1st March 2011, 04:00 PM
krishanbansal24

Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

can i apply for iit-jee2012-13 after passout in diploma in 2010?tell me if please.

1st March 2011, 06:54 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

Yes you can surely apply for it.

Gap of 2 years?

I dont think there will be a problem. There will be a problem only if you had answer JEE before as they say you can answer JEE for consecutive 2 attemtps

Can I apply for IIT JEE?

There colleges of National importance however dont provide direct 2nd year admission but you can get admission in 1st year. If not then you can apply for different private institutes. Yes you are eligible after completing you diploma

If not IIT JEE?

There are many entrance test which offer lateral entry in different institutes in India wto direct 2nd year.

Some of the entrance exams are

IPUCET
State CET
Thapar
LEET
etc

The eligiblity criteria for getting into direct 2nd year is that you should get atleast 60% in you diploma. Only then you will be eligible for the entrance test or the college fr admission
1st March 2011, 07:24 PM
yogs.singh

Default Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

sorry to say that you can not apply for the IIT

because as you are saying that you took a gap of two years

in IIT only one year gap is allowed .

but you can apply for

AIEEE

STATE CET

COMMID K

VIT

AND MANY PRIVETE COLLEGES.
1st March 2011, 07:43 PM
kaladhar Gunnala

yaa u can apply but you need to try a bit harder for the entrance examination for IITjee
1st March 2011, 07:56 PM
shalinimaurya

yes you can apply.
but dont do gap after diploma; you can apply for 2nd year.
1st March 2011, 08:11 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

Yes, you can appear for IITjee because they only require that you have passes 12th with atleast 60%.
You may also appear for AIEEE, VIT, DTU, BITS... these are very good institutes only second IITs.

But if you dont get selection in any of these , then you can appear for these exams to get admission directly to second year.

IPUCET
State CET
Thapar
LEET
etc

The eligiblity criteria for getting into direct 2nd year is that you should get atleast 60% in you diploma.
1st March 2011, 09:40 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

yes u can apply
1st March 2011, 10:01 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishanbansal24 View Post
can i apply for iit-jee2012-13 after passout in diploma in 2010?tell me if please.
You can not apply for IIT-JEE exam .Only 12th pass out student can give IIT-JEE exam.
2nd March 2011, 12:53 AM
KHOPRI DADA
Banned

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

Gap of 2 years?

I dont think there will be a problem. There will be a problem only if you had answer JEE before as they say you can answer JEE for consecutive 2 attemtps

Can I apply for IIT JEE?

There colleges of National importance however dont provide direct 2nd year admission but you can get admission in 1st year. If not then you can apply for different private institutes. Yes you are eligible after completing you diploma

If not IIT JEE?

There are many entrance test which offer lateral entry in different institutes in India wto direct 2nd year.

best of luck.....................
2nd March 2011, 03:23 AM
KHOPRI DADA
Banned

hiiiiiiiiiii,

Gap of 2 years?

Can I apply for IIT JEE?

There colleges of National importance however dont provide direct 2nd year admission but you can get admission in 1st year. If not then you can apply for different private institutes. Yes you are eligible after completing you diploma.

best of luck...................
2nd March 2011, 08:56 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

Yes you can write the IIT -JEE because the

qualification for IIT is : 10 + 2 or its equivalents.....

So you can apply but thier is a twist that unlike other Engineering college you will get admission into 1st year ....

ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE
2nd March 2011, 09:33 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Cool Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishanbansal24 View Post
yes you can apply for the exam. there are two chances to apply for the exam i.e. you can apply in two consecutive years. if you have not applied for the exam earlier, then you are eligible to give the exam.
there is also an age limit of 25 years for the exam. so you must make sure that you are under this age limit.
otherwise there will be no problem in giving the exam.
2nd March 2011, 02:34 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

" NO " you cannot apply for IIT-JEE exam after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them.

