24th June 2012, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IES at an age of 20?

My birth date is 27th march 1992. Can I appear for IES 2013.

24th June 2012, 08:45 AM
cenahlr

Default Re: Can I appear for IES at an age of 20?

hi,
IES exam stands for indian engineering service which is conducted by upsc.

IES EXAM ELIGIBLITY:-
Age Limit for IES
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.
Sorry dear,http://upsc.gov.in
You are not eligible for IES exam.
For more,
24th June 2012, 10:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IES Stands for Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

If you have completed engineering degree in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
  • Civil Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Mechanical engineering.
  • Electronics and Communication Engineering.
M.Sc degree or equivalent with Wireless communication,Electronics,Radio Physics or Radio Engineering can also apply for this examination.

Your age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Your age now 20 year old so sorry you are not eligible for IES exam now but when you have completed 21years then you can applicable here.

Exam pattern for IES Exam:-

If you are from different departments of Engineering then also you are eligible for IES exam.But you should give the entrance exam with above departments. Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

For more details about IES exam , You can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

24th June 2012, 11:23 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Indian Engineering Services Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service commission) for filling the various engineering posts in the Government Department

Eligibility criteria for IES exam

Nationality

The candidate must be a citizen of India

Age limit

The candidate must have completed 21 years of age and should not be more than 30 years of age. Age will be considered as on 1 August
On 1 august 2013 your age will be 21 years only So you will be eligible for it. But the criteria may change to age as on 1 January So we will have to wait for the final notification of the next year

Educational qualification

-the candidate must have completed engineering degree in Electrical, Electronics & Communications, civil and mechanical branch
- or Msc. Degree holders under certain conditions
- The candidates who are in the final year of their degree courses are also eligible

The applications can be made both online and offline. The form can be obtained at Rs.20/- from notified post offices.

The examination fees is Rs. 100/- However schedule caste , schedule tribe, female and physically handicapped candidates do not have to pay this fees.
You can submit the fee in SBI branch by cash or you can also choose the option for Net Banking

The application can be made in the Month of February-march and the exam is conducted in June,
24th June 2012, 12:21 PM
puru797

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IES at an age of 20?

^Hi Buddy^

!Yep Sorry To Say as per the Eligibility Criteria You are Not Eligible To Apply IES 2012-2013!

~Your AGE Should between 21-30 years~

Thanks!!!
24th June 2012, 12:46 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!

->IES Stands for Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

->If you have completed engineering degree in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam.

1.Civil Engineering

2.Electrical Engineering

3.Mechanical engineering.

4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

5.M.Sc degree or equivalent with Wireless communication,Electronics,Radio Physics or

6.Radio Engineering can also apply for this examination.

->Your age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.

->Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

->Your age now 20 year old so sorry you are not eligible for IES exam now but when you have completed 21years then you can applicable here.

thank u...!!

all the best from navjot...!!
24th June 2012, 12:58 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES - INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of young Engineers in the top technical post in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication Dept. under Central Govt.

The minimum age to apply for IES is 21 years so at the age of 20 years you are not eligible to apply for IES. You have to wait till 2014 to apply for the same.

Besides the candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream of Engineering from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th June 2012, 04:49 PM
padhakudkt

No, you are not elgble to give the exam.
(II) Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must
have attained the age of 21 years and must
not have attained the age of 30 years on
the Ist January, 2012 i.e. he/she must have
been born not earlier than 2nd January,
1982 and not later than 1st January, 1991.
24th June 2012, 06:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IES exam is conducted by the IES every year.

Eligibility criteria of IES:-

Students with four year B.Tech degree can apply for this exam.
Students with M.Sc degree in areas like electronics, radio physics, radio engineering or wireless communication can also apply.

At the most you can give the exam for four times.

Selection procedure includes written test and personality test.

Written test pattern:-

Paper I-(objective type)
Part A: general english
Part B: general studies

Part II & III- (objective type)
civil engineering/ mechanical engineering/ electrical engineering/ electronics and telecommunication engineering.

Part IV & V: (descriptive type)
civil engineering/ mechanical engineering/ electrical engineering/ electronics and telecommunication engineering.

Total marks for written exam is 1000 marks.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
24th June 2012, 09:31 PM
epson

The main criteria for this examination is you must be 21 years and must not be of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year. So, since you will be 21 the coming year then you can definitely make a mark on the board and can try your luck …..!!
24th June 2012, 09:40 PM
sumit911

Sorry Friend, you are ineligible.

