16th July 2011, 12:12 AM
akshay akhil sharma

Can I apply for NDA Entrance Exam?

my name is akshay sharma my birth date is 3 sep 1993 , can i apply for NDA entrance exam 2012?

16th July 2011, 12:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA Entrance Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay akhil sharma View Post
my name is akshay sharma my birth date is 3 sep 1993 , can i apply for NDA entrance exam 2012?
NDA Examination Eligiblity Criteria -

UPSC conducts the NDA Examination Twice In a Year And to apply for NDA Examination you need to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised University, And only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1996 are eligible.

So, As per your given Date Of Birth You are eligible for NDA Examination.

But For This Year NDA I examination was already completed and NDA II examination was going to be held on 21/Aug/2011, But you can apply for this examination because the Last date of Apply for NDA Examination was already Over.

So, please wait for Next year NDA I examination, the Notification was published in the employment newspaper in the month of October This Year, So To apply for NDA Examination Your age should be 16.5 to 19 years. Eligible candidates may apply for NDA Examination Online.

And for more information, Please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
16th July 2011, 02:36 PM
kritika@Hans

hello
friend
the age limit is 16.5 - 19 years so you are eligible for it
best of luck
16th July 2011, 02:38 PM
kritika@Hans

hello
friend
the age limit is 16.5 - 19 years so you are eligible for it
best of luck
16th July 2011, 03:11 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

National Defence Academy Exam

Yes, You are eligibile for NDA

Age limit: The age limit is candidates born between 02-07-1993 and
1-01-1996. Only male unmarried person are eligible for this.

Educational qualification:

For Army, candidates pass with 12th or equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board (OR) a university.

For Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy, candidates pass with 12th or equivalent exam conducted by State Education Board or university with physics and mathematics subjects.

Application fee: Candidates those who apply online cash deposited in any
branches of SBI of Rs 50/- (No fee for SC/ST candidates), or online by net banking or by credit/debit. Who apply Offline Rs 100/- through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp (CRFS) only.

To apply: Candidates can apply through online or offline.

But form have filled for NDA II, and exam date is 21-08-2011.
16th July 2011, 03:25 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
It is important to fulfill all the eligibility criteria's or else the application will be rejected. The age limit set is that the candidate must be born on or after 2nd January 1993 and before 1st July 1995. Since you were born in between this period you are eligible to apply. You also need to fulfill the other criteria's. First of all you need to be citizen of the country. You must healthy in terms of the height to the body weight comparison. Another important criteria is that the candidate must be unmarried. Only male candidates are allowed to apply. In terms of qualification it is a must that you must have completed your 12th standard.
16th July 2011, 03:31 PM
mandiv

hi
the age limit for NDA is 16.5 - 19 years
next year you will turn to 19 so that would be the last attempt for you to apply for nda
make sure you have completed 10+2 with minimum 60%
16th July 2011, 03:33 PM
navneet31

dear friend,

the eligibility for the entrance exam of nda are

after 12th and science stream
the candidate have 16.5year to 25year
16th July 2011, 03:59 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Information Regarding NDA Examination

National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is conducted by UPSC twice in every year once in the month of April and another in the month of August. The UPSC conducts NDA examination for the admission in Indian Navy, Indian Army and Air Force wing of NDA. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.

To appear in the NDA examination you need the following eligibility criteria :
Educational Qualification = Pass 12th class.
Age Limit = The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

If your 3rd September 1993 then according to eligibility criteria you are eligible to apply for NDA examination in 2012. You can apply online on the official website of UPSC or you can obtained offline application form at the head post office of your city.

For any more information regarding NDA examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
16th July 2011, 04:10 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

UPSC conducts NDA exam to select students to various forces in defence.They conducts NDA exam twice a year which is written exam followed by SSB and Medical exam

AS the NDA II 2011 eliigbility was

Unmarried man whose date of birth was 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1996 were eligible which means that the eligibility for 2012 is going to be ::

Your date of birth should be between 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 are eligible.So which means that you will not be eligible for the next NDA exam of 2012.

For more information ::http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th July 2011, 11:16 PM
Tushar93

Quote:
Sorry friend,

As per the the eligibility conditions of NDA 1 2011 and NDA 2 2011, you are not eligible for NDA in 2012.

You were eligible to apply for NDA 1 and 2 in 2011.

However it will be very much clear when the actual notifications comes.
To see previous trends visit www.upsc.gov.in
16th July 2011, 11:57 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Yes, according to your data you are also eligible for this exam.

For This Year NDA I examination was already completed and NDA II examination was going to be held on 21/Aug/2011, But you can not apply for this examination because the Last date of Apply for NDA Examination was already Over.

so, please prepare for the next year.
17th July 2011, 10:38 AM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for NDA Entrance Exam?

dear friend:-
first of all i want to tell you that
UPSC(union public service commission) conducts the NDA examination twice in a year.
also if you want to apply for NDA Examination you have to complete your 12th class exams.
also a candidate must has the age between 2nd July, 1993 and 1st January, 1996 .

as your date of birth comes between it .so you can apply for it.
if you want more information about it you can see its website that is
www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
18th July 2011, 10:50 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

