date of Notification :- 02-june-2012,

Last date for receipt of application: 02-july-2012,

Date of examination: 16-sep-2012

CDS has four wings:

Indian airforce academy,

Indian naval academy,

Indian military academy,

Officer training academy.

Eligibility criteria for CDS:

The candidate should be complete graduation or equivalent degree from a recognised university.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

The candidate must be a citizen of india and physically fit.

Age criteria:

For naval academy 19 years to 22 years,

For airforce academy 19 years to 23 years,

For military academy 19 years to 24 years,

For Officer training academy 19 years to 25 years.

Selection procedure:

Written test,

Interview,

Medical test.

For more details visit the official website of UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
13th June 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I have no registration ID of CDS II part 1 how can I give part 2 examination
17th June 2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I FIND CDS-2 PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS ? KINDLY YOU TELL ME ANY EASY METHOD?
18th June 2013, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam,
i just completed my III.B.tech and results will be coming soon.till now I didn't attend for any CDS exam.now i want to apply for CDS II EXAM. sir, is attending for either CDS II or CDS -I is sufficient to enter into army/navy or must and should attend for both the exams. With in one month i am entering to the 4th year. can i apply for CDSII. sir please give me a clarity about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?