The Age Criteria for IES Exam is
1. 21 to 30 years for the General Category
2. 3 years relaxation for the OBC candidates
3. 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates

But these are the upper age limits.
Lower age limit for all category of candidates are greater than 21 years.
So you are ineligible.
But you can apply for this Exam next provided you satisfy the Educational criteria as well.
25th June 2012, 12:29 AM
mitesh1995

hi friend.....

->IES Stands for Engineering Service
Examination and this examination is
conducted by Union Public Service
Commission Once in a year .
->If you have completed engineering degree
in following departments then you are
eligible for IES exam.
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
4.Electronics and Communication
Engineering.
5.M.Sc degree or equivalent with Wireless
communication,Electronics,Radio Physics or
6.Radio Engineering can also apply for this
examination.
->Your age should be in between 21 yrs to
30 yrs.
->Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC
candidate.
->Your age now 20 year old so sorry you are
not eligible for IES exam now but when you
have completed 21years then you can
applicable here.

All the best.........friend
25th June 2012, 06:59 PM
mitesh1995

hello friend...!!
->IES Stands for Engineering Service
Examination and this examination is
conducted by Union Public Service
Commission Once in a year .
->If you have completed engineering degree
in following departments then you are
eligible for IES exam.
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
4.Electronics and Communication
Engineering.
5.M.Sc degree or equivalent with Wireless
communication,Electronics,Radio Physics or
6.Radio Engineering can also apply for this
examination.
->Your age should be in between 21 yrs to
30 yrs.
->Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC
candidate.
->Your age now 20 year old so sorry you are
not eligible for IES exam now but when you
have completed 21years then you can
applicable here.
thank u...!!
all the best from navjot...!!
27th June 2012, 08:01 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

* The Acronym "IES" stands for Indian Engineering Services.

* The IES exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Now friend , i would like to tell you that you cannot appear in IES exam because you do not fulfill the age eligibility criteria for IES exam as your age must lie in between 21-30 years. So , you are one year short of the required age.

Other Eligibility Criteria For The Same are :

* You must be a citizen of India.

* You must have completed your Bachelors degree in Engineering in any one of the following streams :

a) Civil Engineering b) Electrical & Electronics Engineering

c) Mechanical Engineering d) Electrical & Communication Engineering

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC Candidates and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

For further details , you can visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 04:39 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service this exam is conducted by UPSC every year for Getting post of Young Engineer in reputed Technical companies.

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate should have completed their BE or B.Tech from Recognized Universities with at least 60%.

A candidate Age Limit should be Between 21-30 years.
Relaxation is available for OBC and SC/ST category on Upper Age.

So, Next year you are Definetly Eligible for IES.
15th August 2012, 10:59 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :

• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

How to Apply :

UPSC applications are available for Rs. 20/- at notified post offices all over the country. Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) through central Recruitment Fee Stamp only shall be attached. There is a fee exemption for SC/ST/Female/PH candidates. Please mark exam code as ENGG and not as IES. IES means Indian Economic service. Be careful in this aspect.

Last date for application : Usually in the first week of March in year of conduct of examination (offline)

Date of examination : Commences from usually in the last weeks of June in the year of conduct of examination .

For more details visit official of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.............
15th August 2012, 11:09 PM
vishwasourabh

Quote:

(I) Nationality:

A candidate must be either:

(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.

(II) Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year

(b) The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.

(i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation.

(ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st August, of current year.

Column 1 Column 2
Railway Department I.R.S.E.
I.R.S.M.E.
I.R.S.E.E.
I.R.S.S.E.
I.R.S.S.
Central Public Works Department C.E.S.—Group ‘A’
C.E. & M.E.S., Group ‘A’
Engineer-in-Chief, Army Headquarters M.E.S. Group A (IDSE B & R Cadre),M.E.S. Group A (IDSE—E. & M. Cadre)
Directorate General Ordnance Factories I.O.F.S. Group A
Central Water Commission C.W.E. Service (Group A)
Central Electricity Authority C.P.E. Service (Group A)
Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation
Engineer (Group 'A')
Indian Navy Indian Naval Armament Service,Assistant Naval Store Officer Grade I
Border Roads Organisation Border Roads Engineering Service.
Geological Survey of India Drilling Engineer (Jr.) Gr. 'A'

NOTE—The period of apprenticeship if followed by appointment against a working posts on the Railways may be treated as Railway Service for the purpose of age concession.