Eligibility Criteria for IIT-JEE exam: -

1. Passed 10+2 exam from a recognized central board / state board.

2. A candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only.

3. A candidate must be physically fit.

4. A 10+2 appearing candidates are also eligible for IIT-JEE exam.

For more details visit www.iitjee.org

Good Luck
3rd March 2011, 03:29 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

well two year GAP is not allowed in IIT JEE exam u have to take exam within 1 years of
completing your 12th class .it mean that you can give only 2 times the IIT JEE PAPER .

but there are many other competitive exam which you can give

AIEEE

STATE CET
3rd March 2011, 07:49 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them
Yes, you can appear for IITjee because they only require that you have passes 12th with atleast 60%.
You may also appear for AIEEE, VIT, DTU, BITS... these are very good institutes only second IITs.
But if you dont get selection in any of these , then you can appear for these exams to get admission directly to second year.
IPUCET
State CET
Thapar
LEET
the eligiblity criteria for getting into direct 2nd year is that you should get atleast 60% in you diploma.

good luck
3rd March 2011, 08:49 AM
kaladhar Gunnala

Post Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalinimaurya View Post
yes you can apply.
but dont do gap after diploma; you can apply for 2nd year.
As u told that u have a gap of 2 years so it is not allowed ,they accept only one year gap after your diploma , but u can apply for AIEEE, VIT , STATE CET.
3rd March 2011, 03:00 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Yes, you can apply for IIT JEE - 2012 if you have passed 3 or 4 year Diploma coourse recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

You must also secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in your qualifying exam(QE) if you belong to GE, OBC and DS categories whereas, if you belong to SC, ST and PD categories then you must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.

Please note that one can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years, so don't waste your time. If you are determined to crack IIT JEE than prepare thoroughly & appear for it next year without wasting your time.

For more details on IIT JEE eligibility criteria follow this link:
http://entrance.icbse.com/iitjee/eligibility/
3rd March 2011, 07:11 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can i apply for IIT-JEE after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them?

as my friend also experienced the same problem..

my answer may help you...

when he was in 12th i.e.2008

he also had gap of one year..

then he was asked to show the proof of gap.

actually he happened to be sick due to cholera..

so he had not taken classes for complete one year..

so he had a gap of one year..

when his problem became serious he went to the hospital which he got admited and got a certificate from there ...

and again he submited in the mro office and they issued him a gap certificate ..
then he was allowed to write JEE

the conclusion whatever may be the gap ..you have to produce the gap certificate..

hope my answer helped you ..

all the best

~aditya~
8th May 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

can u tell me please that how many 12th passout student were qualified in iitjee 2010 or what is its ratio to appearing students approximately.
18th August 2011, 07:19 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

27th September 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am mukesh from delhi I did 10th in 2007 from uttaralkand board and then2009 and 2010 I droped my 12th exams ,and recently I did 12th within 81% from NIOS Can i apply for IIT-JEE exams in 2012 pls help me thanks
27th September 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am mukesh from delhi I did 10th in 2007 from uttaralkand board and then2009 and 2010 I droped my 12th exams ,and recently I did 12th within 79% from NIOS Can i apply for IIT-JEE exams in 2012 pls help me thanks
28th September 2011, 01:35 AM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,

as my friend also experienced the same problem..

my answer may help you...

when he was in 12th i.e.2008

he also had gap of one year..

then he was asked to show the proof of gap.

actually he happened to be sick due to cholera..

so he had not taken classes for complete one year..

so he had a gap of one year..

when his problem became serious he went to the hospital which he got admited and got a certificate from there ...

and again he submited in the mro office and they issued him a gap certificate ..
then he was allowed to write JEE

the conclusion whatever may be the gap ..you have to produce the gap certificate..

hope my answer helped you ..

Thanks
27th October 2011, 03:14 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

IPUCET
State CET
Thapar
LEET
etc

The eligiblity criteria for getting into direct 2nd year is that you should get atleast 60% in you diploma.
27th October 2011, 03:16 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

IPUCET
State CET
Thapar
LEET
etc

28th October 2011, 06:57 PM
leo-rocks

sorry friends, you cannot apply for IIT-JEE exam after completing Diploma with a gap of 2 years between them.

Eligibility Criteria for IIT-JEE exam: -

Passed 10+2 exam from a recognized central board / state board.

A candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only.

A candidate must be physically fit.

A 10+2 appearing candidates are also eligible for IIT-JEE exam.

THANKS
28th October 2011, 07:19 PM
jeo-rocks

sorry to say that you can not apply for the IIT
because as you are saying that you took a gap of two years
but you can apply for
AIEEE
STATE CET
VIT
AND MANY PRIVETE COLLEGES.

thanks
31st October 2011, 09:28 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,Yes you apply for it.

Gap of 2 years?

Can I apply for IIT JEE?

If not IIT JEE?

Some of the entrance exams are

IPUCET
State CET
Thapar
LEET
etc......
Best up luck,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?