NDA Eligibility
Nationality
A candidate must either be :
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
“Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1995 are eligible”.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Note 1 : Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate AVAILABLE on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 2 : Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at aNY subsequent examination on any Ground Whatsoever.
Note 3 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken Against them by the Commission under the Rules.
Note 4 : Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the Date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent examination will not be selected for training. A candidate who maRRies during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
Educational Qualifications :
(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
SUCH CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY THE SSB INTERVIEW BUT COULD NOT PRODUCE MATRICULATION/10+2 OR EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL AT THE TIME OF SSB INTERVIEW SHOULD FORWARD THE CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH PHOTO COPIES THEREOF TO ‘ADDL DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, ARMY HQ, WEST BLOCK-III, R.K.PURAM, NEW DELHI-110 066′ AND FOR NAVAL ACADEMY CANDIDATES TO NAVAL ‘HEADQUARTERS,DMPR (OI& R) SECTION, ROOM NO 204, ‘C’ WING, SENA BHAWAN, NEW DELHI – 110 011′ BY 5th December, 2011 FAILING WHICH THEIR CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WHO HAVE PRODUCE THEIR MATRICULATION AND 10+2 PASS OR EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL AT THE TIME OF ATTENDING THE SSB INTERVIEW AND HAVE GOT THE SAME VERIFIED BY THE SSB AUTHORITIES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE SAME TO ARMY HQ OR NAVAL HQ AS THE CASE MAY BE. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/Photostat copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
Note 1 : Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
Note 2 : Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 5th December 2011) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
Note 3 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Note 4 : Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
18th July 2011, 03:42 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for NDA exam-
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC...

Educational Qualification-

*One must have complete the 12th with physics, maths, chemistry..
*one must have secure 60%marks in 12th..

Age criteria-

*The age should be in between 16-19years..
There is no SC/ST , OBC criteria...

*The candidate must be physically fit like- Eye sight, Hight, Weight, Color blindness etc..

If you fulfill the criteria you can seat in NDA exam..

As per your date of birth you are eligible for NDA exam... So, go for it..

All the best..
18th July 2011, 09:23 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
According to my calculation, your age will be 19 in 2012....

Normally, NDA exam is held twice in a year, in the month of April and September.

So at the time of April exam, your age will be 18+...but at the time of september exam, your age will be already 19.

But according to eligibility criteria...

The candidate should be between 16-1/2 to 19 years of age.

So I think you will be eligible for the NDA I and not for NDA II.

So keep updated yourself....

http://upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

my name is prakash kumar my birth date 12/05/1992 ,can i appiy for nda entrance exam 2011
5th August 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

my birth date 12.05.1992
6th August 2011, 08:51 AM
Tushar93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is prakash kumar my birth date 12/05/1992 ,can i appiy for nda entrance exam 2011
Sorry Prakash,

You are not eligible for any NDA test further since you have exceeded the age limit for the same.
the age limit is 16.5 yrs to 19 yrs as o the commencement of the course.

I suggest you go for other options such as civil services, engineering services, MBA, etc. that are in many respect better than NDA.
So buck up and best of luck for the future
10th August 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam helen and My dob is 1march92 can i apply for nda 12?
30th September 2011, 10:50 AM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC every years for two times.
for appear in this exam you must have 12th degree with PCM group with at least 60%.
the age limit for this exam exam is 16.5-19.
this exam is only for unmarried males.

But For This Year NDA I examination was already completed and NDA II examination was going to be held on 21/Aug/2011, But you can apply for this examination because the Last date of Apply for NDA Examination was already Over.
30th September 2011, 07:15 PM
shrijan00

hy,
generally its eligibility critarea is the eligibility for the entrance exam of nda are

after 12th and science stream
the candidate have 16.5year to 25year
22nd January 2013, 08:57 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Dear Friend, you have just mentioned about your date of birth but there's also a eligibility of your qualification to join the Indian army. The minimum qualification is 10+2. If you have this then you may definitely apply for this post. Here, I'm providing you the complete detail of NDA and also some good institutes for better coaching/preparation for the exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. It's really good you want to protect our nation by joining NDA. Here, I'm providing you the brief detail about this.

Eligibility:

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from recognized board with at least 55 percent marks.

2. Age Limit: 16.5-19 years

3. Only male candidates can apply.

4. The candidate must be citizen of India.

5. Only unmarried male candidates allowed.

Selection Procedure:

1. Written Examination Conducted by UPSC.

2. Interview Taken by SSB.

3. Medical Test by SMB

Best NDA Coaching Institutes in Kolkata:

1. Career Point

2. Career Guide

3. Aliento Academy

4. ICS

5. Bhowanipore Tutorial Home

6. Brilliant Academy

7. SSB Coaching

8. New Careers Academy

9. Minerva Academy

10. Dream Institute of Technology

Thanks........
22nd January 2013, 09:00 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I apply for NDA Entrance Exam?

Dear Friend, you have just mentioned about your date of birth but there's also a eligibility of your qualification to join the Indian army. The minimum qualification is 10+2. If you have this then you may definitely apply for this post. Here, I'm providing you the complete detail of NDA and also some good institutes for better coaching/preparation for the exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. It's really good you want to protect our nation by joining NDA. Here, I'm providing you the brief detail about this.

Eligibility:

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from recognized board with at least 55 percent marks.

2. Age Limit: 16.5-19 years

3. Only male candidates can apply.

4. The candidate must be citizen of India.

5. Only unmarried male candidates allowed.

Selection Procedure:

1. Written Examination Conducted by UPSC.

2. Interview Taken by SSB.

3. Medical Test by SMB

Best NDA Coaching Institutes in Kolkata:

1. Career Point

2. Career Guide

3. Aliento Academy

4. ICS

5. Bhowanipore Tutorial Home

6. Brilliant Academy

7. SSB Coaching

8. New Careers Academy

9. Minerva Academy

10. Dream Institute of Technology

Thanks........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?