(c) The upper age-limit prescribed above will be further relaxable—

(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;

(ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

(iii) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

(iv) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof;

(v) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, ) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment;

(vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

(vii) Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

N.B.—The candidature of a person who is admitted to the examination under the age concession mentioned in Para 3(II)(b) above shall be cancelled if, after submitting his application he resigns from service or his services are terminated by his department/office either before or after taking the examination. He will, however, continue to be eligible if he is retrenched from the Service or post after submitting his application. A candidate who after submitting his application to the department is transferred to other department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession provided his application has been forwarded by his parent department.

SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to matriculation or in an extract from a Register of matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted along with the detailed applications which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of the written part of the examination.

No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

NOTE 1:- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT ONLY THE DATE OF BIRTH AS RECORDED IN THE MATRICULATION/SECONDARY EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE OR AN EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATE ON THE DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE COMMISSION AND NO SUBSEQUENT REQUEST FOR ITS CHANGE WILL BE CONSIDERED OR GRANTED.

NOTE 2:- CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT ONCE A DATE OF BIRTH HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THE THEM AND ENTERED IN THE RECORDS OF THE COMMISSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADMISSION TO AN EXAMINATION, NO CHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED SUBSEQUENTLY (OR AT ANY OTHER EXAMINATION OF THE COMMISSION) ON ANY GROUNDS WHATSOEVER.

NOTE 3. CANDIDATES SHOULD EXERCISE DUE CARE WHILE ENTERING THEIR DATE OF BIRTH IN COLUMN 8 OF THE APPLICATION FORM. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY SUBSEQUENT STAGE, ANY VARIATION IS FOUND IN THEIR DATE OF BIRTH FROM THE ONE ENTERED IN THEIR MATRICULATION OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE, DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM BY THE COMMISSION UNDER THE RULES.

(III) Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have—

(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

(b) passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or

(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

(f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
15th August 2012, 11:14 PM
rch91

Quote:
As per eligibility criteria for IES you are not eligible as you are only 20 years old while the age limit required for IES is 21 to 30 years.
So i am really sorry you are not eligible this time but work hard for next time.
All the best.
16th August 2012, 12:23 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IES EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE.
Ies exam eligiblity:-
>graduation from a recognized university.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation is given by govt rules.
>you must be indian citizen.
For more:-
www.upsc.gov.in
16th August 2012, 12:30 AM
yogesh8955347778

IES Stands for Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

If you have completed engineering degree in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical engineering.
Electronics and Communication Engineering.
M.Sc degree or equivalent with Wireless communication,Electronics,Radio Physics or Radio Engineering can also apply for this examination.

Your age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.
24th May 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

sir my dob is 14-03-94 .can i give ies 2015
24th May 2013, 09:43 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

>>No you can be eligible for IES after completing 20 years
>>IES is conducted by UPSC board once in a year
>>B.Tech and M.Sc candidates are eligible
>>The age limit is 21 - 30 years

all the best
24th May 2013, 09:44 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

>>No you can be eligible for IES after completing 20 years
>>IES is conducted by UPSC board once in a year
>>B.Tech and M.Sc candidates are eligible
>>The age limit is 21 - 30 years

all the best
25th May 2013, 12:19 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you can not apply for IES exam if you are 20 years old. You have to wait for another year to become eligible for the IES exam.

Engineering Services examination is conducted by UPSC for selected Engineering disciplines.

Those who are Engineering Graduate in following disciplines are eligible:

-Mechanical Engineering

-Civil Engineering

-Electronics and Communication Engineering

-Electrical Engineering

Age Limit:

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

Selection Procedure:

The selection will be based on the written exam and personal interview. The written exam will have questions related to your engineering discipline. Hence you must be very well prepared and should revise whatever you have studied in the Graduation.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th May 2013, 05:35 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Not at all, you can't appear for Indian Engineering Services exam at an your present age 20 years.

Union Public Service Commission organizes Indian Engineering Services exam every year.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in Engineering in anyone of these curricula from any approved institution. These curricula are below mentioned:-

1. Civil Engineering.
2. Mechanical Engineering.
3. Electrical Engineering.
4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

# Candidates must have finished their master degree in anyone of these curricula from any approved institution. These curricula are below mentioned:-

1. Wireless Communication.
2. Electronics.
3. Radio Physics.
4. Radio Engineering.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor or master degree are also preferable for this exam.

Age criteria and relaxation regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.

30th May 2013, 02:13 PM
a k 47

Sorry friend,
The eligiblity criteria for applying to IES is as follows:
1.The candidate should be engineering graduate from recognized university
2.The age limit are :
21-30 yrs for general
21-33 yrs for obc 21-35 for sc/st
AS your age is less than 21 so now you are not eligible you have to wait for while to opt for exam.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?