8th July 2011, 11:55 PM
ervaibhav78

Can I apply for any IT company with a percentage of below 60 in B.Tech?

My B.Tech (ece) %age is 59.6% . Can i apply in any IT company . A company that deires <60% in btech. ??

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-apply-company-59-6-b-tech-55345.html#ixzz1RXGxtDlg

15th July 2011, 09:23 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for any IT company with a percentage of below 60 in B.Tech?

You cannot meet the eligibility criteria of most of the companies.Usually many of the IT companies does not allow for applying because your aggregate is below the 60 % mark.Few up coming companies may select candidates below the 60 % mark but firms like Infosys, IBM, Mahindra Satyam, Wipro, Cognizant, Syntel..etc will not select candidates with this marks through campus selection.

Some of the companies like Wipro select candidates above 55% in campus selections and you can even apply for the companies like Wipro which recruit through the e-Recruitment System.You can apply for all the IT companies and try out in all the companies.Please visit each company website for more details.

Wipro-Click here
Infosys-Click here
Syntel-Click here
15th July 2011, 09:27 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for any IT company with a percentage of below 60 in B.Tech?

Yes you can but before applying check the full criteria of that company because some don’t accept the below percentage of 60% and some also accept this depend on the company.
15th July 2011, 09:34 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
well all the major reputed companies have eligiblity of minimum 60% but you may try in wipro which has 55 % are the eligiblity criteria
best of luck
15th July 2011, 09:42 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervaibhav78 View Post
My B.Tech (ece) %age is 59.6% . Can i apply in any IT company . A company that deires <60% in btech. ??

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-apply-company-59-6-b-tech-55345.html#ixzz1RXGxtDlg
Hello sir
sorry to say but your percentage do not fit onto the eligibility criteria of many IT companies you should not need to loose hope .
i think you need to personally visit to the website of companies and fill your education qualification .may be you fit on some companies criteria i think you should try
best of luck
15th July 2011, 10:13 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

your situation is very critical,

you short some marks to 60%.

So you are not able to seat some company

do not worry about this because you may apply some company

start your career with small company then grew first...........
15th July 2011, 10:18 PM
umathkavi

You are having a good scope after doing B.Tech (ECE) but you are not eligible to apply for the companies who are asking for 60% aggregate marks because your aggregate is less then required.

If you do MBA or M.tech then you will be having better opportunities.
16th July 2011, 12:23 AM
luckykai007

Hello friend .........

Generally now a days most of the multinational companies and the indian private companies keep the eligibility criteria as the minimum of the 60% of the marks in the B.Tech or the B.E degree and that too from the recognized university ...

But then there are some of the companies that recruit even with the marks below the 60% like that of the Wipro , Cognizant and others depending upon the location in which they are recruiting .....

So you can apply in these companies depending on the vacancies available ..

so best of luck
16th July 2011, 01:12 AM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervaibhav78 View Post

hey.......
i will suggest you that its better to not to go for engineering as because i know one of my brothers friend who got 59.93%....... in class 12 and he was not selected through his campusing ........ so 60% is must........ if you like go with my opinion then do some other course which is will be better for your future.......
16th July 2011, 07:08 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Hi friend,

You cannot meet the company in the campus recruitment because of low marks.
But you can either go for the direct interview in any of the companies and prove your practical talents.
Impressing of Programming skills you can shine in any of the IT industries.
Hi friend, Many IT jobs are available for B.Tech student.

List of Companies are:

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.Infosys
4.Accenture
5.HCL
6.Wipro
7.Mahindra
8. Apple
9.Dell
10.Machintosh
etc.,

All the best.
29th July 2011, 02:04 PM
brijeshgzp123

it is big problem for students.............

so......
please prepare for govt job there is not somuch criteria for % prspective.

private companies select student by based on % ..

thanks............
23rd August 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for TCS ,my aggrigate is 60% but not 60% in each year . i have distinction in 10th & 12th.
1st September 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

i am a final year student with 65% in 10th,65% till now in B-TECH but i have 51% only in 12th.so i just want to know for which company i am eligible.plz rply.i am in great frustration.
2nd September 2011, 01:12 AM
saugata2008

I thin as a fresher you can face some problems for your percentage. So I will suggest you to go for the smaller IT farms at first and get at least 2 to 3 years experienced . After 3 years you can go to the direct interviews in the top companies like -

TCS
CTS
IBM
Wipro
Infosys

Then you can impress them with your skills and expirience .

Thank you
6th September 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

hi sir

i m in final yr student with 70% in 10th,till 7.5 cgpa in btech but i have 3 yr gap in from 10th to 12th and also 51% in 12th. so i just want to know which company i am eligible. plez reply me and suggest me what would i do.
17th September 2011, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

i have 58% marks in b.sc. and i have secured 70% marks in mca can i apply for mnc .reply plz.
27th September 2011, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

sir i've 49.8% in b.e upto 6th sem, 66% in 10th, 54% in 12th, do i place any company
30th September 2011, 07:36 PM
shibendu

Yes my friend,
you can apply but there are so many IT companies you can not apply.

You can not apply for these companies :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.WIPRO
4.ACCENTURE

But you can apply for these companies :

1.Mindfire solutions
2.foradian technology
3.ABC group of technology
4.Brick and click
5.R.J software.
16th October 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

please list the companies who's eligibility criteria is less than 60%
27th January 2012, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for software companies with a percentage below 60 in 10th and 12th but in b.tech i have above 60%
12th November 2014, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir my b.e percentage is 59 so i m nt eligible for any IT company so i m going to do cdac...it is good decision or not??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?