25th July 2016, 03:16 PM
praneethpriya

Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completion of distance BCA?

I am the student of BCA through Distance Education. I have a dream to become an IAS Officer. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completing my Distance BCA? Please tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Which one is better for me from job point of view between BCA Distance and BCA Regular? Will I be eligible to apply for Bank, SSC, UPSC exam after BCA in distance mode?
  2. Can I be eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 54$ in 10th, 63% in 12th and 65% in BCA?
  3. Can a BBA(Distance) candidate apply for IAS exam? Are only degree holders from Indian Universities eligible for IAS?
  4. How to apply for IAS or IPS exam? I am a final semester student of BCA
  5. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completion of diploma course?
  6. Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?
  7. How can I prepare for IAS officer exam or UPSC exam after doing BCA with PTU distance?
  8. Am I eligible to give UPSC exam to apply for IAS being a B.Sc graduate?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of BCA course?
  10. What is the procedure followed to apply for the sub inspector police job in Kerala after completion of BCA in distance mode? -- [New]
  11. Can I apply for IAS after completion of graduation in distance mode?
  12. Is Karnataka State Open University recognized by Government of India? Can I apply for UPSC exam after distance learning B.Tech.(CS) from KSOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for UPSC IAS 2016?
  14. Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if pursuing BCA?
  16. How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam?
  17. Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?
  18. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for B.Sc with M.Sc student?
25th July 2016, 10:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completion of distance BCA?

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The eligibility criteria for this examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination. If you have done bachelor's degree in computer application in distance mode then your institute must be approved by Distance Education council and UGC.

If your institute is approved by these two bodies then you are eligible for Civil Services examination. The age limit for examination is 21-32 years for candidates of reserved category and three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. There are three stages for this exam namely preliminary, mains and interview.
25th July 2016, 11:21 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

If you have done your graduation course in distance mode then you are not eligible for the IAS entrance exam conducted by UPSC. Because the education criteria to apply in UPSC IAS entrance exam is to have Graduate degree from an authorized University of India.
The other eligibility criteria for UPSC IAS entrance exam is mentioned as below :

1- A candidate should must have Graduate degree in any streams.

2- Age Criteria : Candidate age should have in between 21 to 30 for general candidates and 21 to 37 years for OBC candidates & no age limit for SC/ST candidates.

The exam pattern of UPSC entrance exam :

There will be two part of exam,

1- Preliminary examination - In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.

A- General studies
B- Optional Paper

2- Personal Interview - Once you clear this exam you will be called for Personal interview and selection will only be decided after interview.
26th July 2016, 12:02 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you can apply for the all civil service exam.candidates who have completed there graduation in distance mode are eligible for UPSC exam.

Eligibility:-

->>Candidates should have graduation degree in any branch from UGC recognized university.

->>You can also apply in final year of graduation.

->>Age should be between 21 to 30 years

->>Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
26th July 2016, 12:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneethpriya View Post
I am the student of BCA through Distance Education. I have a dream to become an IAS Officer. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completing my Distance BCA? Please tell me asap.
After completion of BCA course, you are eligible to apply for UPSC IAs exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Edit/Delete Message
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?