27th January 2011, 05:44 PM
nbbk

IAS after graduation from Open University? Minimum percentage required?

To become an IAS the qualification is graduation?
If I do my graduation from Open University.
is it ok?
or it should be from regular college.
And what percentage is required.

Nahid

30th January 2011, 10:45 AM
surendergora

Smile Re: IAS after graduation from Open University? Minimum percentage required?

Yes , you are eligible even if you have done through open university .... minimum percentage is 50%.
31st January 2011, 11:40 PM
Rudraprasad

Default Re: IAS after graduation from Open University? Minimum percentage required?

Any graduate from any university are eligible.No percentage bar is there.Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
3rd February 2011, 02:54 PM

Default Re: IAS after graduation from Open University? Minimum percentage required?

my percentage in 2nd year B.A is 52% from Delhi university and the final year exams to be held on may.can i get admission for B.ED on this year before the final year exams result.
5th February 2011, 11:31 AM
kapila Chaudhary

Graduation is required for IAS.

for more details you can take the help of link:

http://www.civilserviceindia.com/

http://www.upscexam.com/
22nd February 2011, 05:36 PM

i am ankamma raju from andhra pradesh i am physically challenged person, i am 23 years old, i completed p u c, but my dream is i want to be a an i a s officer....
family belongs back ward class so, i desire to be an i a s officer...
please give some suggestions to become an i a s officer......
my e-mail is :[email protected]
i hope my dream is real by your guidelines....
7th March 2011, 11:56 AM

I am physicly handicap can i apply for ias
7th March 2011, 11:43 PM
drkpp

Yes, physically handicapped can appear for civil services examination.
A certain percentage of seats are reserved for them.
18th March 2011, 11:49 AM

I am Anand singh from mumbai.I have completed my HSC with less than 50% an i eligible for IAS or UPSC exam.
21st March 2011, 08:51 PM
aditya436

Thumbs up Re: IAS after graduation from Open University? Minimum percentage required?

yeah you are eligible for this examination

Qualification require for IAS

->you should have a degree from a recognized Indian University.

->you should have your minimum 21 years of age.

these are the basic qualifications of the UPSC CSE exam

how much percentage required for it
there is no such limit for this examination.

all you have to do is show your talent in that particular exam.

when to fill the form .and how to fil
you'll get a notification first regarding this then according to dates you have to submit the form and also you'll be provided the rules and regulations for how to fill the form

by which you can easily fill and submit them

hope you got all the information regarding this

for any further details get in to these links

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

~aditya
4th April 2011, 01:33 PM

hi! i am pallavi from pune i'm a commerce student 12 pass i'm going to appear for 1st yr i want to be come ias officer after my graduation i'm going to appear for ias exam i have 3 yr to prepare for exam how should i study for ... plz help me this is my goal i want to achive at any coast give me some advice my email addres is [email protected] plz inform me soon
11th April 2011, 01:10 PM

hi, I am prabasini from orissa .I am a commerce student B.com with MBA (FINANCE) .I want to come IAS OFFICER after MBA.What is minimum percentagge required for ias exam .ihave secure 58%in B.COM & IN MBA 68% in pvt. college .May i eligible for this post?please help me how to prepare my IAS exam & Give me any advice in my E-mail address is [email protected] give me more advice .
15th April 2011, 01:35 PM
pops07

There is no such minimum marks requirement criteria for IAS.

Because to become an IAS you should have completed your graduation first in any stream from any recognized university(even from open university)....that is the only educational criteria....then take a look at the following things.

1. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.

2. You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.
[Because you need to have very strong in that]

So if you fulfill the above conditions, you can easily crack IAS exam.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th April 2011, 08:44 AM

Sir I have compleated B.sc pass course and I have secured just 41% .Am I elligible for IAS exam ?
19th April 2011, 05:58 PM

what is the min percentage to be qualified for IAS entrance exam?
1st May 2011, 03:39 PM

I HAVE ONLY GET 33% MARKS IN GRADUATION (B.COM)PASS OPEN LEARNING SCHOOL OF DELHI.CAN I APPLY FOR MBA. IF I CAN THEN TELL ME THE BEST FOR MY CARRER.I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU.
2nd May 2011, 12:34 PM

fee structure for ias test and its preparation?
14th May 2011, 08:53 AM

Sir I have completed my graduation with 43% only and I got 70% in MBA Marketing, Am I eligible for IAS Exam?
14th May 2011, 10:16 PM

I have completed my gradution with 45% only. am I eligible fo IAS exam?
15th May 2011, 10:12 AM

i want to make ias officer i read which strem
15th May 2011, 03:55 PM
shermin

Yes you are eligible for IAS.Your age should be 21-30yrs.Percentage does not matter.
15th May 2011, 07:01 PM

I am Jitesh from {Himachal Pradesh} I'm physically handicap 'B.A1st' student. i'm going to appear for 1st yr i want to become IAS officer after my graduation i'm going to appear for IAS exam i have 2yr to prepare for exam how should i study for ... plz help me this is my goal i want to achieve at any coast give me some advice my email address is "[email protected]" plz inform me soon
29th May 2011, 02:21 PM

namaskar sir, sir,mera naam subhash he me apane friend jiska naam rohit he baar me janna chahta hu jo is saal 12th[art] class me fell gaya he ab wo 12th class open se kar raha he, kya wo 12th open se karne baad[b.a regular] se ias ke liye aply kar sakta he. dhnyawad
20th June 2011, 06:25 PM

