13th December 2016, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year?

Respected Sir, I am Avantika and I am 18 years old, I have completed class 12th and then pursuing B.Sc 2nd year. I want to apply for NDA exam so can you tell me can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam?
  2. Can I apply for NDA Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Sc and having secured 50% in 12th?
  3. Can a Female student apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA?
  4. Can a Female Candidate apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria required and what is the procedure to apply for the exam?
  5. Am I eligible to get job in DRDO if pursuing B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year from Deemed University? Age limit to apply for female candidate?
  6. Eligibility to study DGO in Abroad for BAMS 2nd year female candidate?
  7. Can I apply for BARC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Sc?
  8. Can I write NDA exam while pursuing BBA course? Please tell me the procedure to apply for the exam?
  9. How to apply for KCET Exam being a candidate pursuing Intermediate 2nd year of Bi. P.C?
  10. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  11. How to apply for B.Sc in Agriculture or Biotechnology being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BAMS in Bangalore?
  12. What are the career opportunities in Airline Field after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a female Arts student with 152 cms height?
  14. Is it possible to take admission for 3rd year of B.Sc in Microbiology being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  15. Can I apply for NET Exam for HR or Economics being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MBA course?
  16. Can I apply for IPS exam while pursuing 2nd year BA course? How should I prepare for the exam? -- [New]
  17. How to join Indian Army after 12th science?
  18. Can I apply for NDA exam after completing BA Economics Honors?
15th December 2016, 05:12 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year?

No, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. Only Unmarried Male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination.

Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

3. You should have completed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
15th December 2016, 05:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year?

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

As, only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in Defence services.

But, you will be eligible to join Defence services through CDS, AFCAT etc.
15th December 2016, 06:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for providing training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an aim to become a defense commissioned officer.

--> NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

So it is quite evident from above mentioned eligibility criteria that being a female candidate you are not eligible for appearing in the same examination.

But you have the option of similar entry i.e; recruitment as Commissioned officer, through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) once you complete your graduation.

For more details about CDS and NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2016, 06:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

National Defence Academy examination eligibility criteria:

Minimum of 10+2 as academic qualification is required for this examination.

Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Male candidates who are unmarried are eligible for this exam.

Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. You can not apply for this exam.
15th December 2016, 06:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, female candidates are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. It is clearly mentioned in eligibility criteria for NDA examination that only unmarried male candidates can apply for this examination.

If you are so much interested to join Defence then you can apply for Combined Defence Services in final year of Bachelor of science to join different academies of Defence.
15th December 2016, 06:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

As per UPSC eligibility criteria to appear for NDA examination.

Girls candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA examination which is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB.
19th December 2016, 10:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am Avantika and I am 18 years old, I have completed class 12th and then pursuing B.Sc 2nd year. I want to apply for NDA exam so can you tell me can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year? If yes then please tell me the procedure.
No, female candidates are not eligible NDA exam. Only male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?