27th June 2018, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in UPSC exams through Intermediate Arts?

Sir, I have got 2nd division in BSEB Board of 10th standard. I have secured 52.66% marks. I am interested to study Science but due to low marks, I have to choose Arts. But my aim is to prepare for UPSC exams. I would like to know that I can appear UPSC exams if I take Arts in my Intermediate?

28th June 2018, 11:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in UPSC exams through Intermediate Arts?

UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests it is a commission that conducts different entrance examinations for recruitment of central government employees at various posts.

But, at the same time I would like to mention one thing that UPSC examination is usually used to refer Civil Services examination and it is also held by UPSC once every year for recruitment as administrative officers like AS, IPS, IFS, etc. and which must be the same in your case and so I am providing you details regarding the minimum education required for appearing in the civil services examination.

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, even having opted for Arts stream for your Class 12th level you are eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination once you pursue your bachelor degree course after your intermediate academics ( provided you satisfy other eligibility conditions for the same examination ).

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 12:25 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in UPSC Civil Service examination after 12th in Arts or any other course

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor or other academic qualification.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

For examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 01:17 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to write UPSC entrance test having Arts stream.
But You have to complete graduation then only you will be eligible to write UPSC entrance test.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation as per rules and guidelines.
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
29th June 2018, 10:47 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years.

Relaxation is available for reserved category.

Candidate must be an Indian.

So, you can pursue Bachelor's degree to appear in UPSC exam.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 12:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is among the toughest examination and candidates after qualifying become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The required eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor from a recognised university.

Candidate's in final year of bachelor degree are also eligible to apply for examination.

There is no limitation on stream to appear in examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree even after pursuing Arts in your intermediate course.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 03:36 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The minimum educational qualification to appear in UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years.

Candidate must be an Indian.

So, you can opt any stream in 12th. But after 12th you must pursue Bachelor's degree.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 06:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination in Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in examination and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you will become eligible to appear in examination after completion of bachelor degree.

The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all the stages for final selection.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 07:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The full form of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

It is a examination conducting body. It conducts large number of examinations at national level like NDA, CDS, CAPF, Civil Services exam, Indian Engineering services exam etc.

If you are asking about UPSC Civil Services exam then you can apply only after bachelor's degree. You will be eligible if you opt for Arts in intermediate.
1st July 2018, 02:37 PM
Anushka Kashyap
Member+

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC exam with Arts stream but only after completing your graduation.

Right now, as an intermediate student, you can not appear in UPSC exam whatever your stream is.

UPSC conducts civil services exams like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc every year.

Educational qualification required for UPSC exams are mentioned below:-

1. Completion of graduation with arts stream and 50% marks.

2. Nationality:- Indian.

3. Age limit:- 21-30 years.

4. Age relaxation:- 3 years for OBC ad 5 years for SC/ST cadidates.

5. Physically and mentally fit.

Procedure of UPSC exams are:-

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains exam.

3. Personnel interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?