28th February 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS exam being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer? When CDS exam will be held?

Sir
I am completed Diploma Mechanical Engineering
I want to give CDS exam so can I
seat this CDS exam or not?
And when the next CDS exam?

1st March 2015, 08:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS exam being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer? When CDS exam will be held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I am completed Diploma Mechanical Engineering
I want to give CDS exam so can I
seat this CDS exam or not?
And when the next CDS exam?
No, you are not eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years

CDS Important Dates

Notification Date: 8 November, 2014

Last Date to Apply: 5 December, 2014

CDS Exam Date: 15 February, 2015 (Sunday)
1st March 2015, 09:34 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS exam being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer? When CDS exam will be held?

As per your qualification, you are not eligible to apply for this examination because to apply for this examination the candidate should have completed degree course from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.

CDS I Examination was already completed on 15th February 2015.

CDS II Exam Dates :
  • Date of Notification : 18.07.15
  • Last date for receipt of application : 14.08.15
  • Date of Examination : 01.11.15

Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for this examination is that applicant should have a completed Degree course in any desired subject from a recognized University. Applicant's age should be between 19 to 25 years. Age limit depends upon the Post. CDS Examination is conducted for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.
1st March 2015, 01:59 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination with just "Diploma" as an Educational Qualification. The minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree" or "Graduate Program" from a recognized university. Since "Diploma" which is Undergraduate program and is not equivalent to "Graduate" degree, I am sorry to say that you are NOT eligible to apply for CDS Examination. To be eligible for CDS Exam, I suggest you to complete B.Tech/ B.E (Mechanical Engineering).

Educational Qualifications Required:

<> For Indian Military Academy & Officer Training Academy (IMA & OTA):
* Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification

<> For Air Force Academy:
* B.Sc with Physics and/ or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

<> For Naval Academy:
* B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

CDS Examination is being held twice a year, one in February month and another in August month.

@ Issue of CDS Notification - In August and March months
@ Conduct of CDS Examinations - In February and August months
17th September 2015, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

If the age for cds is 19 yrs how is dis possible for a candidate have a graduate degree at 19 ????
15th June 2019, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can i join Indian Army after completing my course in Electronics and communication engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?