7th July 2011, 06:07 PM
patilamar1906

Am I eligible for IES and PSU if I am in last year in Automobile Engineering? For which sectors can I appear? Procedure for appearing for these exams?

I am Amar Narayan Patil.I am in the last year of the automobile engineering.
so am i eligible for IES & PSU exams?
For which sectors i can appear for this exams?
What is the procedures for appearing IES & PSU exam?

20th July 2011, 12:22 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for IES and PSU if I am in last year in Automobile Engineering? For which sectors can I appear? Procedure for appearing for these exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilamar1906 View Post
I am Amar Narayan Patil.I am in the last year of the automobile engineering.
so am i eligible for IES & PSU exams?
For which sectors i can appear for this exams?
What is the procedures for appearing IES & PSU exam?
For IES the eligibility criteria is you have to have age 21 years and Final year students are also eligible for this but one thing that they have to be for sure with the age of 21 years then only their eligibility lies with them. or else they had to definitely wait for another odd year to complete their graduation and then attempt for IES entrance examination.

But as far as I have knowledge there is no direct eligible group for you in IES i.e., for IES the most recruited Trades are only these as follows.
->ECE
->ETC
->Civil
->Mech
->EEE

You are definitely eligible but you should take the Mech or EEE branches for which you are applying jobs it may be a bit difficult for you but it is a must and should for it.

So you have no chance in this part you have to take anyone of the above branch to apply for the exam and then you have to attempt for the exam.

This is about your eligibility towards IES

and coming to the age for any govt job like whether it be any one of the UPSC they minimum ask your Age to be 21 years so lesser than that age are merely rejected at any stage.

This is all about the details of jobs which you have requested

all the best

Regards

~AdityA~
3rd August 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES and PSU if I am in last year in Automobile Engineering? For which sectors can I appear? Procedure for appearing for these exams?

i m pre final electrical engineering std i wnna join psu bt hav 2 clear way how 2 prepare so tat i it will b comfortable 2 me wen i reach in fina yr ???????????????????????????????????????
3rd August 2011, 02:01 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES and PSU if I am in last year in Automobile Engineering? For which sectors can I appear? Procedure for appearing for these exams?

Eligibility criteria for IES:-

**you have to compleate your graduation from any recognise univercity.[Final year students are also eligible for this]

**your age should must 21 years.

For IES the most recruited Trades are:-
**ECE
**ETC
**Civil
**Mech
**EEE

In my opinion You are eligible for Mech or EEE branches.

Best of luck!
3rd August 2011, 02:14 PM
genius_911

you can be eligible for

you are eligible for UPSC civil services examination in order to become an IES officer and the PSUs..
since the requirement to appear for UPSC is to have the degree of graduation in engg. from the recognised university.. Also the age limit criteria is there which is 21-30 years..
The maximum age limit for SC,ST candidates is 35 years and for the OBC is 33 years.
3rd August 2011, 03:31 PM
btcs11

Students of final year can very well apply for IES exams.
but IES(indian engineering services)exam which is conducted UPSC is for engineers must have academic qualification of bachelors degree in engineering from stream of:
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
As your stream of engineering is automobiles you are not eligible to apply for IES exam.

PSU exams are conducted for engineers in various stream.
There are several PSU(Public Sector Undertaking) companies in India which are conducting the exam on their own pattern for recruitment of different posts.
the companies under PSU are GAIL, SAIL, HPCL, BPCL, IOCL, NHPC, EIL, NTPC, ISRO,DRDO, VIZAG Steel, HLL, PDIL, BSNL, BARC, EKT
3rd August 2011, 05:21 PM
saurav9889

yes, since u are in your final yr. hence u can appear for ies and psu exams. since u are from automobile hence probably u have to appear from mech. branch since there are a very few sectors where automobile itself is a specific subject. for ies the exam is conducted by upsc in the month of may every yr for more info visit upsc.gov.in for psu there are many exams like ntpc,nhpc,sail,bhel,bel,cil,ongc etc.u have to individually appear for each exam.
23rd August 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

sir, please guide me the the competitive exams for the automobile engineering and i am in 2 year of automobile engineering....also , guide me for the best path ...
15th November 2011, 07:30 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello
For IES the eligibility criteria is you have to have age 21 years and Final year students are also eligible for this but one thing that they have to be for sure with the age of 21 years then only their eligibility lies with them. or else they had to definitely wait for another odd year to complete their graduation and then attempt for IES entrance examination.

But as far as I have knowledge there is no direct eligible group for you in IES i.e., for IES the most recruited Trades are only these as follows.
->ECE
->ETC
->Civil
->Mech
->EEE

You are definitely eligible but you should take the Mech or EEE branches for which you are applying jobs it may be a bit difficult for you but it is a must and should for it.

So you have no chance in this part you have to take anyone of the above branch to apply for the exam and then you have to attempt for the exam.

and coming to the age for any govt job like whether it be any one of the UPSC they minimum ask your Age to be 21 years so lesser than that age are merely rejected at any stage.
14th June 2012, 01:19 AM
onest

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?