30th March 2017, 03:09 PM
khushigautam007

Can I apply for IPS exam while pursuing 2nd year BA course? How should I prepare for the exam?

Respected Sir, My name is Khushboo Gautam and I am pursuing my Graduation with BA, I am in the 2nd year of the course. I want to apply for IPS exam so I want to know can I apply for IPS exam while pursuing 2nd year BA course? How should I prepare for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  2. How can I prepare for IPS exam while in B.A 2nd year?
  3. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  4. Am I eligible for IAS and IPS Exams pursuing my 2nd year of MBBS? How to prepare for these exams?
  5. How to apply for IPS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of B.Com?
  6. Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year?
  7. Detailed Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?
  8. How can I prepare for IPS exam if I am a student of M.E 2nd year and what is the procedure
  9. How to prepare for IPS exam? Procedure for the exam? I am a student of BCA 2nd year
  10. How can I become an IPS officer after doing BCA in 2nd year? Books to be referred for IPS?
  11. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?
  12. Is IPS entrance exam tough? I am doing B.Com 2nd year student
  13. B.Com student can apply for IPS exam? What should be the minimum marks to apply for IPS exam?
  14. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  15. How to prepare for IPS exam while pursuing engineering from computer science?
  16. How to prepare to become an IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to prepare for becoming an IPS officer for 2nd year B.Tech student?
  18. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
15th April 2017, 05:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS exam while pursuing 2nd year BA course? How should I prepare for the exam?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC while pursuing in 2nd year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or pursuing in final year of course. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, now you can only prepare for examination. To qualify in examination you need to prepare with a proper strategy and syllabus recommended by UPSC at official website www.upsc.gov.in.
27th January 2018, 09:40 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS exam while pursuing 2nd year BA course? How should I prepare for the exam?

You are not eligible to apply for IPS examination conducted by UPSC every year as you are still studying your 2nd year of BA.
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Graduation or an equivalent examination pass in any discipline from UGC approved college or institution and there is no aggregate marks percentage criteria in graduation to apply for this exam.
Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are as per government of India policies and regulations.
Maximum number of attempts allowed for this examination are :
* 6 times for General candidates
* 9 times for OBC candidates
* No such restriction for SC and ST category candidates.
And the selection procedure of this IPS examination is preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview, medical fitness test.
For further information please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2018, 10:26 PM
Ramabai L

Candidate on who wants to become IPS need to complete their degree in any stream in a recognized University or college. Then only he/she will be able to apply for the Civil Service exam which is conducted by UPSC for yearly once.

-> Selection Procedure - Preliminary, Main exam and Interview.

-> Required age - general category 21 to 32, for OBC 21 to 35, for SC/ST 21 to 37 age relaxation is given.

-> No of Attempts - for general category candidates 6 time, for OBC category candidates 9 time, for SC/ST there is no any limits of attempts required.

-> Candidates will check out the site www.upsc.gov.in for more information like syllabus, exam date, previous question paper, etc.
31st January 2018, 05:30 PM
frootyscooty

No. You can not apply for IPS Exam while pursing 2nd year BA course.

Do not get disappointed. You can apply for IPS Exam while pursuing 3rd year of BA course.

IPS Exam is Civil Services Exam run by UPSC where 2 written tests are there Preliminary Exam and Main Exam.

Your approach is good to start preparation. There are Civil Services coaching centers.

Join in them and start preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?