WHICH BOOKS TO REFER FOR IAS ENTRANCE XAM AFTER MY 12TH COMMERCE XAM?????????????????????????????????
23rd June 2011, 02:33 PM

I have a 39% in my graduation. I have done BA program from Delhi University's correpondence program. Am I eligible to take the IAS entrance?
26th June 2011, 03:44 PM

Are it is compulsory to do graduation regular for I.A.S.
6th July 2011, 03:49 PM

Which marks to consider for Bank PO exams?
I have 50.5 % in B.Com hons.
And if i add pass subjects marks, the total comes to 45.46 %.
16th July 2011, 05:59 PM

sir is there no minimum % reqirement in graduation ??? can it be done with less than 50% ??
4th August 2011, 01:03 AM

sir, my dream is to be an ias officer i scored 50.67%in my degree. i'm eligible for ias enternace exam. if i'm eligible please reaply my mail id([email protected]).
i'm verry thankful to you sir.
4th August 2011, 03:23 PM

dear sir.

i am compleate my graduation with 44% mark and applying the IAS please confirm me
22nd August 2011, 09:42 PM

i have done bba can i do IAS officer
22nd August 2011, 09:46 PM

i have done bba can i do ias officer
7th September 2011, 04:34 PM

i am aisha fatma n m pursuing graduation from chemistry hons,i want become an IAS officer,BUT I don't know how much i obtained then i am eligible for my IAS prelim exam.will u please help me for knowing me.........
23rd September 2011, 03:26 PM

is diploma in electronics after 12th sufficient to apply for IAS ? or engineering is must ?
2nd October 2011, 05:59 PM

Respected sir, My younger brother passed B.A.LL.B from AMU and now practising as Advocate at Delhi, recently he appeared AJS (Assam Judicial Service Exams-2011),his age is 28 years. Sir, my brother long days dream for become IAS officer, but he confussed for its preparation, So kindly advice me about IAS preparation as well as when the next notification will be declared. I sincerely hope you may approve my respuest.
Kindly send your reply to my e-mail ID [email protected]

With regards, Md.Kaisore Ali, Gossaigaon (Assam).
2nd October 2011, 11:50 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello friend,

there is no any percentage required for IAS exam.....

IAS: Indian administrative service

this exam is conducted by UPSC every year for which the eligibility
criteria is;
>>you must be Indian
>>you age must be between 21-30 years
>>you should be graduate from any recognized university
>>as an appearing candidate you can also apply for the exam

as you are a graduate student so you are eligible for the exam

important date regarding exams

-date of notification- 04-02-12
-last date of form submission- 05-03-12
-date of examination- 20-05-12

for more information you can visit the official website of UPSC

www.upsc.gov.in
17th October 2011, 01:15 PM

Hello sir,

To attain the upsc exam what kind of book's i should i refer is their any free coaching for upsc exam sir please tell me sir i am in coimbatore.
17th October 2011, 11:27 PM
Fraction Down

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

Minimum no required in Graduation is 50%.

Paper pattern has changed in IAS 2012 exam.

Paper Pattern for IAS 2012 exam :-
Unlike present,now there are two objective type papers carrying equal marks, in which
1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks
2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.
Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

For more latest update on IAS 2012 visit : http://www.iasexam2012.in/.

important date

1.>date of notification- 04-02-12

2.>last date of form submission- 05-03-12

3.>date of examination- 20-05-12

best of luck.
19th October 2011, 02:20 PM

after the 10th (not done the 12th ) i have completed diploma & after that i have done bca (distance education ) in annamalli university iam eligible for ias exam. kindly tell me sir. thank you for your suggestion.
11th November 2011, 08:11 PM

Is it costly to choose ias as a carrier
15th November 2011, 11:02 AM
dravid999

you are eligible for this examination

you'll get a notification first regarding this then according to dates you have to submit the form and also you'll be provided the rules and regulations for how to fill the form

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

15th November 2011, 11:04 AM
dravid999

you are eligible for this examination

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

25th December 2011, 02:05 PM

to become an ias wha are the syllabus or which books are best to study
27th March 2012, 03:32 PM

i am b.com student completed my graduation from kashmir university with 49.56 percent. What wl i do next pls help me.
18th June 2012, 07:17 PM

my qualification B.A FROM MJP Rohilkhand university Barely correspondence 47.33% in complete 2010 may applicable for IAS
11th August 2012, 05:58 PM

sir. please tell me about the percentage of ias entrance exame and any book for ias prelims exames in 2013
6th September 2012, 11:47 AM

i have a degree of graduation about 44%. with english literature, geography & sociology..
please give me suggestion for IAS.
25th September 2012, 06:24 PM

can students of ignou apply for ias.
23rd June 2013, 02:27 AM

What is the minimum percentage required in graduation to appear in ias exam
19th March 2023, 06:24 PM

namaskar sir, sir,mera naam subhash he me apane friend jiska naam rohit he baar me janna chahta hu jo is saal 12th[art] class me fell gaya he ab wo 12th class open se kar raha he, kya wo 12th open se karne baad[b.a regular] se ias ke liye aply kar sakta he. dhnyawad
yes, after completing graduation you can apply for upsc ias.