22nd January 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA entrance exam after passing first year engineering at an age of 18?

i am first year engneering student& i am 18 years old . so can i apply to the nda entrance examination ?

23rd January 2012, 06:57 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA entrance exam after passing first year engineering at an age of 18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am first year engneering student& i am 18 years old . so can i apply to the nda entrance examination ?
Nice to see that you are Interested in NDA Examination and to apply for this year NDA (I) Examination you have to fulfill the given Requirements :

>> Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 are eligible for NDA Examination, It means your age should not be more than 19 years at the time of Commencement of Training.

>> You have to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised University with maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects.

>> If you have not study Maths and Physics in your 12Th examination then you are only eligible for Army wings of NDA.

Other Mandatory Requirements :
---------------------------

>> You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease.
>> The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. (162.5 cms for Air-Force).
>> Your chest should be well developed, fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms
>> You should be able to read in a distant vision chart 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye with or without glasses.
>> Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism.

The Notification of NDA (I) Examination was already Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Website. The Online Registrations was already started and if you are Interested then please fill the application form Online soon before the last date.

The last date of apply for NDA Examination is 30/Jan/2012.

The examination will be held on 15/April/2012.

So, If you are Fulfill all these Eligibility Criteria, then you are eligible for NDA Examination. You can fill the application form Online from the official website of UPSC, If you need more Information then check official website :

upsc.gov.in
23rd January 2012, 07:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA entrance exam after passing first year engineering at an age of 18?

Quote:

Yes, You are applicable for NDA exam because your age is below 19 years.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam.But you must secure at least 50% marks.

Commerce student are also eligible for NDA exam .(Indian Air Force)

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

I have listed here the pattern of NDA exam.

Pattern of the examination :-

Books for NDA exam:-

EXAM DATE FOR NDA I EXAM:-
  • Date of commencement of notification : 31-12-2011
  • Last date to receive completed application forms : 30-01-2012
  • Date of NDA I Exam : 15-04-2012

EXAM DATE FOR NDA II EXAM:-

• Date of commencement of notification : 05-05-2012
  • Last date for the receipt of completed application forms : 04-06-2012
  • Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012
I have attached the Physical eligibility criteria for NDA exam .So Please check it out.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA NOTIFICATION 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(481.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 51 views)
23rd January 2012, 07:09 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

NDA-National Defense Service
This exam is conducted by UPSC every year twice to take qualified students into different defense service like Indian Air Force,Indian Navy and Indian Army.

To appear for NDA exam,you should have complete 12th class with PCM stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

As your age is 18 years and you are pursuing B.Tech course,so you can appear for this NDA exam too.

NDA-I exam notification release on 31st Dec 2011 and closes on 30th Jan 2012.And exam going to held on 15th April 2012.
NDA-II exam notification will release on 5th May 2012 and closed on 4th June 2012.And exam will held on 19th August 2012.

To fill the application form online,then click on below link.
http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd January 2012, 08:05 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes Dear,

Off course you can appear in the NDA exam......

In a NDA exam, candidate must have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age 19 years on the 1st January or 1st of July of the year succeeding the year of examination.

You are 18 years old and fullfilling the above criteria.

So you are 100% eligible for the NDA exam.....

I am attaching a broucher, where you will get all the informations regarding the NDA exam...

Best of Luck................
Attached Files
File Type: docx New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx(18.8 KB, 97 views)
1st April 2012, 01:01 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Nice to see that you are Interested in NDA Examination and to apply for this year NDA (I) Examination you have to fulfill the given Requirements :

>> Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 are eligible for NDA Examination, It means your age should not be more than 19 years at the time of Commencement of Training.

>> You have to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised University with maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects.

>> If you have not study Maths and Physics in your 12Th examination then you are only eligible for Army wings of NDA.

Other Mandatory Requirements :
---------------------------

>> You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease.
>> The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. (162.5 cms for Air-Force).
>> Your chest should be well developed, fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms
>> You should be able to read in a distant vision chart 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye with or without glasses.
>> Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism.

The Notification of NDA (I) Examination was already Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Website. The Online Registrations was already started and if you are Interested then please fill the application form Online soon before the last date.

The last date of apply for NDA Examination is 30/Jan/2012.

The examination will be held on 15/April/2012.

So, If you are Fulfill all these Eligibility Criteria, then you are eligible for NDA Examination. You can fill the application form Online from the official website of UPSC, If you need more Information then check official website :

upsc.gov.in
22nd April 2012, 10:02 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Yes, you can apply for n.d.a. Examination.
N.d.a. Stands for national defense academy.
This exam is conducted by u.p.s.c twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria for n.d.a.:-

age limit:-
you must be 16.5 years old & not more than 19 years .

Educational qualification:-
to join in army wing you must have passed +2 with any stream.
To join navy/air force wing you must have passed +2 with science stream.
But as you are continuing b.tech, you must have passed +2 with science stream.
So you can apply for all wings.

Citizenship:-
you must be indian.

Marital status:-
only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Physical criteria:-
you must be physically fit for applying in the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?