7th August 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for LLB after passing 12th? I am 21 years old and from OBC category

I passed 12th. my age is 21 years. I am OBC catagory. can I apply for LLB ?

26th September 2012, 06:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for LLB after passing 12th? I am 21 years old and from OBC category

You are eligible for integrated B.A LL.B or BBA, LL.B course. Duration of the course is 5 years. Selection to the course is done on the basis of entrance exams. CLAT is the most common entrance exam conducted for the purpose. You can expect reservation at the time of admission, as you belong to OBC category.
4th September 2013, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for LLB after passing 12th? I am 21 years old and from OBC category

I want to know what is the maximum age to apply for LLB? And how to apply for entrance exams?
4th September 2013, 04:51 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hello Friend,

Yes you can apply for LLB after passing Class XII.For that you have to appear for Common Law Admission Test entrance examination.

Eligibility required for CLAT:

-> Candidate have to pass Class XII board exam or any equivalent examination from recognized board.

-> Candidate have to score at least 45% marks in Class XII board examination.
for SC/ST/OBC 40% marks required.

-> Age of candidate must not exceed 20 years as on 1st July of the year of examination.2 years age relaxation is given for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

-> Candidate must be a citizen of Indian.

For apply in CLAT examination you have to visit the website

www.clat.ac.in

All the best.
4th September 2013, 05:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you belong to OBC category it would not be possible for you to appear for the Common Law Admission Test. This exam is conducted for BA LLB degree course which is recommended for candidates who have finished 12th standard.

You are not eligible because of the age limit. The age limit for the CLAT is 20 years. This is applicable on General and OBC. While for SC/ST the age limit is 22 years. This essentially means that you are not eligible for the Common Law Admission Test.

Therefore you will have to go through the other procedure. First you will have to complete graduation degree. You can complete any graduation course. Be it B.com, BA, B.Tech or any other course.

You just have to ensure that college is recognized. Once you have completed graduation then you will be able to apply for the LLB course of 3 years.

In case you are wondering about the difference BA LLB and LLB, let me clear your doubts. The BA LLB is 5 years long course which integrates a bachelor degree like BA, B.com and the LLB course. This is ideal for candidates who have completed 12th standard.

While the 3 years LLB is simply the law course for which you must have completed graduation. Apart from that there is no difference between the two courses. Both holds same value.

LLB Eligibility

1. You must have completed Bachelor's degree.

2. With 45 to 50 percent marks.

3. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST.

4. No relaxation is offered to OBC.

5. You should be less than 30 years to apply.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. No age relaxation is offered to OBC.
5th September 2013, 08:19 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "LLB" stands for Bachelor of Law. This course is pursued by those candidates who want to become lawyer and practice law.

To pursue LLB course , candidates need to qualify the Common Law Admission Test [CLAT]. This test is conducted every year where the required educational qualification is 12th from any recognized board.

Since , you fulfill the educational qualification but even then you are not eligible for the Common Law Admission Test because the upper age limit for General and OBC Candidates is 20 years which you have crossed.

The Upper age limit for SC/ST Candidates is 22 years.

So unfortunately due to age factor you have no chance left to appear for the test.

If you are so interested in pursuing the LLB Course , then you have an other option left through which you can do the same.

For this you have to complete graduation first in any discipline from any recognized board/university.

After completing Graduation , you can directly take admission in LLB Course which have a time span of 3 years.

The Qualifications Required for LLB Course are :

** The candidate must hold a Bachelor`s degree in any stream from any recognized college/university.

** The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation.

** A relaxation of 5% marks is given to SC/ST Candidates.

** No relaxation in marks is given to OBC Candidates.

** The age limit must lie in between 21-30 years for General Candidates.

** 3 years relaxation is granted to OBC Candidates whereas 5 years upper age relaxation is granted to SC/ST Candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
5th September 2013, 07:20 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law. Those candidates who have a dream to become a lawyer will pursue this course.

A Common Law Admission Test [CLAT] is conducted in a year for those candidates who have 10+2 / Intermediate degree with a dream to become a lawyer.

You have the educational qualification for CLAT but unfortunately you have no chance to take up this examination because the minimum age limit set for General and OBC candidates is 20 years. Only a two year relaxation in age is granted for candidates belonging to SC/ST quota.

But this is not the end, if you want to become a lawyer you have another option left.

The eligibility criteria is described below:

* Complete graduation in any stream with 50% marks from a recognized college university.

After graduation candidate can take admission in LLB course .

* A relaxation of 5% marks is granted to candidates belonging to SC/ ST quota.

* The age must be in between 21-30 years.

** A relaxation in age of 3 years is granted to candidates of OBC category where as 5 years to the SC/ st Candidates.

This is the all I have to share with you

Thanks.
13th December 2013, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed 12th. my age is 21 years. I am OBC catagory. can I apply for LLB ?
KYA ME LLB KAE SAKTA HU MAINE 12th 58% SE PASS KYA HAI
25th February 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

How can i apply for BA LLB. What are the procedures
8th April 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for LLB after passing 12th? I am 21 years old and from General category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?